Return and Arrival

Jack POV

... After Flynn explained the whole story behind this situation. My body did not know how to react, it was trembling in a mixture of trauma, anger and sadness.

Rapunzel, who was like a mother ... a real sister... some sort of guidance, does not exist anymore? And the last time we saw each other was when she left after we thought.

I called her a damn mail girl, but I didn't mean that it meant so much more. My upper body feel heavy and my legs feel weak and I collapse to the floor. Sudden memories of my childhood float suddenly flow into my mind ...

The memory, when I was child ...

"Punzie! Don't lweave me! Don't lweave me with these people! They hate me ..." I said tugging on her clothing, hugging her leg.

She smiled to me warmly, "I knew you would say that ... here." Rapunzel said and suspends a toy above my head.

I grab it and examine it.

"They call it a teddy bear in the mortal world," Rapunzel explains, "So whenever you're not here ... whenever you feel lonely ... you have a friend."

"Fwiend? Mowtal world?" I inquired.

"Your mother's place, was in Earth. I went exploring and I discovered this bear."

"But ... people say that my mama is a bad pewson. So this bwear can be evil too!" I respond, and throw the teddy bear away.

Rapunzel calmly picked up the bear and gently offered it to me again saying, "Just because something was brought up in a bad place, doesn't mean it's completely rotten ... touch it."

I grasp the bear and feel the fur against my palm, as I pat it.

"See? It's actually really soft ..."

I embraced the bear tightly, "Bear is my best fwiend now!"

I feel a grip on my back, suddenly the memories stop flooding in and I am caught into reality. 

"Jack." Shuei calls me, "Are you fine?"

I grip the floor then launch myself to stand up and I spoke, "Yes. I'm fine. I need to go back to Hell, finish things with Jaspar. I will kill him this time."

"Woah!" Shuei explains, holding me back, "I thought you were going to get Elsa."

I shake my head, "My brother is present here, with clear intentions. He's after me, and he will make sure that everyone with a connection with me will struggle and put them through pain. I can't jeopardize Elsa's safety like that, she's safe in the past."

"But she can't stay in the past!" Shuei argues, "Elsa can disrupt the future, it''s vital we bring her back before she causes anymore damage."

"How?!" I emotionally yell at him, "How can we possibly get her back?! We have a Prophet who doesn't even know how to teleport himself outside this tower!"

I look over to Flynn, and he seems distraught sitting down on the dinner table. Touching the wood on the dinner table, I get attacked with another hit of sadness.

"I know why you don't want to save Elsa ..." Shuei says and I look to him and my eyes narrow.

"You're afraid that you won't be able to find her, concluding that she died in that powerful magic source." He says, "You don't want to know that she is dead. After all, Jenx said that it was a small percentage she landed in a Gap world."

I tighten my fists and look down to the floor, I can't think clearly everything in my mind is a blur. I don't know what to do now. I was filled with optimism, I could finally see Rapunzel and Elsa ... but no, this is reality.

I am fighting constant emotions.

I hear the chair screech, I look over to see Flynn approaching me.

"You shouldn't grieve about Rapunzel," He suggests, "You played a massive part in Rapunzel's happiness, so did I ... I loved her as much as I could. Her life was long and full of joy, so don't fret Jack. One of Rapunzel's beliefs were that mortals live greater lives than immortals." 

My expression softens, some weight lifts off my shoulders. As he reminded who Rapunzel truly is a person.

I look at the memories I spent with her, as the ones I treasure rather than the ones that were leaving and breaking.

My mind clarifies now ... and I could think deeply of what course of action that I must take next.

Suddenly, an intense light, blinds me and everyone in the room blocks their vision. Something bursts through the tower window, knocking out several furniture pieces from what I can hear. 

I move my hands away from my eyes, and the light is suddenly gone. 

My eyes follow the course of destruction and who I see at the end of it, made me tremble. I wasn't in a state of shock I was in a state of paralysis.

My eyes widen, my fists loosen and my mouth slight drops and I lean in to see a closer look.

The body sits up and meekly smiles, does a dorky wave at us.

"Umm- hi? How has everyone been?" She greets us awkwardly.

Elsa ...!