Final Moment

"Ah!" Jenx responds to Flynn, "It's the most spiritually powerful place in the mortal world!"

"Makes sense," Jack replies, "They are mortals after all, performing a ritual like that with no spiritual reinforcement will be a joke."

"How can they be so powerful? They are just rocks?" I ask, tilting my head to the side.

"Well the folklore is correct. Each stone represent different spiritual powers, such as light and dark and all powers in between." Jenx explains, "Back in the days, if a mortal wanted to do something that went beyond the mortal worlds it would require an angel's feather. If an angel gave a feather to any type of being, angels are giving permission to them to use spiritual tools. Such as portals for mortals and common peasant demons and plenty of other things."

"That's why many people see my feathers as valuable!" I say.

Jenx nods, "Since the god up above saw angel's as reliable and pure. And now if they wish upon the angel feather, wishing to diminish all dark spirits, it will work."

"So if I have an angel feather, I have unlimited access to so many things!" Flynn smiles giddily.

Jack puts his whole palm onto his face and pushes Flynn onto his back, "You won't once you're set loose, I'll be taking back the part of my soul you stole. You also don't have a spiritual eye, so you won't be able to see us anymore." Jack says coldly.

Flynn gasps and looks down, upset.

"Sorry Flynn." I apologize to him, "But it would mean a lot, as the last thing you would do before losing your vision of us, is that you would assist us. You know ... finish on a good note by doing a good deed."

Jack laughs, "What could this worthless human help us with?"

"Hey!" I scold Jack, "Humans can do a lot of things. They value themselves more."

"I-I guess I'll help." Flynn mutters.

"Thank you Flynn." I smile at him.

I walk away, I feel optimistic. This could work out if we stop them in time we could potentially return home.

Jack stands beside me.

"You shouldn't look down on humans. I mean angels are enough so..." I tell him.

"I don't look down on all angels. But you." He remarks.

"Suuuure."

"There was one angel, who I saw into the distance watching me as a child. And she did remind me of the light." He opens up to me, "So no, I do not look down on all angels."

"Is that part of the reason you wanted an angel servant?" I ask, curious.

"U-uh no..." He says and looks away, "We should get going soon..." Then he walks away flustered.

Jenx joins me and makes me take a seat with her.

"Listen Elsa, I am giving you the individual work you deserve. I entrust this task of stopping them to you, you're not worthless." She tells me softly, "Now it's all on you."

I nod and I say, "I will make sure they won't do anything to you."

Jenx responds with a sincere smile.

Jenx holds my hand tightly and I follow her to the globe where everyone is gathered. Jenx explained the plan and we suddenly transported into the forest.

I was all light headed but it didn't matter.

With the stones stands four of the so called 'pilgrims', as they chant away in an old language used by mortals to contact the above. They were all dressed up with brown robes and the hood that covered their faces. It seems like there was already a forcefield around them.

"Oh shit!" Jenx exclaims, "They are already half way through the ritual, ugh, it doesn't matter. Flynn go quickly distract them."

Jack pushes Flynn harshly the rocks.

"Um boys can you stop that creepy chanting?" He asks them, "It really is quite loud. I think you're disturbing the neighbours."

They continued on ignoring Flynn. After that Flynn bolted, Jack was going to go after him but I gripped Jack's shoulder, holding him back.

"What now?" I ask Jenx.

"We're doomed." Jenx says, "Goodbye Elsa." She painfully smiles.

"No!" I yell, "This is not right! There is always a way!"

"If I monitored them closely, I would've known they created an impenetrable forcefield." Jenx says in an extremely depressed voice.

"There will be one time when the forcefield is down. But that's in five seconds at the end of ritual. That's too short of a time to do anything." Jack says.

I grab Jack's hand and squeeze it tightly, "You can't go!" I shout.

Jack's eyes widen and he suddenly wraps his arms around me, he keeps on holding me tight. He doesn't intend to let go.

"Then let these final moments be me embracing you." He whispers in my ear.

I feel a tear running down my cheek. I don't want anything to go away like this. The memories I had, want them to live on with the people I experienced it with.

I gently removed Jack's arms away from me. And I looked at the stones. They seem to be conjuring a force in the middle.

I look back to Jack. "Don't say it'll be your final moment. Because it'll make me do something stupid."

I run up the forcefield and behind me I can hear Jack yelling out my name.

"Elsa! Don't!" He yells.

The forcefield was lowered and I gained access into the middle in those five seconds. And I ran into the middle before the finale, ruining their plans. They looked at me with wide eyes.

... Jack that won't be your final moment it'll be mine.

A/N

Hey everybody how you doing. I am on school holidays now, hallelujah 🙌, well not really, I can't wait for school.

That was not sarcasm. I cannot trust even a weekend by myself for the whole day, I do crazy ass shit and think about depressing things in life, which is not healthy. So I cannot wait to see a friend, so they can remind me of my humanity. Plus I am eating more. Plus I am emotionally attached to Mystic Messenger. Help.