Soul Selling

"You can't return to the present because if you do, you will simply not exist."

I sit back down again but this time in total confusion.

With her pale wrinkled finger and her overgrown nails she points to something right above me, "You're child soul, it's been taken."

I look above me and I see nothing, of course, I cannot see it with a naked eye.

"If you return with your child soul being lost, then you will not exist." She explains, "No past angel. No present angel. It's simple."

I dive my face into my hands, "Ugh! How can I be so daft! My child soul had to go somewhere!"

The witch taps on my arm, and I peer up and she hands me a pair of optical frames.

"These glasses are enchanted with the fourth eye, so you may see some intimidating things. But you can find your soul with this." She offers and I gently place them on my eyes.

"I can't save you this time so be vigilant," She warns me and runs her hand through her thick puffy hair, "I have tutoring work with the Princess."

I nod and she grabs her bag and leaves again, her working hours are seriously vigorous.

Where should I start?

Hmm ... Maybe the place that sells ribs.

I make it to the rib place and I check the dusty alley and I could see nothing but the black burns on the floor and walls. This is not a good place to stick around, those teenagers may have friends.

I scatter quickly and trace my steps, they may have put my soul on that market. Oh no.

I know how demons are with selling and buying souls. I should walk around DeBay the place where they sell so many scams and souls. But I have to be extremely cautious especially in my measly child body of my nearly 60 year old self.

I walk through but this time on the walls, as I am short black charcoal dust would fling into my eyes making me cough heavily. I take a good look at the souls on market, how can I enquire without looking like a meal of sorts?

I approach the stall without being seen and I see an array of souls, they all look like a single flame. I can hear the souls whispering and pleading for help.

The eternal flames are like this but the souls are tortured, from other flames coming into contact with their own soul. Apparently it is the most painful thing ever, so excruciating that their own individual scream can be heard across Hell.

Which I can hear plenty. But believe it or not, I have gotten use to them.

The flame had it's own label under them, and was contained in a jar that was ventilated but very secure.

I look up and see the intimidating store person his teeth protruded and his eyes were bulging.

"Excuse me sir," I get his attention, "Where do you get these souls?"

"I collect 'em." He tells me.

"So you steal them?" I ask.

"Listen girl," He says in a creepy soft spoken voice, "I steal 'em alright. So does a lot of Soul Dealers, but they invite us. 'Em worshippers of our current king, they think they be getting a better life by offering they soul. They call, we offer our services."

"So these souls aren't a scam?" I ask, suprised.

The dealer gasps, "Souls are a big thing in Hell! They gotta be authentic! We demon folk we know what real and what ain't."

"Isn't stealing a soul against the rules?"

"Hell yeah it is," He answers, "Only if we do it without consent or they don't summon us. But the illegal ones give us more gold."

... This big crime thing in Hell, no one can get caught because the illegal souls get sold quickly. That means my soul could be sold!

"Sorry, but have you seen anyone selling an angel child's soul?" I ask.

A grin grows on his face and he puts on some glasses and squints at me, "You're an angel! And you still got a soul!"

He suddenly throws a net onto me and he drags me into his stall, I squirm and try to escape.

"Stop right there!" I hear a woman shout and a force of lightning hits the dealer which pushes him to a wall.

She removes the net off me, and carries me behind her back.

"You are now disqualified from dealing. I will be confiscating all these souls and you are forbidden to run this business." She tells him sternly.

He stands up and sloppily approaches, "Who do ya think you are?"

"A prophet of God." She says to him and my eyes grow in shock, I look up to see long blonde silky hair and emerald green eyes.

Rapunzel!