Tenebrae

It was pitch black, the only light came from the dust particles floating into this 'abyss'. 

"The entrance is a bit underwhelming ... but this is where the spirits of the disappeared Kings live for eternity." Jenx explains.

"Shouldn't their souls roam freely? This room is not fit for a King." I comment.

Jenx shakes her head, "The fallen King's watch over us, but it is important they are tethered to this room, so people don't use their souls."

Suddenly a flame lights up near a door. 

Surprised I point at the flame, "Did they just-"

Jenx eyes lit up, "The Kings invited us!"

I turn around and I see 8 apparitions, the dust formed their bodies. They looked like dubious vessels.

"They don't know they're Kings. A soul without a vessel has no memory. The only difference with normal souls and a soul of a king is that kings have a duty after they die." Jenx explains.

"To light candles?" I ask sarcastically.

We open door and it reveals several doors with lanterns on each of the doors. Only one is lit up at the very end.

Jenx walks to the very last door and opens it without hesitation. 

The room looked like the inside of a cell it was dim and the floor was hard and cold. A shadow tries to run up to me but is suddenly halted. 

"Lumino." Jenx says.

The face of the shadow is revealed ... Jaspar.

I tighten my face and glare at him, trying to produce energy.

Jenx shakes her head, "The Tenebrae Cells are enchanted as well, forbidding any energy/magic production." She looks over to Jaspar, "The prisoner also cannot touch another being and if he steps out of his cell, his soul will be automatically extracted from his vessel."

Jaspar glares at Jenx and yells, "Liar! The Tenebrae is just a myth, you just brought me to a random room just to trick me into not escaping!"

"Go ahead. Try." Jenx narrows her eyes and opens the door, "Leave. Leave and my whole 'queenship' will be official."

Jaspar bites his tongue, "You! I would've been on that throne if it weren't for you!"

"Exactly! That's why I intervened!" She rolls her eyes.

I continue glaring at Jaspar, "And you used Elsa as a means to get the throne."

Jenx nods, "How would Hell react if they found at that a possessed Angel, deserved to be Ruler more than you?"

Jaspar diverts his attention to me, "You don't seem so riled up. I mean- a part of her was me. I guess she was just a one-time crush."

I calm a bit then smirk at him, "No- but I love seeing you riled up. You're stuck here for all eternity until your vessel withers away."

He looks at me with frustration but he suppresses it because he doesn't want to ruin his pride.

"Anyway!" Jenx exclaims happily, "We're the first generation of royal blood to not have killed each other! Horay!"

"Give it a bit of time." Jaspar responds, "You may of defeated me in a duel but you haven't defeated Jack. Jack is still in the running."

I look over to him, "I don't care about the throne. I only cared about keeping you off it."

"You only care about the Angel don't you ..." He says then sits down in the corner of the cell, "Angels and Demons are a formula for chaos. Why did God separate us beings in the first place? Why are we taught to despise them? Because it's not healthy for us. It's toxic."

"Maybe it's toxic because of these social constructs." Jenx says.

"Those children are making you stupid," Jaspar replies, "Ancient texts say it all ..."

"What are you on about?" I push him for further explanation.

"The Head of The Angel Council uncovered these texts, he just wanted to wait for the right opportunity to enforce more laws to prevent the interaction between Angels and Demons. If he never found those texts North would've lived. But he chose to kill his brother." Jaspar explains.

"How do you know this?" Jenx asks confused

"You learn things when you travel." He answers, "Things are more than they seem."

"It makes it so much more harder ... should I keep my Angel from her suspicious father or keep her from me and wait for the chaos to unfold?" Jaspar says, trying to incite a reaction from me.

But my face stays blank.

"That Angel is not an Angel anymore. Her father's status won't matter because she will be disrespected constantly. She will be alienated from her own." He says.

Don't you dare tell me. I'm aware. Being a witness to her whole ordeal with the Angel Council was horrendous, no one looked at her like an Angel but trash.

"Your witches still haven't broken the curse, if I ever escape your angel is in jeopardy." Jaspar laughs to himself.

"Just like the curse, the curse on this place is powerful ancient magic which can only be undone by the witches who helped create this place. You are long gone. I'll make sure to visit every century to keep you from being lonely until your vessel rots." Jenx says with a forced smile.

Jaspar glares at her then it transitions into a smirk, "Witches don't like vanishing."

"Let's see if your optimism continues after a few centuries." Jenx wryly laughs, "You'll be tortured here in the most unconventional way possible. I would tell you but it would be more fun if you discovered yourself."

"I've had enough here." I say and brush past Jenx to the exit.

"Here." Jenx places a quill, ink and a notebook on the floor, "Since your stuck here, might as well force you to do something you've never done ... reflect."

Jaspar gives a smug smile and turns away from us.

"Let's gather more witches, he deserves worse than an empty cell." I tell her.

"It's enough," Jenx says, "Inside that cell is mental torture. He will not ever eat because he will feel full. Nightmares will visit him at dark making sleep not an option."

"He will never eat or sleep?" I repeat, "Are you mad? He will be insane and if he ever escapes-"

"No." She interrupts me, "He will never escape."

I look to the floor and turn away from her. Although I wanted something worse, it was not that cruel that it would turn that already evil being into an evil insane being. I never thought Jenx was that ruthless. 

But it's what he deserves ...? He's locked up in the Tenebrae anyway.

After leaving that wretched place I call upon the Prophet, Flynn Rider.

"Update the coronation guest list," I order him, "Add Elsa's betrothed, Hans."