Liam Dunbar

Y/n P.O.V
Liam slowly released your bottom lip from his teeth before resting his forehead against yours. The full-blown kiss that you just shared left the both of you absolutely breathless. Liam's eyes briskly opened, revealing his baby blue orbs which reluctantly searched yours before he opened his mouth to speak, "This means nothing right?" He asked, whispering almost as if he was scared of letting this little secret that you two had out.
"Yeah." You replied, before averting your eyes away from his agonizing stare. "Nothing at all."
With a short term agreement that consists of giving affection to one when needed which was nothing more than a kiss. But the thing was- there was no strings attached. The second someone admits to falling for the other then the deal would be off. It was simple really, what happens in your room stays in your room and you just can't fall in love.
But that's what you exactly did,
You fell for Liam Dunbar.

A week later...
The bed dipped slowly once the clock struck midnight. You laid still as you recognised the scent of no one other than Liam, who for the first time was late and had an enormous grin on his face which made you curious to why he was so giddy at this time of night.
"Y/n, I did it. I actually did it." He began as rested on his side so he could face you.
Your brows furrowed, "Did what Liam?"
But you instantly regretted that question which escaped your mouth. As much as you wanted to know why Liam was like this, you hoped it wasn't what you were thinking.
"I kissed her. I kissed Hayden."
Your heart felt as if the person who had control of it clenched it so tight, it could break. And that person was Liam. He looked after it, kept it safe but now he mishandled it before crushing it between his fingers.
"What's going to happen now? I-I mean the deal?" You questioned, concerned that all this would be over.
And without any hesitation, Liam's smile widened, "It'll be over! There will be no more sleepless nights for you and you won't need to see me anymore."
With every muscle, you forced your lips into a tight smile as you tried to hide away your hurt. So you then turned the other way before feeling Liam's arm snake around your waist and lull you towards him.
As much as you don't want to sound clingy, you didn't want the thing between you and Liam to end. But we all know nothing lasts forever, that's a fact.
But that night, the one thing that made your chest painfully wheeze even more was that fact that you swore you heard Liam whisper,
"Goodbye Y/n."
-
As you were strolling to your locker, you immediately caught sight of a mop of brown hair heading straight past, so you grasp their arm and pulled them into an empty classroom.
"Y/n, what the hell?" Liam asked, his voice rising slightly. His blue orbs glaring at you as you blocked the door.
You gulped, "Liam, I-I need to speak to you."
"Well hurry up because Hayden i-"
"I'm in love with you." You blurted out, interrupting him before you instantly cover your mouth with your hand.
Liam frowned, "What do you mean? You're not supposed to, it was part of the deal Y/n."
That wasn't the reaction you expected. In movies, once the main character confesses their love, they get it in return, but isn't everything too good to be true.
"It just happened okay! I can't help it Liam, I'm in love with you and have been ever since." You then paused with your heart pounding in your chest at the question that invaded your mind all night. "Do I mean anything to you?"
An eerie silence invaded the room as Liam kept his stern eyes on you the whole time. You hoped Liam would say the word you would want to hear but you knew he would say the other. The word that no one would want to hear.
"No." He stated. "You mean nothing to me Y/n. You were only there to help me with my nightmares, that's all."
Feeling a sudden lump inside your throat, your eyes blurred with tears before you turned away from Liam because of utter embarrassment and hurt. He only used you and that was the worst feeling in the world. You were only there for his needs but he was never there when you needed him.
With that, Liam sighed and pushed past you then headed straight out of the door.
Your breathing began to lose rhythm before you pressed your hand harder against your lips trying to stop the sobs from escaping whilst the tears drizzled out of your eyes.
You felt helpless.
A hand soon clasped around your shoulder before turning you towards them. "Shh. Y/n, It's alright." A low voice soothed.
You glanced up and felt Theo dragged his thumb on your wet cheeks. "Theo? You heard-"
He nodded before wrapping his arms around you, completely taking you by surprise. "I know how it feels." He muttered. "You know what? I'll do you a favour."
You pulled away before wiping you cheeks with your sleeve. "What is it?"
A hidden smirk made its way to Theo's face before his blue eyes stared down at you mischievously, "I'll get rid of Hayden only if-" He began before leaning in closer.
"-You break Liam's heart."