Captotrix

He starts leaning in and I panic, what is wrong with him? Why is he doing this?

He is getting closer and...

I land a punch in the Prince's stomach ... why ... it probably was my panic system, which is strangely violent.

He yells in agony and drops to the floor. Oh my, I am dead once he recovers. "S-sorry Prince!" I panic, "But you had me worried! Leaning towards me like that did things to me!" My cheeks flushed with red.

He looks up amd smirks, "What things...?"

"I don't know it made me nervous and that... You suprised me." I say.

"Want another chance?" He suggests clicking his tongue.

My expression suddenly turns into a distasteful one and I jerk back a bit, "Why are you acting all different? This is not you at all." I say.

I don't believe it... Something weird is happening.

"Huh? What are you on about? I am me." He says standing tall and pointing to himself.

"Don't worry, it's probably just me being all silly again." I tell him and grin.

I will definitely get to the bottom of this.

"I'll go clean the... library." I tell him and dash to the library.

The Prince has been casually strange but now I can see such a distinct change in his behavior. I don't understand why he is like this.

... Hold on, maybe this is what Rapunzel was warning me about. The danger she was talking about was
...
Jack Blaze.

I run out of the library and enter the lab, that's one of the places Rapunzel hung out a lot and where I saw The Prince taking medication, for something.

I thoroughly search the place, looking under the benches, ingredients and I come across a cabinet with all of Rapunzel's works.

Most of her works involved sketches of herbs & plants & their properties, but what caught my eye was this fat royal blue book at the very bottom of the drawer, called Divus Umbra Medicina. Which contains common to rare sicknesses or diseases in the spiritual world and the treatment.

A bookmark stuck out of the book and I open the page. Across the top of the page it had Captotrix.

Captotrix
A rare entity that latches onto the spiritual being, usually a demon and stripping off the light inside gradually through their emptiness. It cannot be removed or be seen because it is within the spirit. Captotrix then releases the consumed light into the mortal world.
God made these entities to bring balance into mortal worlds but they failed, most of the Captotrix's were destroyed but few linger around.

Victims of this will experience change in behavior, such as: destroying things, unfiltered statements and actions, increased sexual behavior...

I jump up, oh my... Is that the explanation for what happened earlier? Sexual behavior?!

... And a desire to possess everything.
As this progresses the victim will want to destroy everything and think nothing but bad. There is treatment but it can only delay this. There is no known treatment to obliterate the Captotrix.

What?! The medication The Prince was taking was the meds to delay it. When The Prince said he became all destructive from drinking 'alcohol' was a lie. When the whole place became a mess when I was absent was a lie. This is what Rapunzel was warning me about!

Attached to the back of the page was a piece of paper, with notes from Rapunzel.

- Captotrix, Jack, Mission to Nox, World 1649.
- Visit the earliest of herbalist
Information obtained:

Nothing... There's no hope for Jack. Rapunzel specialises with this stuff yet she found nothing.

... I have to try! I need to save him! I need to save the worlds.

I hold the book upright and a small note slips out of a page I pick it up and it says:

'Find Jenx'

Is this related? I compare it to the other piece of the paper that Rapunzel made, I look carefully at the strokes and the specific handwriting, the discoloration of the ink. I came to a conclusion that the note with 'Find Jenx' written on it, must've been made not too long ago.

Maybe Rapunzel's departure was meant to be a private mission for her searching for Jenx. I always sort of felt that she wouldn't just leave because Jack because he didn't listen to her, she put up with Jack for a long time.

Right now everything is like a curvy line. But at least I have a line.

I must find this 'Jenx'.

I left the lab and I wondered who I can ask about 'Jenx' about, is it okay to ask Jack?

Jack is obviously sick, but his knowledge is vast. He might just tell me.

"Elsa!" He calls me from downstairs, and I rush to him.

"Yes?" I ask acting all goody-two-shoes.

"What were you doing upstairs for so long? That place barely needs cleaning." He says.

"I wanted to thoroughly clean it." I respond.

"Such a good slave-" The Prince praises me but I twitch angrily, ugh that term again...

"I was lonely you know-" He slurs, "I wanted to play."

"... I don't know how I should respond to that." I say while my expression sinks down.

"You agree. Because you're submissive. You're a masochist." He laughs.

...

"No, I am normal." I say trying to keep composed, "Say, Prince, do you know who Jenx is?" I ask.

The Prince tilts his head like a puppy, "Why would you like to know?" He asks.

... So he does know who she/he is.

"You know, I'm curious. I want to be able to share the knowledge you have." I say to him.

"You're so boring Elsa, why don't we do attempt 2 without you resorting to your violent ways? This time I will hold you down properly, so you won't budge." The Prince says.

... He seems kind of harmless in this state, only to me, where I need to protect my purity with all I've got.
But he with time given he will soon turn into a chaotic ruler. This flirty, sexual beast is just a stage right?

"... No thanks Prince. But I'd really like to know who Jenx is." I tell him.

He wryly laughs then nods and looks at me, "Blergh, fine. Jenx is my sister."

A/N

Plot Twist: I am the real demon, ok.

Yeah I left you on a cliffhanger last chaptaaa, and you probably hated it and suffocating on yo feels and anticipated for a damn update. I expected to update earlier but anyway, cliffhangers are supposed to do that okay!!! Don't assume all the time okay, anticipate.

Alrighty, so I made ANOTHER BOOK. So it's basically my HQ where I write random things, story ideas, extras, tags. I wrote an extra chapter on 'The Fallen Angel' it has some hints on what will happen next, glossary, where I got that idea from etc. It is called 'DELIGHTFUL DATA' with one of my bæ's, Tæhyung.

And thank you for reading my short fanfic! WINTER WONDERLAND has recieved a lot of love 😊 and tears 😭