Apparition

I feel like my deep and meaningful conversations with Hiccup start out awkward and soon the ball starts rolling.

I learnt so many things about him, like how he is only 18 in actual age since he is half mortal. That his parents were seperated but then his father died and now he's running away from the Soul Reaper title by taking up freelance rogue.

"Mortals are very interesting!" I comment, "You are indeed 'awesome'! You've had so many experiences in those tiny 18 years and I've only started to experience things after around 120."

"I wish I had a peaceful life." Hiccup mutters.

We hear a racquet close by near the buffet with Dracula arguing with a trapped soul, a ghost.

"I'm sorry my valued guest! But we don't have any 'typewriters' in the building!" Dracula raises his voice politely to a guest.

I stand up and squint as I see a familiar face, I rush closer near the food to confirm my query. 

"Kiryan?!" I exclaim.

I scan her up and down and her feet aren't touching the floor and her body blends in with the air, she's translucent like the other guests. I examine her face and she seems fatigued. 

I firmly grab her shoulders and turn her to face me. 

"Why are you like this?!" I exclaim in complete shock.

Kiryan briefly makes eye contact with me, "Oh Elsa ..." Her voice dragged and slurred, "Do you have a typewriter?"

"What are you on about?" I ask, "Why do you need one?"

"I need to finish my piece. But it's in another world."  She answers looking at the floor and moving as if she was a resurrected human, "I'll be returning to my room."

Kiryan levitates out of sight.

I turn around to see Hiccup with an expression of sympathy, "Do you know her?"

"Yes ... but I don't know why she's like this." I tell him, whatever I'm thinking can't be true.

Dracula joins us, "It seems that I cannot help this ghost pass on. She'll be one of those cases that'll be bound to this hotel, since the only item that will help her leave is an invention existing in another world." He tells us.

My eyes widen and I look to the floor, "I don't understand. Has she passed away?"

Dracula looks at me with immense concern and places his hand on my shoulder, "I'm sorry." Dracula rubs my shoulder to comfort me and then quickly moves on to tend to his hotel inn.

"I don't get it." I regain my posture, "Why did she end up like this?"

"Don't Elsa." Hiccup warns me, "If you ask a ghost about it's past especially their death it'll trigger their memory and there is a possibility they may turn into a benevolent spirit."

"I don't need to ask." I confirm and narrow my eyes, "I have a good idea of the culprit."

Hiccup looks at me with immense concern, "It's best not to investigate further. We can't help her."

"But I can avenge her." I mutter.

"No you can't." Hiccup says, "This 'Fallen Angel' thing is going to your head."

"But I am a Fallen Angel!" I exclaim, "I'm already excluded by Heaven, so I'm not a normal one. So I shouldn't try and be a saint all the time."

"It doesn't mean you can go act like a demon." He responds with subtle anger.

I just stare at him, while collecting my thoughts.

"Why don't you act like an angel or a demon ... but act like yourself." He tells me, "We don't want an identity crisis to arise."

"Is it because you've experienced this for the majority of your life?" I ask him, softening my expression.

Hiccup pauses for a moment then nods, "Correct. Most of my life I had this dilemma to choose between the lifestyle of a Human or a Soul Reaper. But trust me. You don't get the best of both worlds."

"Hiccup- I just want to save them ... from Jaspar. Jaspar is going to duel Jack for the throne, and I know Jaspar's smarter now but he's not stronger, meaning he has a trick up his sleeve." I explain to him.

"Jaspar?" Hiccup asks me with alarm in his face.

"Yeah." I respond confusingly, "He's Jack's brother."

"He's the one who ordered me to kill Jack." He elaborates.

A/N

I'M SO SORRYYYYYY. THIS BOOK HAS NOT DIED.

Um yeah, I underestimated how much work I have that I quit my job. This term has been crazy, the amount of times I've been bombarded with tests and exam week is approaching. 

& of course all my chapters that were pre-written ironically ran out during that time.

So I may go on an OFFICIAL hiatus- but I'm not happy with the amount of chapters I've put out. So maybe not. I'll try to release at least 3 more chapters (in a row) to redeem myself and then announce an official hiatus. I don't know I'm conflicted.

Or either pre-write as much as I can and release incrementally. It depends on whether you guys are binge-readers.

Let me know which I should do.