Peter Pan (OUAT)

There have been days when Peter had to leave Neverland to find some more Lost Boys. However when times like this occurred, Peter always made sure that both you and Felix were in charge of the current Lost Boys in his absence.
Perhaps it was the fact that you were the only Lost Girl in Neverland, or that Peter had feelings for you; he never trusted you enough to let you wander around the forest by yourself. He would either command Felix; his best friend and his sidekick or one of the other Lost Boys, that were feeling the need for more adventure to accompany you. But today since Peter was gone, only Felix was allowed to look after you. So when you wanted to go out into the forest, Felix decided to tag along and help you pick some berries for the soup you were going to make for the Lost Boys' dinner.
"Hey Felix, do you mind holding this as I pick them?" You asked, passing Felix a small empty basket before crouching down next to a small berry bush and starting to pick away at the small red berries before placing them into the basket Felix was holding.
"(Y/N) do you ever feel like someone's... watching you?" Felix questioned, leaning against one of the large trees as he still kept a strong hold on the heavy basket. You cocked an eyebrow at him before standing up and taking the berry filled basket from his grasp.
"Like watching over you? Or stalking you?" You responded, picking up your bow and bag of arrows, swinging them over your shoulder with a slight struggle. Felix shrugged, resting the end of his giant club on his shoulder as you both started walking back towards the camp.
"I'm not sure but at the moment, I feel like something isn't right." Felix muttered, starting to walk ahead of you. It wasn't long until your mother-like senses kicked into action. Being the only female in the large clan of boys made you take on the 'motherly' role almost instantly. Many of the younger Lost Boys started calling you 'mother' from the moment that you first started treating the boys after their rough games with each other.
There was a quiet sound of twigs snapping in the bushes behind the two of you, followed by a suspiciously calm breeze. You could sense that there was someone else in the bushes, was that what Felix was going on about? A few seconds after, you felt a pain in your neck. It felt as though something had stung you but when you tried to feel around for some kind of creature you felt nothing.
"(Y/N)? Are you alright?" Felix was weary. He knew something was wrong yet he couldn't figure out what it was, he took notice of when you started to yawn and blink away the tired look in your eyes. That was when he realised someone had used a forbidden spell on you. As he glanced around to see if there was any clues to identify the person, your body soon started to feel dizzy.
"I'm so... tired.." You mumbled, like you were sleep talking. Felix's eyes grew as yours started to close. In the blink of an eye you started to collapse into a deep slumber, Felix had to act quickly before you injured yourself as you fell gently into his open arms. Your body now acting like dead weight as you fell into a magical deep sleep.
"Tubby!" Felix shouted for one of the Lost Boys who soon ran to Felix's side in confusion.
"Mother?" Tubby whispered, grabbing your arm and starting to shake you but found you incoherent and unable to respond. "What happened to mother?" Felix picked you up and held you comfortably as he ordered Tubby to collect as many berries as he could and take them back to the camp. "What are you going to do?" Tubby asked, already starting to pick up the dropped berries from your small basket.
"I'm going to find Tiger-Lily and ask for help from her family." Felix confessed, "When you get back to camp, let Pan know that he needs to come back immediately. It's important." Tubby nodded before picking up the half-filled basket and running back to camp, not only carrying the basket of berries but also an important message that'll get him into a lot of trouble if it's not delivered.
* * *
Felix just had to hope that Tubby had done what he ordered. He knew that he was going to get in trouble for not analysing the situation sooner, but he knew that there wasn't much that he could've done. Even now as he paced from side to side in front of one of the large teepee's that gave shelter to your sleeping form and 2 of the elders that could help try and lift the spell.
"Felix! Felix! I have news," Charlie, another one of the Lost Boys who looks to be about 10 years old, his appearance making him seem younger than he was. "Pan is coming home." Felix just nodded before starting to bite his nails in anxiousness. What was Pan going to say about his failure to protect you? It wasn't long until 3 other Lost Boys came up to the tent, wanting to see their 'mother' and try to help heal her. But their medicines weren't skilled enough to help lift spells like these.
When Felix sent out a group of Lost Boys to try and find whoever did this to you, they returned unsuccessful in finding anyone. It was said to have been like someone was in Neverland yet they weren't in Neverland.
"Pan is here," Felix whispered to himself before turning around to witness a nervous looking Peter, with no trace of anger in his eyes. Felix was prepared for some form of punishment for not fulfilling his job yet he received nothing, yet.
"How is she?" Peter asked, standing next to Felix who's expression was unreadable.
"Nothing's happened yet, they just took her from me and told me to wait here." Felix explained, both boys staring at the closed tent wanting some kind of news to tell them how you were doing.
"What happened Felix? You told me you were going to take care of her whilst I was gone!" He was raising his voice and his eyes now showed anger, a dark green to match the dark side of the island.
"I have been taking care of her. Someone entered Neverland unknown of and shot some kind of sleeping poisoned arrow at her. But when I sent the Lost Boys to go search for something or someone, they came back and said there was nothing out of the ordinary." Felix only hoped that Peter would see the sincerity in his eyes and that he was telling the truth. He did and that was when everything took a turn again from anger to frustration.
"I should've stayed! I could've protected her from these things." Peter shouted, turning around to face away from the tent and running a hand through his scruffy hair.
"There was no way you could've stayed Peter. You always have to leave on this day to find more Lost Boys. Don't hurt yourself over it." Felix's tone was soft yet affirmative. A couple quiet moments after, one of the elders walked out of the tent. Every Indian at the camp kept a straight face, apart from Princess Tiger-Lily. Pan noticed her immediately and walked closer to her wanting to know if anything has happened.
"The girl will be okay. The medicines won't heal her completely but they should aid in waking her up quicker." The message was clear to Peter that even if the medicines worked, you would still have the slight side effect of hibernation.
"That's great news. Do you know how long it'll be until she awakens?" Charlie asked, standing next to Felix with a hopeful look on his face. Was he expecting you to wake up the next day? The elder stayed quiet making the air between the group become thick with nerves. She just shook her head before looking at the little boy, covered in mud and dirt.
"She will awaken when she is ready." Then she turned to Peter and recognised him instantly, both leaders bowed their heads in respect before she took Peter's arm and lead him into the dimly-lit tent.
"You want to see her." Peter looked around the tent and noticed the bowls of different coloured pastes and a make-shift bed on the floor opposite the entrance. That was where you laid, motionless and peaceful.
Your long hair was sprawled out across the mattress and your hands were rested on top of each other on your stomach, slowly rising and falling as you took deep breaths. He was slow as he paced towards you, a hand reaching out to grab your own but he was worried that if he touched you, you would crumble to pieces in front of him like some kind of porcelain doll. The two elders just watched on at the gentle, loving interaction Peter showcased with you. His expression was tender whilst he kneeled beside you, finally having the courage to hold your cold hands.
"I'm so sorry (Y/N), I should've stayed behind and protected you." He whispered, his thumb drawing small shapes on the back of your hand. "If you can hear me, just know that I am going to find who did this to you." His lips placed a small kiss on the back of your hand before he got up and turned to the elders.
"You will look after her whilst I'm gone?" He asked although it came out more like a demand. The elders just nodded, knowing that Peter was the most powerful person on the island. Even if he wanted to stay behind and watch over you, he couldn't without having to abandon the Lost Boys, and if he did that they would cause havoc to the balance of the island.
"How is mother?" Matthew, a Lost Boy, asked Peter as he walked out of the teepee, towards Felix and the small gathering of boys.
"Mother needs rest but she's fine for now." Peter hushed, directing all the Lost Boys away from the Indian's camp. "Do you know when mother will wake?" Charlie asked, hoping that Peter would know more about the situation than the information that he received from the elder. Peter sighed before avoiding the question,
"Mother will awake when she is ready. And right now, that is not the time." Charlie frowned before racing Tubby and Matthew back to the camp. When Felix knew that they were out of ear shot he stopped Peter and asked him more about your condition.
"I told you Felix, she's fine. But I don't know when she'll wake up, it could be weeks for all I know. Maybe even years!" Peter complained, huffing loudly as he practically stormed his way back to the camp.
"You know how in fairytales, true love's kiss can cure anything." Felix hinted, teasing Pan at the same time. Peter smirked before turning to Felix with a glint of mischief in his eyes.
"True love doesn't exist Felix." He spat, turning Felix's smile into a wavering frown. Peter chuckled before walking towards the logs that surrounded the already burning campfire. Lost Boys danced wildly around it, celebrating the return of Pan but Peter sat with his eyes drawn to the bright flames of the fire. The night drew to a close only a couple hours later, the fire dying down and the boys quickly rushing towards their tree-houses leaving Peter to then walk towards his own cabin. The only thing on his mind being the image of your sleeping form.
* * *
For the next week, Peter came everyday to check up on how you were doing. He'd hold your hand and recite his day to you just in case you were able to hear him, but when there was no reaction from you he would leave you be and go back to training the Lost Boys. Two weeks went by and Peter still felt that small spark of hope that makes him believe that you'd be waking up any minute.
However once again there was nothing, no movement and no reaction from you. You still laid with your eyes closed on the mattress, your hair starting to look tangled. Peter turned to Tiger-Lily and asked her for an odd request.
"Tiger Lily, could you please keep her groomed for when she wakes up, she might get scared of her appearance." Tiger Lily nodded and waited for Peter to leave before she started washing away the dirt on your skin and brushing your hair so that it was smooth.
Months started to come around and the changing of the seasons made Peter worry about you. How would you stay warm without him there? Would you miss your favourite season of Spring because you were still asleep? So when the starting change from Winter to Spring occurred, he flew up to the teepee and rested one of his own blankets on top of you.
His scent would linger on your skin as he tried to make sure you were warm and happy when you wake. But Peter started to lose hope. Maybe you were going to be asleep for an eternity, but the elders told him to stop worrying and that you would be waking up soon. When was soon? The Lost Boys turned anxious, everyday they would ask Peter when 'Mother' was returning. So Peter responded with a "soon" just like what the elders told him.
It was hard for the Boys to stay at the camp without you, they missed your storytelling, they missed your jokes, your love & comfort, most of all they just missed your presence. You were gone for too long and they were worried that you'd miss out on important things like new Lost Boys training and their vulnerability or the new game they played and whoever was the champion.
"Pan, you're tired." Felix pointed out one day, stopping the leader from walking out of camp to check up on you again. "You need rest."
"I can't sleep Felix, I need to know if she's alright. It's hard enough with the small ounce of hope in my heart but I need to see if she's waking up." Suddenly, he felt something warm in his chest; like ice melting away from his cold heart. He knew this feeling, it was how he could tell you were close-by.
"Pan, Felix, what was that weird feeling in my chest?" Matthew asked, walking up to the taller boys with a curious look on his face. Peter turned around to witness the confusion on all the Lost Boys faces, they all felt it too.
"It's about me," Your voice came out as a whisper in the shadows of the forest. Your frail body leaning against Tiger-Lily as she helped guide you back to camp. A smile made it's way onto every boys' face. Everyone starting to cheer in happiness at the sight of you awake. Tiger-Lily had changed you out of the jeans and t-shirt you were in before and now you wore a beautiful dress that looked hand crafted with shapes of flowers along the skirt.
"Mother!" The little boys shouted rushing towards you before multiple arms wrapped around your waist. You felt sick but yet you were more than happy knowing that you were back at the camp. Felix then gave you a bear hug when the Boys backed away from you and Tiger-Lily.
"I'm so sorry for not protecting you (Y/N)." Felix mumbled in your shoulder as your knees started to shake. You needed to lie down again or you'd collapse, it took multiple tries for you and Tiger-Lily to reach the Lost Boys camp without having your knees buckle and send you flying to the ground.
"(Y/N) needs to lie down, she's not completely healed yet." Tiger-Lily spoke as Peter soon rushed to aid Tiger-Lily in holding you up. Peter and Tiger-Lily then lead you up to your cabin with a trail of Lost Boys following.
"Will she be alright?" Peter asked Tiger-Lily as they placed you down on the soft bed sheets, he felt a mix of confusion as he watched you fall back to sleep again quickly.
"She'll be fine, it's just the side effects of hibernation and she's still not completely healed." Tiger-Lily explained as the both of them watched on at your gentle breathing. They knew you were elated to be back with the Lost Boys, even whilst you were asleep your hand would twitch whenever asked about the Lost Boys and Peter.
"Are you going to stay with us?" Peter questioned as they both walked away from your cabin. The Lost Boys having now returned back to creating loud commotion away from the tree-houses and cabins.
"Me? Stay? With the Lost Boys? I'd rather not." Tiger-Lily joked, giggling as she waved goodbye to Peter before running back to her camp. "Pan! Pan!" Charlie called out as he beckoned for him to join the group of Lost Boys that were setting up to play another game.
"Are you going to join us?" Peter smiled before rushing over to the group of boys as they split into 3 teams and started getting ready for their newly created game.
* * *
It was just another casual week in Neverland for Pan; playing games with the boys and teaching them how to defend themselves from pirates like Hook. There was two Lost Boys that were told to stay near your cabin at all times and make sure no harm was to come to you as you slept soundly. However even with the boys protecting you, Peter still felt the need to check up on you every few hours just to see if you've woken up or something.
"Pan! You need to come quick." Tubby shouted racing to reach Pan who was talking to Felix and Charlie. "(Y/N)'s waking up!"
The mention of your name was enough to let Peter disappear and then reappear at the door of your cabin. He looked at the two Lost Boys, Luke and Beau who just nodded at Peter as he walked past them. Aaron and Will were rushing around the room, grabbing different coloured bottles and placing them next to your bed but all movement turned into a halt as they stared at Peter for a bit. Peter looked a bit worried to say the least, what with the Aaron and Will frantically running around the place. He glanced down at your figure to see you still asleep, a slight smile on your face. He leant against the wall with a smile on his face, waiting for Felix and Tubby to catch up to him.
"She's... She's not awake?" Felix panted, pausing when he saw Peter standing behind a wall that looked over to your bed.
"No, not yet." Peter smiled, "But she'll be up soon. I know it." The room was peaceful for a moment, Aaron and Will starting to roam around the room once more but this time placing the bottles back in their original places. Tubby had brought along a small bouquet of white flowers and placed them neatly in a small jar next to your bed. All they had to do now was wait for you to wake up, and it didn't take you all that long to do just that.
You woke up gasping for air, somehow feeling stuffy in your dress and a thick blanket placed over the top of your body. Your eyesight had a slight blur but you could see everything just fine, once you blinked away the the exhaustion. Aaron and Will jumped to the side of your bed and started to check on how you looked physically,
"Nothing too bad, she seems alright. Although there's a mark from where she was hit on the left side of her neck." Aaron assessed, subconsciously making your hand cover the area that he spoke about. And there was indeed a small scar on your neck, it's span was only the size of your fingernail.
"How long have I been out?" You asked, pulling yourself up to sit with your back resting against the fluffed pillow. Looking down at your attire you almost laughed, there was no way you would've ever worn this if you weren't out for a while.
"Hmm? I think you were out for about... just over 3 months." Will guessed, before walking over to grab a blue bottle and handing it to you. "This is just normal water." You hesitated before grabbing the bottle from his hands and drinking a quarter of it. You pulled your knees up to your chest, resting your heavy head on them.
"How's Felix? Is Felix okay?" You quickly asked, firing questions to both Will and Aaron about Felix's state. The two boys looked puzzled before turning to Peter, Felix and Tubby who also had confused looks.
"Felix is fine?" Will said, turning back to look at you. "You were the one that got hit."
"I know! I know! But I was just trying to protect Felix. Is he okay? Can I see him?" You hurried, stretching out your legs and pulling them over the edge of the bed, ready to stand and find Felix.
"Mother please, you need to rest." Aaron was starting to panic yet he tried to remain calm and handle the situation. "(Y/N) lie down."
That was when you started to panic, your chest heaving trying to breathe in as much oxygen as possible. But it was almost impossible as your mind raced to an image of Felix dead on the floor. Your whole body starting to shake with cold swears, even with multiple layers of blankets on you, you still felt like you were dying. You screamed at Aaron and Will and demanded to let you see Felix.
"I'm here (Y/N)! I'm right here, nothing happened to me." Felix shouted, running out from around the corner to hug you tightly. Peter was still puzzled on why you got so worked up over Felix. Felix was fine and you were the one that got put under a spell for months. Were you really trying to protect Felix from something that long ago?
"Oh my god Felix, you're alright." You whispered, wrapping your arms around him holding him tight like a mother holding her child. "You're okay." Felix smiled before letting go of you and forcing you to lie down again. Tubby, Aaron and Will all looked back at Pan who stayed hidden behind the wall. Waiting for his chance to speak with you alone. After you explained what happened to Felix he just smiled gratefully and started talking about Peter.
"Wait Peter came back early? Did I distract him from doing his job?" You felt an anxious feeling in your stomach again, another panic attack coming quickly. Felix looked over his shoulder at Pan who directed Felix to leave and that he would take care of it.
"(Y/N), it's me. Are you alright?" Peter asked kneeling in front of you as you kept your gaze on your intertwined hands. Peter placed his own over yours and directed your gaze to his bright eyes. "You didn't distract me from anything, I still got the job done. But I came back as soon as I heard about what happened to you." You nodded and your eyes searched his own to know the truth. A smile made it's way onto your face as you looked down at your lap again.
"Who made me wear a dress?" You chuckled making Peter laugh along with you. "Wait let me guess, it was-"
"Tiger-Lily." You both said in unison making the two of you laugh again.
"Should've known." You breathily laughed before pulling Peter up to sit next to you. "Were you angry at me?" Peter looked at you puzzled before pressing a kiss to your temple.
"Why would I be angry?" You shrugged resting your head on his shoulder before you started yawning again.
"I don't know, maybe for not doing what you asked." You responded before closing your eyes. Peter smiled before carefully lying you back down on your bed, you pulled an uncomfortable face before opening your eyes again. "I can't sleep, I'm uncomfortable." You mumbled, pulling at the back of your dress. Peter laughed before walking over to your drawers and throwing you a large tee and some leggings.
"Get changed then." He commanded, folding his arms over his chest with a smirk on his face. You grabbed the clothes before telling him to leave so you could change in peace. He just turned around and no matter how much you tried to get him to leave, he stayed with his back to you telling you to just get ready.
"Don't turn around then." You spoke turning around to try and take off the dress and change into the tee and leggings. Although your movements were sloppy as you were still exhausted and just wanted to sleep. You struggled but shrieked in surprise as Peter helped pull you out of the dress and put on your shirt. "I'm sorry, I'm just so tired." Peter smiled before grabbing your hand and leading you back to your bed. You immediately plopped yourself onto the soft surface and dug your face deep into the pillow. As Peter pulled your blankets over your body you stopped him, grabbing onto his hand.
"Peter, can you stay? I know you'll keep an eye out for me but could you just lay with me for a bit, until I fall asleep?" You begged but Peter was already pulling off his shirt and resting his arm around your waist as he held you, trying to lull you to sleep.
"Go to sleep (Y/N). You'll feel better tomorrow. I love you." Peter whispered before you slowly started closing your eyes. Sleep once again taking over you body, like it has been for the past few months only this time you were sleeping with a proper smile on your face.