Lost Portal

"Finding a candidate is tiring ..." I groan and slop down on the paved concrete path.

"We must find a prophet quickly, so get off of your ass and come with me." He says and suddenly grabs my hand and pulls me up.

I look at him in suprise while The Prince diverts his eyes from me.

"Hurry up idiot." He says.

"Yeah, yeah." I groan, "Are we staying in this world?"

"No. I change my mind ... the people here have too much potential here." He says and sighs, "The loners here are probably psychos."

"So ... where are we going?" I ask.

"Back to Hell." He tells me, "The other kingdoms can get angry, I don't care. They can take up the job themselves."

"Whatever. I'm tired anyway." I respond and yawn.

The Prince and I walk back to portal which was in the middle of a busy road.

The Prince squints as he looks into thw empty space. "Huh?! Where's the damn portal?!"

"What?!" I exclaim.

The Prince walks to the other end of the road but doesn't get sucked into any sort of portal. He looks pissed off.

"Why did the portal disappear?!" I exclaim, please, I do not want to be stuck in such an overwhealming place.

"Damn it!" The Prince clenches his fist, "It closed by itself."

"What?!"

"It's the Gatekeeper's added security. A dark spirit must've came close to the portal and now it's closed." He says.

Dark spirits are the souls of the depressed. For example the ones that have committed suicide.

"... What now?" I ask.

"We get a ticket." He answers and I raise an eyebrow, "Once someone dies they get a ticket to judgement."

That's right. Once spirits get a ticket they get sucked into judgement where they either rot in hell or live a peaceful life with the angels. But you won't get sucked up if you are latched onto something in the mortal world, like unfinished business.

"Where do we get this ticket?" I ask him.

"I don't know. But this guy can help us." He answers.

The Prince and I walk on the streets to an old small vintage shop full of herbs.

An old man sits on a stool behind a counter and jumps up in suprise. ... He can see us?

"W-Who are you?" He asks in his fragile voice, staggering back.

"It's Jack Blaze." The Prince responds with a smile.

"Oh Jack!" He says and turns fear into happiness.

The Prince waves his hand, "Yo gramps."

We take a seat with him in the back of his store.

"Elsa, this is Julio. While I had my trip here he was the one taking care of me." The Prince explains.

"Yes, Julio, how can you see us? You are a mortal right?" I ask.

"Yes I am. I was born with close ties to death that is why I can see spiritual beings." He answers, "That is why I spent most of my life studying spiritual things."

"People can have that?" I say, "Close ties with death?"

"It means their spirit isn't completely aligned with their body. Depending on how aligned their spirit, depends on whether they can sense or see spirits." The Prince explains.

"I guess I was quite unfortunate since birth." Julio says, "Anyway what do you need me for?"

"We need a ticket to judgement." I tell him and Julio looks at me in suprise.

"You need to die for that. And on this world you aren't alive." Julio says.

"There must be another way to get that ticket." The Prince says.

"Sometimes it gives tickets to the live ones that have too many painful times and has nothing to live for, so it offers it a ticket to judgment and from there goes to heaven." Julio says, "But that's in very very rare cases."

"What is 'it'?" I ask.

"Death itself." The Prince answers.

"Judgment is a very automatic thing. Your angel will go back to heaven and you will go back to hell. Elsa can attempt to go to hell but the system is very strict." Julio says.

"... Well, I have no choice then." The Prince turns to me and forces a smile, "You'll get what you've always wanted. To go back to Heaven."

I look down. Why do I feel so uneasy? I should be happy!

"You only need one ticket." Julio says, "I know this one person who might possess the ticket."

"Who?"

"She's in hospital right now. My daughter, take it from her so she can continue her fight of survival." Julio tells us.

A/N

It's been a while. December is a very busy month. I had a holiday and had Christmas and now my bday. Which is on the 29th, yes a day before Taehyung's.
I have a new phone so it will take a while to adjust to this keyboard.