Dean Winchester

Bold = Dean's thoughts

The drive back was a blur of streetlamps and asphalts, both washing over your sight as you stared ahead.
"You good back there?" Dean looked at you through the rear-view mirror.
"I don't know" you said quietly and sank further into the seat. Throughout years of hunting your head had never hurt this badly. The quiet music that was dwindling away was suddenly too loud and you turned onto your side. Every pothole made your vision blur even more. This felt your worst hangover but intensified. The Impala finally rolled up to the garage and you followed Dean through the door after waking Sam up.
"What time is it?" Sam asked, stretching in the library.
"Two in the morning, go to sleep" Dean said and patted his brother on the back, who nodded and disappeared.
You reached up and ran your hands through your hair, applying pressure to your head.
"Are you stoned?" Dean asked while waving a hand in front of your half-shut eyes.
"No! I'm not stoned! I think the witch messed with my head" you said, rubbing your temples.
"Get some rest" he said and you nodded, walking over to the couch and shutting your eyes.
Does she ever realize how she ends up back in her bed? Why doesn't she just go into her room?
"What?" you said loudly, sitting up.
Dean turned around, "I didn't say anything."
She's definitely stoned
You shot your eyes open once more and turned around to see Dean disappear into the hallway.
"Fuck." you whispered and sighed as you realized the witch cursed you with more than a migraine.
—-
Morning came unbidden, it was a break in the only peace your head received. Reaching over to stretch you found yourself back in bed, and all that occured last night came tumbling back like an avalanche. Two abrupt knocks sounded at your door and you shouted a few choice words.
"Woah, easy" Dean raised both hands as he walked in. "Get up, we have another case" he said and yanked your blanket off you.
"What if I wasn't wearing pants? Or a nude sleeper or something?" you asked, sitting up.
"Even better" Dean said and you rolled your eyes.
"Pack up, we're hitting the road in an hour" he said while picking up a picture of the two of your off your desk. You began changing when you realized the door never shut, and you turned to see Dean shuffling through all your photos.
She looks so good in every picture
"When did you take these?" he asked and you shrugged.
"Whenever I get the chance."
—-
As promised, an hour later you found yourself in the backseat of the Impala, picking at a dried blood stain on the seat from last night.
"Did you pack the silver bullets?" Sam turned around and you nodded. As he turned back he began, "In about two miles take the exit and we'll find a motel. The werewolf's house isn't too far from it."
"I think I see a diner" Dean said and made a sharp right. In the daylight the 'Roadside Diner' sign continued to glow faintly, a few lights stuttered. Sam chose a booth and slid in, immediately catching the attention of a waitress. You sat next to him, and Dean took the seat across you. Sam began to tell you a story about a similar diner he and Dean were in when they were little kids and you laughed when he said that nine year old Dean tried flirting with the waitress.
Son of a bitch
"It's funny, Dean. There's no need to be mean to Sam" you said.
"I didn't say anything" Dean spun a salt shaker in between his fingers. "Are you sure you're feeling OK?"
"Yeah, fine" you said.
No she isn't, Dean thought as he turned to look at the special's board on the wall. But she's hot when she's confused.
You opened your mouth to reply then sighed. When the food arrived you dug in immediately, only to be stopped by Dean's internal moaning.
"Hey, so" you said loudly, "Do we have to speak with the victim's family first?"
"We already know where the wolf is" Sam said and popped a french fry into his mouth. He specified for them to be baked and not fried. After an odd look from the waitress, Sam got his un-crispy fries.
"Should we go tomorrow morning?" Sam asked and looked between you and Dean.
"Sounds good" you shrugged and took another bite.
There's ketchup on the side of her lip
You reached up and wiped it, "Thanks."
Dean leaned forward and stared at you.
"What? Something on my face?" you asked while grabbing a napkin.
"Are you sure the witch didn't do anything to you?" he asked and you nodded no, hoping the spell would just wear off.
"I'm fine Dean, I promise." you pushed your plate forward and leaned back.
Y/N better be telling the truth or I'll bring that witch back and kill her again
You bit back a smile.
—-
"I shot the bed!" you shouted as you walked into the room.
"You got it last time" Sam said and dropped his duffel on the table.
Dean walked in and took off his jacket. "I'll take it so you don't fight" he said and dropped onto the bed.
"No way" you exclaimed and jumped on right next to him, causing Dean to roll his eyes.
"I'll go ask for a different room, so we have two beds" Sam began walking to the door.
I'd rather share it with Y/N
You looked at Dean quickly, then back at his younger brother, "It's fine, Sam. We'll share."
It'll be like that case in Phoenix when I woke up to her spooning me
"It wasn't me who was doing the-" you began then jumped off the bed. "I- I need to put on some other clothes."
"Y/N" Dean sat up, "If something is wrong just talk about it"
"Oh because you know how to do that" you retorted sarcastically then immediately covered your mouth. "Sorry. I didn't mean that."
Dean bowed his head and sighed, "You're right" he said and laid back down, turning onto his side.
She's always right somehow. She's too good for this fucking job
It was hard not to answer to that. Not to tell Dean how good of a person he is too. Not to admit to him that he was the one who was right most of the time, and that growing up a hunter wasn't his fault. Instead you crawled onto the bed and turned over to Dean, pressing your head into his back.
When you opened your eyes again, the red digital numbers read '3:04 AM' and you rubbed your eyes. The room was dark and all you heard was Dean and Sam's breathing. Mostly Dean's though because you found just how close his mouth was to your ear. Quietly you kicked your boots off and raised the blanket over the both of you, rolling back over and into his embrace.
When morning finally did come, Sam was gone and you were sweating. Between Dean's body heat and your jacket there was hardly any room for the motel's weak air conditioning.
"Get up" you nudged his shoulder and kicked off the blanket.
No, he thought.
"Yes! Now get up!" you shouted. Hearing him was both a blessing and a curse. His thoughts infiltrated your mind every second, and you could only pick out the thoughts that stood out the most. How Castiel did this for all his celestial life, you didn't know.
The door swung open and Sam came in and tried balancing three cups of coffee and a brown bag.
"Careful" you smiled and helped him put breakfast on the table.
That better be pie I'm smelling
You shook your head and opened the bag.
"Want some pie, Dean?" you asked and he shot up from bed. You laughed and passed him his breakfast.
"We should head out now" Sam said, "It'll be easier to find it during the day."
"Don't they only turn at night?"
"Not this one. That's why all the killings happen in the afternoon, it's powerful and fast." Sam explained.
"Let's go" you said and put down your half empty cup.
I really don't want her going on this hunt
You crossed your arms and looked up to find Dean staring at you with an unreadable expression.
—-
The front door was left unlocked and you opened it slowly. Dean motioned to turn left and you cocked your gun as you walked.
What the hell was that?
And then you heard it too. A loud bang sounded from the kitchen and immediately Dean took a step in front of you and ran in. Sam was already there and had a gun pointed to a man's head.
"Please don't shoot" he said, "I'll give you anything"
"Your wallet?" Dean cocked a brow up and stepped closer. You sighed and pulled out your blade.
"You don't mind if I just touch you with this right?" you asked and took a step closer.
Stop. Don't. Don't!
Dean was shouting in his mind but clenching his jaw on the outside. You turned back in time to see him grit his teeth before a horrible howling sounded next to you. Sam took a step back as the wolf transformed. You raised your gun but the werewolf sent you flying into the wall. The table you crashed onto split beneath you and raw wood poked at your sides. A thin line of blood followed the cut from the wood.
"Y/N!" Dean ran over to you, only to be tackled.
"Sam, shoot!" you shouted but the wolf turned around and threw Sam into the kitchen counter.
Sammy. Wake up, get up
Dean begged silently. Meanwhile the wolf jumped on him again and you only got a bullet into its side. If you did wound it, the wolf didn't show it. Dean flipped it off but it landed on you. Dean looked over and clenched his jaw, gripping the gun with a shaking hand. You'd never seen that before. While still on the floor, Dean let out three bullets into its chest while a claw ripped deep down into your side. The first thing you felt was heat. An intense heat so powerful it burned as blood began pumping out of your side.
"Sammy!" Dean shouted and began pressing his hands against the gash. You looked down at yourself to see Dean's bloody hands applying pressure to your numb stomach. Sam ran over and crouched down next to you. You looked up at the ceiling and fought the tears that began swimming in your eyes. Sam was saying something and Dean was shouting back but your ears were buzzing.
Don't you leave, don't you fucking dare
You finally heard something clearly and let the tears roll down your face.
"Dean" you said, "I can't feel anything."
"It's fine, you're fine" he said and picked up your head in his hand. You moved your eyes to look at Sam whose hands were gripping your thigh as if he holding onto you alive would keep you there.
"My head hurts" you whispered.
"It's been hurting for two days" Dean said and you sputtered out a laugh. It burned your throat.
I love you. Don't leave. Please. Don't leave me. I don't want you to leave me.
Dean kept repeating the same phrase like a mantra in his head.
"I won't leave you" you said and Dean's eyes went wide. He dropped his head down and pressed his forehead to yours.
I love you so much
Sam began telling you something but his voice dwindled away. Suddenly you became very cold and then saw nothing but blackness flow into your vision.
Please don't go, was the last thing you heard until a familiar sound resonated through the buzzing and the pain. Then you felt heat. A burning heat spreading from your side down to your legs. You inhaled sharply and shot upwards.
You inhaled sharply and shot upwards. A hand gripped your back tightly and held you up as you stared ahead. Light began filling the crevices of the room until everything came into focus.
"Y/N" Dean's voice kept repeating.
Why isn't she speaking? Say something, please.
You turned your head slowly and exhaled loudly. Sam let go of your leg and instead reached up to check where the wound was.
"She is completely healed" Castiel stood up from your side and gave you a soft smile. The sound of his wings again penetrated through the confusion as he disappeared.
"You're good, you're ok" Dean reassured both himself and you.
"Don't do that again" Sam warned with a soft smile playing on his face. He gripped your hand and stood up, stretching his legs.
You began getting up and felt Dean grab your legs instead. After struggling from his grip you found yourself cradled in his arms.
Why does she always refuse help?
"I didn't even say anyt-" you began and felt Dean stop walking.
"You're not telling me something" he said and adjusted your legs in his arms. "You almost died back there and you're already keeping secrets?" Dean said loudly, his mouth very close to your face.
"Can we get home first? I don't want to fight while I'm being carried."
The bunker is home. She called our bunker her home.
You smiled to yourself and shut your eyes, yearning to fall asleep in the Impala.
—-
Hours later you opened your eyes to darkness. The moonlight bounced off the windows and reflected your face on the glass. You reached up to touch your cheek where a cut should have been.
"How're you feeling?" Sam asked and turned around.
"A lot better, thanks. I'm hungry though" you said and Dean let out a laugh.
"We'll grab something on the way home."
—-
The bunker smelled of old leather and wood. Sometimes Sam said it smelled like your perfume, but Dean never minded. The familiar scents overtook you as you walked down the metal staircase. It was like floating over something that never should have been. Castiel gave you a second chance, and suddenly everything your eyes landed on seemed brand new. You were even thankful to see Sam's half drunk cup of tea still on the table, a dark sticky circle underneath it that you were especially excited to clean. The table lamps came to life and casted a soft orange glow against the brick walls. As you walked back to your room you trailed a finger along the cool walls, feeling each familiar bump and crack underneath your fingertips.
"Y/N?" Dean's voice broke you from your trance.
"Yeah?"
"How about a movie night?" he asked, leaning against your door frame.
"I'm too tired after everything. I won't be able to focus on it" you said honestly and peeled off your jacket to reveal a cut Castiel didn't see.
"Shit" you muttered and drew your bloodied fingers back from it. Dean walked up and grabbed your arm in his hand.
Son of a bitch missed it
"It's not Castiel's fault, Sam will just stitch it up" you said and Dean stared at you.
"It's fine, I will" his hands slid down your arm to catch your fingers; briefly.
As he walked away you watched his arms swing by his sides. The ones covered in your own blood. Eventually you followed behind him, trying to remember most of what he thought when the situation beforehand seemed inevitable.
You sat down in a library chair and Dean took a seat across you while opening up the small plastic box. Bandages spilled out along with threads and needles that made you look away. Dean pressed an alcohol soaked towel against the wound and you winced.
"You're strong, you can handle this" Dean said and you blushed.
As Dean stitched slowly you watched his eyes dart back and forth with the needle.
"Ow" you whispered as he stitched the last one.
"Sorry" he replied and looped the thread through. Dean looked up at you to see rosy cheeks and wide eyes.
"What?" you asked, smiling at him
I love you
"I love you too" you said immediately and your hand flew to your mouth. Dean shoved his chair back and stared at you. His eyes penetrated yours with an emotion you couldn't read.
"What the hell did you just say?" he asked.
"Is it a bad thing?" you began to stand up. "Just forget it. I thought that you-"
"That I what? Said it out loud?" he shouted and stood up.
"It was the witch! I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier, I thought it would fade away."
"Well it obviously didn't!" he said quickly and then rubbed his face.
"I'm sorry" you said quietly and sighed, "Just forget it." You pushed the chair back into place and pulled your sleeve over the wound before turning around.
"Y/N" Dean called as you walked.
"Forget it!" you shouted.
A familiar hand gripped your upper arm and turned you around.
I'm sorry
"I know" you said.
"That's freaky" he laughed softly and you finally let out a smile.
"Tell me about it" you looked up at him through your lashes. The dim lighting casted down shadows that bounced off your face, creating a warm glow across your cheeks.
She's gorgeous
A soft pink stained your cheeks and you bit back a smile. In one swift motion Dean placed a hand under your chin and pressed his lips to yours. His hands roamed your face down to your sides until you raised your own and felt his hair tickle your fingers.
And sexy
"Stop it" you couldn't help but smile.
Smart and strong, too
"I'm serious!" you smacked his arm and he laughed.
"Might as well take advantage of this while I can" he said and you nodded your head. Suddenly you saw yourself in your mind, through Dean's eyes. His thoughts were purely centered around you. You rested your head against his chest and he held you in his arms. Then images of him unbuttoning your shirt appeared and you looked up at him.
"You need to slow down, Winchester!"
"You can see my thoughts too?" Dean's eyes went wide and you nodded furiously. Immediately a devious smirk appeared on his face and he wiggled his eyebrows suggestively. Images of you cuddling him, kissing him, and making love to him flashed before your eyes at an alarming rate.
"How about we start with the first?" you smiled.
"Perfect" he said and snaked an arm around your side, pressing you to him.
Don't ever leave, Dean thought and you nuzzled your head into his side, "I didn't leave then, and I won't now. Not ever" you reassured him and walking with him back to his room. He placed a soft kiss on your temple and rested his chin on your head, holding you, gripping you, loving you, and caring for you.