Forebode

What in heavens was that?

He used the highest form of affection on me, and just on time Jaspar arrives to begin the battle. With that it was followed by an apology? What for?

Dark smoke surrounded the entirety of Hell, they almost looked like clouds, but was a sheet of Jaspar's smoke. It forms a tornado into the middle of the plain land of Hell, near the eternal flames.

Further proving that I continue to be the useless Angel I am by finding out what Jaspar plans to do to Jack, of course to become King, but his dirty tactics.

Maybe if Jaspar had the best interests of the entire universe, and believed in maintaining peace, I wouldn't of cared one bit.

But that's not reality.

Reality is that once something good happens, something bad must follow.

I tug on Jack's clothing, and he turns back to look at me.

"Please don't fight till the death. Please yield if you can't take it anymore." I tell him.

A smirk forms on his face, and he lifts my chin up, "You act as if I will be in a position to yield."

"Just ... remember that." I say worryingly.

Jack jolts his hand away from me, like he just remembered something, "Stay here. Please." He orders me adamantly.

I really wanted to break that order, but now it's kind of sunk into me that I'm a hindrance despite my determination.

"O-okay." I say with a forced smile, "Make sure to come back."

Jack looks down sadly for a brief moment, then gives me a single nod, he heads off stomping to the gates.

If he falls victim, it's all my fault. I didn't even help him. All I found out was a demon named Dalaris Overland and her history.

Wait ...

Jenx appears before me, "Let's just hope this is over quickly." She mutters.

"Jenx!" I address her with urgency, "Did Dalaris Overland have any children or anyone close to her?"

Jenx taps her chin, "No she was a loner apparently. According to sources she would be in the slums a lot."

That would mean ... Dalaris could've been Jaspar's mother?

"Do you think that she retreated to the slums to raise a kid of some sort?" I ask.

"Wait- are you suggesting?" Jenx lit up, "That does make sense. Then Jaspar was an orphan through Dalaris possibly being executed for switching between lands."

"Jaspar could just be half human!" I exclaim, "Maybe that's why he isn't as physically strong as Jack! Because he's half human."

"Yes, Dalaris could've been impregnated by her clients or her husband." Jenx says, "It's strange to me why Jaspar would dig into something like that."

"Yes, very strange."

___________________________

Jack POV

I land in front of the large grey tornado forming in front of me.

"Stop with the theatrics, Jaspar." I roll my eyes and say.

The tornado shrinks forming his figure and I see him. The person I've been eager to hunt down, the person behind it all, just for a bloody crown.

"Good to see my brother!" He 'greets' me, "I missed you, it's been a couple of years, but now ..."

"Now? Now you're obsession with the crown will end." I firmly say.

Jaspar forces a smile, "I hate talking to you."

"Then let's begin."

I thrust a large amount of dark energy at him, but then he disperses into his smoke form.

"I tried perfecting the 'dark form' you use. But this 'Art of the Smoke' I discovered, is so much better than your style." Jaspar laughs.

"Too bad you're poisonous gas only gets me high." I reply.

The dispersed smoke turns into a collective smoke and approaches me, ready to attack.

My energy comes out of my hands and forms a tight ball, trapping the gas, it caves in on the gas, suffocating it.

I control the ball created and I collide it into the ground harshly multiple times.

Although Jaspar may be in his smoke form, he can still feel the pain.

I let my energy disappear, revealing normal Jaspar on the floor, looking exhausted.

"Already?" I mock him.

I blast a huge amount of the purple black energy at him, and he gets pushed back.

"This is why I wasn't worried about this duel." I raise my voice so he can hear me while he's on the floor, "Because I will always win against you."

I use my dark energy to surround him, then I lift him up, to then drop him.

"You forgot." I say while walking towards him, while he's weak on the ground, unable to move.

"No matter if you kill Rapunzel. Or bring in your troops. Or if you're on some steroids. I will always win." I reiterate, and look at his body, covered in debris, too weak to even fight.

He mumbles with all his remaining energy, "How about an angel?"

_________________________________________

A/N

Back from my hiatus :)), I'm very excited for you to read the next couple of chapters. Vol. 5 has been a long one. Vol. 6 will probably be the chapters I have been most excited to write, literally since the planning of The Fallen Angel, I always wanted to start writing Vol. 6. But ya girl has to be patient. Because Vol. 6 is about to get REAL.

I think I said I was going to finish the whole book last year, but school was a real obstacle. But I think I'll definitely finish the WHOLE thing this year.

Thanks to all the readers! Cheers to 2019!