Reputation

My eyes flutter open, welcoming in the light of the eternal flames into my eyes, I adjust my blurry vision and get up. I smell something unpleasant and I look behind my cushion support and it seems like I slept on bags of garbage.

"Don't worry privileged Angel," Jack mocks me, "Once we get into the Palace you'll be sleeping in comfort." Jack suddenly blocks my view with his body and starts walking towards the Palace.

"At least I had more space than what you gave me to sleep in ..." I mutter and then start to follow him.

We slept in a remote part of Hell, near the eternal flames, where I almost my whole physical being was chomped. I shudder at the memories of that day.

I could see the large palace in the distance it seemed quite far away since it seemed quite small from my view.

"Shouldn't we just fly?" I ask.

"No. We need to reassure." He responds.

Reassure? He probably meant reassure that the story worked and he has the approval of the citizens of Hell.

We walk through all the way to the nearby suburbs, where most of the population is concentrated. They seem to respect Jack, when they see him they seem to know their place and see him as authority, with slight respectful bows as acknowledgement.

But right after their signs of respect to Jack, they seem to glare at me, really aggressive looks. Which I have experience stares of curiosity, which is normal since I am the only Angel in Hell. But this time it's different, it seemed like people hated me. Like I was scum. Like I dirtied the system and the hierarchy.

 They already have an idea of Angel stereotypes, not to mention I am a servant which is even worse and additionally that story ...

I was expecting this in Heaven however I thought I would be totally fine in Hell, because I was the 'victim' I guess. Maybe the blame lies on the class system.

"We're going to fly to the Palace." Jack firmly tells me, and begins to launch into the sky.

"W-wait! Why do you have to be so sudden?!" I exclaim, then quickly do they same. 

We fly in a straight direction towards to the Palace, and Jack is going full turbo, I don't know if I can keep up with him. Then after a few minutes we land on the ground.

I am panting, and place my hands on my knees, working up a sweat.

"Sorry." He unexpectedly apologizes.

I stand up straight and tilt my head, "Hm? For what?"

"We could've thought of a better plan." Jack says.

The Palace guards open the grand door for him and he steps inside.

I do exactly the same, Jack must feel really guilty.

He rushes into the lounge room, and falls onto the sofa, he lays side ways and grabs the remote and opens up the projection to a channel. 

Or not.

Jack switches it to TMZ.

The reporter's pretentious  voice blasts through the whole room, "SCANDAL! Angel speaks out! Prince Jaspar is really the one who had an illicit relationship!" 

It cuts to show Jaspar, who seems what I expected him to look like when he grew up, his hair seems more tame and he has those unique blood red eyes.

Jaspar starts to talk, "That story is false, I am a true patriot of Hell. I work hard towards developing Hell and making it grow powerful and abundant in fortune. I do not have time for a relationship especially one with an Angel of all sorts." He finishes it off with a plastered smile.

Then it transitions to a bunch of reporters in the office. One starts of the discussion by saying, "So the original story was Prince Jack, the heir, used the position of the Angel as an excuse to do affectionate things."

Another reporter intervenes, "But the follow-up story is off a bit. How can Prince Jaspar hook up with the Angel servant if Prince Jack was not present when Prince Jaspar came back?"

One laughs, "But come on! If you spent an odd 30 years travelling the whole scape, you would want to hook up with any woman you get. Prince Jaspar's whole work ethic can be a front, he must have times of pleasure as well."

Jack abruptly turns off the broadcast and comments, "He built up a good image with the demons it would be hard to accuse him of such a thing."

"But some people aren't accusing you anymore. I'm glad." I respond.

"You're in the middle of it all ..." He says.

"I don't mind." I say, "Even though it didn't go according to plan and people still continue to favor Jaspar, at least your name is in the clear."

"That isn't the point." Jack tells me, getting frustrated.

Suddenly someone barges in with a tray of 3 teacups and places it on the table. She turns around, it's Jenx!

"You picked a great time to arrive, Jaspar is out trying to clear these accusations." She says, she grabs a teacup and the platter under it and sits herself in an armchair.

"We saw him live on TMZ." I say.

Jenx perks up, "I thought you were dead. How'd you do it?" 

"Umm ... somebody special took me back." I answer.

"You mean, Rapunzel?" She says, "She wrote to you to destroy the mother golden flower, right?"

I gulp, I didn't want this topic to come up. I still haven't told Jack.

"It makes sense because she knew you time traveled, then she would send a letter to be free from immortality." Jenx explains, "You were the one who cut off her mortal life that would be capable of keeping her immortal. Am I right?"

I look to the floor and nod. 

"Shuei told you the whole story ... huh ..." Jack mumbles. 

"Well it's kind of obvious who the culprit is." Jenx says, then sips on her tea.

"Shut up." He tells her, "If you're trying to hold Elsa responsible, just to stir the pot, then stop. Don't you dare point your fingers at her." His eyes almost went full black but then it held back after he takes a deep breath.

Jack stands up, "There's only one person responsible for this." He leaves the room calmly.

Jenx sighs and looks at the tea, "He didn't even drink his tea ... I even included snake poison."

Even more repulsed, I distance myself from the tea disguised as normal tea.

"The royalty line is reunited ... which means trouble." Jenx laughs nervously.

"But where is the Demon King? All that was mentioned were Princes and Princesses and I know there is no Queen since you have different mothers." I bring up.

"Father has disappeared for a long time, around 50 years ago." She tells me.

"Why is that?" I ask.

Jenx looks at me and smiles, then she shrugs.

"Why isn't Jack a King yet then?"

Jenx shakes her head while drinking the tea, "No, Father is still out there."

"But how can you be so sure? He hasn't shown up for 50 years."

"That's just what I believe," Jenx says, "However, since he hasn't shown up, Hell is in a difficult position. We must decide a definite leader, Jack was already decided to be 1st heir. But you can challenge that, only once. Since Hell is confused about who will act as King this 'challenge' will settle it, that's why Jaspar came back in such a tense time."

"Is that why you came back also? To challenge Jack." I question her.

Jenx shakes her head a wryly laughs, "Considering the deeds you must do, as the official ruler of Hell. I would never want to take up that sort of role."

A/N

Yo it's jelsa-cruiseship hittin ya with the 'tion' chapters.

Probably one of the longest chapters I've written in a while.