Guilt

Jenx's pure black eyes were glaring at Jaspar, who was completely caught of guard. 

Jenx forms a shape with her dark cosmic energy, moulding a hand with her power, in which she chokes Jaspar and pulls him into the air.

Jaspar struggles and squirms to try to pry himself out of the grip of the hand. The hand starts to sink into his neck and the amount of pain he feels increases.

"Yield." Jenx says assertively however she wears an aggressive expression.

Jaspar struggling to get the words out, "Never. You sneak attacked me, that's not a duel."

"You are pathetic as you are dumb," Jenx says, "You brought Elsa into this when you are suppose to settle it between two god damn people! So don't catch me out for fighting dirty."

Jaspar is struggling and choking like crazy, trying to remove the hands but he can't even grasp it.

"Both of us know, that I will kill you." She reminds him, "Now yield."

He shakes his head, and the grip becomes tighter and his body starts going blue. Jenx drops him on the floor and she walks to him.

As Jaspar's vessel is depleting, I gain control the more he struggles and loses power.

"Goodbye brother." Jenx says as she forms an arrow in her.

I run and grip Jenx's hand before she can do anything.

"Don't." I tell her.

Jenx looks at me in irritation, "Don't try to stop me if it's based on your 'morals'."

"You should just lock him in a cell until he yields. He won't be able to do anything then, he'll have no choice," I explain to her, "It's just that .. death seems too pitiful for him."

Her eyes are restored to her normal golden eyes as she takes a moment to think, then she nods.

Jenx then orders guards to take him away. There are only a few prison cells in the palace, but they are enchanted by witches to nullify a demon's ability.

I rush to Jack to tend to him, he seems to be just barely holding on. 

... This is all my fault. If I wasn't any idiot, if I just listened to them and not act so recklessly. This would've been all avoided. Jack would've won. 

Healers give Jack a potion to help him survive, and I don't even want to look at his face.

Jenx grips my shoulder, "You will mature Elsa. These painful experiences is what helps you grow into a strong person."

I shake my head, "But it's not right. So many people gave me warnings and tried to stop me, but I didn't listen, and this is the result."

"And now ... you will value what others have to say." She says, "Don't feel so guilty. Because you can't do anything about it."

I look down.

"So you'll be Queen?" I ask.

"I can't do anything unless I kill Jaspar or he yields. I don't think either of those will happen anytime soon. The Royal Advisor said that I'll be the 'acting ruler' of Hell, I'll even be crowned." She explains.

"Do you even want the position?"

"I used to want it so bad as I child. I always thought Jack was definitely going to be King, and we couldn't do anything about it. But now that I am ruler, it seems so surreal, like I want to make a real change." She answers, "But it still doesn't seem right. I don't belong here."

"So you have mixed feelings about it. That's understandable." I say, "So what now?"

"Rest. The coronation is tomorrow." She says, "The officials of Heaven had been sent an invitation. So you may see your father."

I meekly smile.

"And you may be able to go home." Jenx adds.

I flutter my eyes a few times, "Home?"

"That is, if Jack agrees." Jenx says then suddenly goes from being beside me to in front of me, where she places her other hand on my shoulder, "Be smart Elsa. The only way you overcome this 'guilt' is if you learn."

I jerk both of her hands off my shoulders, "Who wanted to keep my innocence? You did."

Jenx wryly laughs, "Yes. I warned you. But you didn't listen, now look at you. You're an emotional wreck ... because you couldn't keep the one thing I told you to." 

I feel even more sad for a moment then they transformed into feelings of anger, I tighten my fists and say, "Did you plot this the whole time? You probably knew about Jaspar's plan and you even lied to me about Dalaris ... you play me as an idiot?!"

Jenx nods amused by my words, "You're an idiot alright. So for once listen to someone."

I narrow my eyes, blinded by intense emotions.

"Someone so self-centered should not be Ruler of Hell." I say.

Jenx stagger back and her eyes convey her irritation towards me, "Self-centered? I don't want to be told that by the brat of Heaven. People care for you and you don't even realize that!" She shouts at me, "If I wasn't there, Jaspar would be crowned and you'll be drowning in complete sorrow because you murdered your lover."

My anger fades but I drown in even more guilt then previously.

"... So show your gratitude ... I am the Queen." She states as she regains her posture to walk away.

I stare at Jack who is being carried back to the Palace. 

But I remain here. In solitude.

How could I say something like that? Was it the thought of returning home that made me lash out at Jenx? 

... Or was I just trying to share this guilt?