Golden Strings

Flynn POV

The water rushes through my ears and seeping into the openings of my body. I crash into the rocks multiple times grazing onto my body.

My face rises above the surface, but the water takes a hold of me. Not letting me escape it's clutches.

... I guess this is how, how I'm going to pay for my sins. 

Goodbye life, I don't have anything to miss. And nothing will miss me. 

When I think about it, my life was just a nuisance, it held no meaning...

 But a golden shimmer, a string hauling me out of the raging river, the immense strength it seemed like it resembled a god's hand. It was wrapped around my wrist and my closed eyes gradually opened.

The reflection and distorted view from under water showed the sun shining bright with a figure in front of it.

I get dragged onto the surface, to look above and see the figure slowly drift away, I reach out with my trembling hand and weakly call to it, "D-don't go."

The figure returns to me and as it approaches me the light shone on her face, the sunset highlighting her features.

Her large emerald eyes, olive complexion, her glimmering golden hair ... her hair were the strings of God.

"Hey," The girl says, "Are you okay?"

I cough out water, and try to regain posture.

"You-" I address her.

"Maybe, you should stop stealing things," She suggests, "Your criminal reputation will lead you into troublesome situations, you could've died from those thugs chasing you before."

"That's okay ..." I respond, with a broken voice. It's okay, because I wouldn't of met you.

"It's not okay! Your life is very valuable !" She exclaims grabbing my collaring and shaking me around.

My eyes widen, I cannot let her go ... she can't leave me.

She gently puts me down and gives me a bright smile, I felt like I finally felt the sun rays. I felt the warmth of life, I wasn't allured by her appearance rather her presence it was powerful.

Thinking that a something god-like laid within her.

"You can't leave me here- they'll find me." I speak out to her, she smiles and closes her eyes nodding.

"I took care of them, so don't worry." She assures me with a radiant grin.

She continues to walk off in the distance, don't go. Don't go.

"Stay!" I call out to her, with my remaining energy, "Don't ... go."

"Sorry," She apologizes, "I have duties and obligation that I cannot abandon."

"Then ...! When you are free of them, come see me!" I suggest then yell, "I am Flynn Rider!"

The girl tilts her head then chuckles, "Okay, I will. My name is Rapunzel."

Rapunzel ... Rapunzel. I don't think I will ever forget that, the name that brought meaning into my own, someone who immediately put me under their spell, how is all that humanly possible ... questions that cannot be answered.

"Goodbye," Rapunzel farewells me, "Eugene."

My eyes alarmed my senses crazed, the questions that cannot be answered can now be answered.

... the only answer that she needs is that she is simply, not human. But that didn't matter, when you are simply allured no barrier could stop me from feeling my attraction towards her.