Sam Winchester

1998, May 2nd - 1:20 am
"HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY SAMMY" you held the two vanilla milkshakes in your hand, shoving one in a surprised Sam's face. His face relaxed and so did the grip on his knife. He opened the door wider to let you into the cheap motel room.
"Jesus what did you think I was? A werewolf?" You walked in and set the shakes on the cheap table of the motel room. You looked around to see Dean passed out on the bed like the grub he was.
"What are you doing here, Y/N? it's 1 in the morning! You're dad will kill you" You shrugged your shoulders and sat on the bed next to Deans.
"Well it's your birthday, plus dad's on a hunt with yours, doofus" Sam lowered his head and chuckled which you found absolutely adorable. You got up and grabbed a random jacket from the closet throwing it to Sam. You picked up a shake and walked towards the door, you stood in the doorway looking back at him. When he realised you were waiting on him he shrugged on the jacket and picked up the frosty shake, walking outside with you.
Your dad told you to leave the motel for only two occasions, one you needed back up, or two the boys needed back up. So if he found out you snuck out to meet the boys when he wasn't there you would've probably been grounded for life. You would have been in the same motel with them but they got the last room and dad would kill you before letting you stay with two boys. So he put you in the one across the road.
You sat on the cool grass and looked up at the starry night. You let out a sigh and you saw your breath contrasting with the black illuminated sky. You heard the grass crunch and saw Sam now beside you. He sat down next to you, still sipping on his milkshake.
"You think we can get out Sam? You know, leave the family business?" You laid your head on his shoulder and he released a long sigh, thinking about your question. You shivered due to the chilly gushes of wind hitting you.
"I hope so... I want to go to Yale or maybe even Stanford!" You chuckled at his wish.
"Aiming high there, huh Sam? You'd be lucky enough to finish highschool let alone go to a university" You set your milkshake on the grass and laid down on the slightly damp grass. You gazed up into the sky noticing how they reminded you of twinkling fairy lights. You smiled and Sam laid down beside you.
"When we turn 18 nothings stopping us Y/N, not even our dad's" You thought carefully and you furrowed your eyebrows.Sam loved it when you did that, how your concentration is never broken. He found it adorable.
"What about Dean?" You moved your head to the left and faced Sam. He stared into the night creating circles with his breath.
"He won't go anywhere without Dad" You nodded, knowing Dean looked up to John more than anyone else, but he was also your brother, you couldn't leave him.
"On a brighter note lets make a pact" You propped yourself onto your elbows and looked over to Sam who did the same.
"A pact?" He questioned.
"Yup, no matter where we are, we will always find our way back to each other, deal?" You pulled out your pinky and he grabbed it with his.
"Deal" He pulled you into his side before laying back down again. Your head was on his chest and you smiled in content. You two weren't dating but this was always a tradition, every year since you were 10 you'd do this for his birthday and you two felt free for two days every year, your birthday and Sam's.
2001, May 2nd - 2:01 am
"What do you mean you're leaving?" You held two milkshakes in your hand with slight tears pooling in your eyes, you stared at your best friend who had his life packed in the bags he was holding.
"I'm finally 18 Y/N, we can finally leave! " You walked inside the room and set the drinks on the table, after all it was tradition. You set your keys beside it and you flattened your hair with your hand in frustration.
"Sam I turn 18 in 4 months, I can't leave now, dad will murder me... plus what about Dean? John's going to kill him" Sam shook his head, he gently touched your face placing a kiss on your forehead. You grabbed onto his shoulders hoping he wouldn't leave your grasp, but wishes don't come true.
"I'm sorry, I promise i'll come back for you. I promise" You couldn't speak so you lifted your head up and placed a gentle soft kiss on his lips, a kiss that meant it all. His pinky found a way to yours and you pulled away, nodding. He looked at your face one last time and he walked out that door, leaving you behind with a giant hole in your heart.
2004, May 2nd - 1:30 am
You never lost contact with Dean, after Sam left he never came back for you, so you found out where he was. Son of a bitch made it to Stanford. You got the address of where he lived and you were now standing outside his house with two milkshakes, maybe you should've waited till tomorrow?. Your heart began to rapidly beat as you knocked on the door of the apartment. The seconds began to feel like hours and you began to contemplate whether you should leave or stay but that was broken by shuffling behind the door. The door opened with a beautiful, blonde girl standing at the door way with sleep evident on her face.
"Hi, can I help you?" Okay so beautiful was an understatement, she was stunning. She was wearing shorts and a tank top, her body was perfect.
"Sorry wrong flat, I'm looking for a Sam Winch- Babe who is it?" You heard Sam's sleepy voice coming from behind the girl. Your eyes widened, you missed that voice more than anything in the world. Sometimes the only way you'd get up was that voice wishing you a goodmorning. A messy haired Sam walked behind the girl, she looked up at Sam who froze when he saw a devastated and heartbroken you.
"Y/N" He breathed out, you smiled while the tears pricked your eyes. You looked down at your feet feeling like an idiot. Of course he moved on, no wonder he never came.
"You broke your promise, I'm sorry. I'll uhm go now" Sam saw the milkshakes in your hand and his heart broke into two, he wanted to come back for you but he couldn't. John told him to never set foot near them ever again so it was impossible to contact you.
"No, Y/N please wait" You set the shakes down on the floor and you turned around to walk down the stairs. You ran out the door and into the cool night. You crouched over and your hands were on your knees. You tilted your head up to stop the tears from falling and you noticed how beautiful the stars looked on this depressing night. You thought Sam wouldnt follow you but he grabbed your hand and you turned around, crying. He pulled you into a hug and you broke down.
"You were suppose to come back" You hit his chest and cried further into his shirt.
"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry" You saw his hurt girlfriend come to view and you pushed him away, seeing the pain on his face.
"She's beautiful" You commented. "Happy 21st birthday, Sammy. " You wiped the tears away, and you walked away from Sam, not knowing when you'd see him next.
2009, May 1st - 11:54 am
You lost contact with both the brothers, after your dad died later in 2004 you went underground. You gave aliases to everyone you knew and no one knew your real name, except for Uncle Bobby. Your heart was broken to pieces and you felt as if you were too far gone, you lost your dad and your bestfriends in the same year and you couldnt handle anything.
Until a week ago when Bobby told you everything about Sam and you couldn't imagine what he's going through so you got his location and you went after him. You couldn't see him but you felt as if he needed some form of comfort, so you bought two milkshakes and a packet of sticky notes. You set the two vanilla milkshakes in front of their motel room with a single note on it.
"No matter where we are, we will always find our way back to each other" You read the note and rang the doorbell. You ran away and hid behind a car, you saw Sam open the door and look around. Your breath hitched in your throat, he was much bigger and his hair was longer. You noticed he didn't have that goofiness in his eyes anymore and you missed it. You missed the goofy 15 year old.
Sam looked at the milkshakes and the most heartwarming smile appeared on his face. He picked it up and read the note. You saw him close his eyes and smile while he said your name, you saw his pinky slightly stick out. He walked back inside, folding the note he put it in his wallet and he shut the door. No matter where you were, you'll find each other.