Bleed

Jack POV

Blurry ...

I sit up, I feel the silk texture beneath my hands.

My eyes slowly awaken and I hear distant talking, "Your Majesty, The Prince is awake."

My vision is restored and scan the room, it's my room ... I haven't withered away. What is going on? What happened?

My sister enters the room with her default expression and sits of my bed side.

I start to speak, "What is go-"

"I am the Queen." She interrupts me and I am left speechless, "Jasp- I mean Elsa was about to give you the final blow, so I attacked Jaspar."

I give out a big exhale as I am left in disbelief, and I abruptly switch moods and turn to Jenx in urgency, "Where's Elsa? I want to see her now."

I start to get up but Jenx pushes me back down, "Woah demon ... you don't want to speak to her right now. She's in a mood, she's still lingering around the Plains."

I look away and it takes a moment for me to calm down, "So you kill him?"

Jenx pauses for a moment then speaks, "I was about to ... but Elsa stopped me."

"You wouldn't let her stop you." I respond.

She shrugs, "That angel is simultaneously kind and reckless ... she told me that his death would be pitiful."

Damn, there's truth to that.

"Her father will be at the Coronation." She informs me, "Since I am Queen, I can dismiss her. But I don't think Elsa would accept it if I told her to leave. So you must consider her returning to Heaven."

I rub my forehead.

"You know what- you should actually see Elsa." Jenx suggests, "Then you'll understand."

"Wait-" I attempt to halt her.

"We'll talk later. Meet me by the entrance after." She tells me.

I sigh and take a moment to collect my thoughts.

Human ...

How can I accept this? How can I accept being another being when I've been given such vague evidence? But it makes sense. My mother made sense. The biology of my vessel makes sense.

Why is it affecting how I perceive myself? Could I have been innately strong and naturally won the hearts of all the inhabitants of Hell?

I shake these questions off and compose myself.

I change my torn clothes. I pick out a simple trench coat and discarding my leather clothing. 

I look towards the mirror to see if I'm presentable, that I covered my wounds. But instead of that simple purpose, I end up staring too long in the mirror. Long enough to doubt who I am.

I leave in irritation. 

I fly over to the Plains. I identify another light. The light was dull and grey, gleaming right at me. 

Only Elsa radiates a white glow, so it was only natural that I questioned whether it was truly Elsa.

I land below to confirm my beliefs and she looks to me in surprise then proceeds to force her smile.

"How are you Jack?" She asks with a tired but soft voice.

I look at her up and down, "You're kidding me right? You were possessed then! That piece of shit used you!"