Heart

Once I returned back to the cottage the old lady was waiting. Like she expected that I would leave.

"Uh- I'm sorry." I apologize, "I should've asked for your permission."

"Prince Jack?" The old lady asks, I peep up with widened eyes and then I nod.

"That boy has a fabricated life," She tells me, "Once he finds out his world will be in ruin."

"What are you talking about?" I ask, in total confusion.

The old lady reaches over for some reb blood tea and simply stirrs it and takes a sip.

"Best not to dig into it Angel," She warns me, "I can get a gist of who you are ... you are curious which is very dangerous. You are in Hell because of this."

"If you don't clarify things, I am afraid I will." I tell her firmly, "Not for me. But for Jack."

The lady laughs wryly, "It seems I can let off some steam once in a while."

I wait to hear the many stories of Jack, how he grew up. He never spoke about his past with me, I only relied on the records of the people surrounding him.

"Jack has many unhealthy relationships," She tells me, "No one has made any effort to connect with him. That's why he feels a desire to have someone important in life. He is a poor kid though, he has no one that can support him."

"... Is that why he was so arrogant when I first met him?" I ask.

"Jack was conditioned in a way where he must supress any emotions that may be considered as 'weak'. In order to be accepted by the people." She explains, "His arrogance was a result of survival, and since it proved effective with him not getting bullied, it has stuck with him."

Jack must've faced many struggles when he was young. Facing pressure, bullying and generally the feeling of disappointment and neglect.

"B-but Rapunzel was there for him?" I say, hoping for some gleam of light in his childhood.

"Rapunzel has always been busy. And was not to interfere with Jack's mindset as she was there for work. Rapunzel was simply a bystander." The old lady continues to explain.

I look to the floor, I always had this misconception that his bad attitude came from him being spoilt, having riches and being the successor to the throne. But I was wrong.

"That's enough for today," The old lady settles this, "Now go fetch me some ribs from the demon marketplace and then we'll talk about getting you back home."

I sigh and leave the cottage with a few gold coins to purchase ribs, they seem to be Jack's favorite too, traditional juicy ribs and he eats the bone too ... this must be a 'demon' thing.

I make it to the butcher but suddenly I am pushed away by this large group of adolescent demons who seemed hungry.

I thought I could take on this group of of petty teenagers but I realized I was still in the form of a child.

"What are you wearing?" One laughs, "Is this what they call 'cosplay'?"

"Please let me buy my ribs peacefully." I beg of them.

"Ribs are a delicacy here in Hell!" One exclaims, "You must be loaded if you are buying that!"

There seemed to be like 7 of them.

They all had grey-ish skin with sharp teeth like harpies, their eyes were wide and their hair was a black.

Drool was coming out of most of the group and they all seemed like they come from thelower class of demon with their brown ripped rags and skinny where you can see their bone bulge.

They all lean in as I am backed up into a small dark corner. Ready to rob me and probably murder me in the process.

"Hey!" I hear a squeaky voice trying to raise his tone.

They all turn around and through the gaps between them I can see  a small figure, which was Jack. His stance was in good posture and his fists were tightened.

"If it isn't our shitty prince!" One of them exclaims.

"What are you saying?!" I immediately fired back, "He will be a great king one day!"

"It's my qween!" Jack exclaims in joy, "I smelt something nice and you're here!"

You must've smelt the ribs in the butcher stall.

"Ain't this gross," A teen speaks, "I can't hurt you but since you're the weakest, I'm gonna kill you 'qween'."

They all laugh, as that particular teen imitates Jack. Mocking how weak he is and how he pronounces words.

They continue to verbally abuse him.

"Stop it!" I shout and they all look at me, "You'll regret what you've said about him. Because he is everything but what you just described him."

"Listen weird girl, we will kill ya. But for starter's why back up this weak little bastard who can't protect his strange looking queen," He continues to make fun of us, "I have no faith in this shitty hell anymore."

The adolescent has a wide grin on his face as he pulls my hair and suspends me in the hair from that. I squeal in absolute pain.

My cloth falls off.

"Let's keep her." One says, "She'll be a beauty when she's older."

"That's because she's an angel idiot!" Another yells at him, "But I agree we can make a whole lotta coins out of her."

"... Don't touch her." Jack says in his small quiet voice.

"Huh? What was that? Speak up weak pipsqueak!"

"Don't touch her!" He yells at full volume in complete rage.

"Like you can protect her. I can step on you and you would cry and run away!"

Suddenly his body starts generating and energy that I have seen before, the one where Jack was in control of the Captotrix.

They all stagger back and gasp.

His eyes turned full black and the large energy that he was generating released which then attacked all 7 of them.

They all had a shock when the energy penetrated their bodies, and after that they all just ...

... dropped dead.

---A/N---

Yes, jelsa-cruiseship has resurrected from the dead everyone!!!

Sorry for not updating FOR AGES. I am in my senior years and this year counts bad, I've been getting a lot of pressure and rn been adjusting to the huge workload. It's the school holidays here so I am trying to pre-write as much as possible.