Spencer Reid

You fumbled for the door knob as you juggled all the Christmas gifts when Spencer stopped you.
For the first time, you actually weren't nervous to bring a guy home to your crazy family. Even though some previous guys failed to pass the test, you had faith in this one and knew that Spencer was going to fit right in. So even though it's a little early on in your relationship, you concluded that it was the right step for you two.
"What if they don't like me? Maybe this was a bad idea, y/n. There are actually proven studies that show..."
"Spencer, enough with the facts and statistics, we've been over this," you faced him and put a hand to his cheek, "they're going to love you! And if, I'm saying IF, they don't- because they WILL- it doesn't matter. I don't need their approval to realize that I love you and that you're the one that makes me truly happy, alright?"
"Ok..." He tried to smile.
"Spence, it's going to be fine," you leaned in just as your dad opened the door.
"Merry Chri-!" He began before noticing you two mid kiss, resulting in Spencer awkwardly jumped aside.
"Hello you must be the charming young man my y/n can't stop talking about!" Your father violently shook Spencer's hand, startling him.
"It's nice to meet you sir," he winced.
"Hello, come on in, make yourself at home! I have a feeling we're going to be seeing a lot of you!" Your mom cheered, frantically grabbing for his coat.
"I really hope he likes the gift we bought," you're mother tried to whisper to you, "any boy that makes you smile this much is worth it." Spencer gave you a questioning glance as your younger cousin ran over to greet him quickly. Spencer's eyes seemed to light up as the small child, clearly already warmed up and welcoming, showed him their new toy, and they started to drag him further into the house making him laugh.
As they all walked ahead, he squeezed your hand tight and whispered, "How am I doing?"
"Fine," you laughed at his nervousness, "I can already tell they love you." You reassured him as you walked into the dining room full of family.
_______________
After the long night of some awkward small talk, gift giving, laughter, and your little cousins hopping on Spencer "the giant" 's back- practically begging for a ride around the snowy yard, it was finally time to leave.
"You did it!" You quietly said as Spencer helped you with your jacket.
"Surprisingly. Hey, how did your mom know I wanted that Doctor Who chess set?" He laughed.
"Oh a little bird told me," your parents appeared ready to say goodbye, "Thank you for coming tonight. The whole family can't get enough of you! You are coming to our New Year's Eve party right?"
"Of cou-" he began.
"Mom, were working that night."
"Ah, that's right," your mom said as someone called from the other room, "I'll be there in a minute! Anyway, we do hope to see more of you soon dear, goodnight! Merry Christmas!" She hugged Spencer and gave you a kiss.
"Goodnight, Merry Christmas, son," your dad shook his hand after having kissed you goodbye, surprising you.
_____________
"Son, huh?" Spencer smiled proudly, breaking the silence on the way home.
"I told you it was nothing to worry about! Did you see them in there? They ate you right up! You're practically part of the family already!"
He squeezed your hand tight again and lifted it to place a soft kiss on it, his eyes still on the road, "I love you, y/n."
"I love you too, Spence, I love you too."