Learning Love

The Story of Jenx

I lived in a strict lifestyle. I would wish that one day I can break away from here and finally become the free woman I would be, I would travel the worlds.

I, Jenx Blaze. Promise myself freedom.

I had 9 other siblings, all had a different mother, but we had the same father, who is the King of Hell.

I never treated my siblings as lovingly as I hoped I would, I was raised knowing that living here would be a constant competition. As only 3 of the best daughters/sons would be the only ones to qualify as the official Princesses/Princes, the rest of my siblings would be sent to their mother or in some cases, rejected by their mother. And 1 out of the 3 would become the ruler of Hell.

I was the one who made it to the top 3, I used my intellectual abilities and I sucked up a lot. But frustration burst within me knowing I could never rule Hell, my father was bias against the one child.

And that child was, Jack. Gifted with pure power since birth. His mother invested a lot to make sure he would be the next to take the throne. She killed herself after laying him so he can inherit her special powers. It is unknown who his mother was but it speculated she carried a very rare and powerful gene.

He always thought of himself as superior, and treated me like a peasant. They have reserved him as a permanent Prince and the future ruler. While all of the other siblings were fighting it out for a spot he would sit there and laugh.

"Kiss my shoe, sister." He would tell me in a bratty voice.

"No way!" I would shout back.

"If you don't, I will pass a message to father that you talked to a common demon." Jack laughed evilly.

After all of that, I still refused to submit. But Jack didn't tell father, he was too much of a coward, scared he would waste his father's time.

So the 3 children who made it was me, Jack and another brother of mine. He was the embodiment of hatred, jealousy and revenge so of course he caught my father's attention. He made it to the top by threats, cheating and what I suspect as murder.

He carried all of his negative emotions because of Jack. He knew no matter how much he impressed father, he would never become the ruler of Hell since he was claimed weaker than Jack.

Even now, he is attempting to match Jack's power and one day challenge him.

Don't ask me where he is, just be glad he isn't near any of us.

I was arrogant and selfish, I wanted everything. I looked down on plenty of people and accepting the way things were.

Until I realised everything I accepted were things that I shouldn't of. I was walking around Hell, and I bumped into a familiar looking girl. She was dirty and wore rags.

She was my sister... She quickly looked up and then ran away.  I realised if I wasn't gifted with being smart, I could've been like her. Afterall, I don't know what type of demon my mother is.

I remember looking at her, my sister who was longing to return to her normal household. And I ridiculed her, so focused on becoming one of the best.

But someone who really impacted my thoughts, was an angel whose name was North Snow. He was old, but he sparked curiosity in me.

After bumping into my sister, I wanted to find my mother. I wanted to see if she would abandon me or not. And have an idea of what she is.

My servant told me where she was located and I visited her. I entered her common home.

As I entered without knocking, I saw a middle aged demon sitting at a wooden table, she had long black hair and she looked like me a bit. But with wrinkles.

"Who are you?" She asked me.

My eyes blinked a few times in response to that, "Useless demon! Don't you recognise me?! I'm your daughter!" I shout at her.

She didn't seem fazed after I shouted at her, but says in a calm voice, "I see so you've made it to the imperial chain of 3."

"Yes, I have." I respond, calming down.

"You must be very happy." She giggles.

"You're the one that should be happy! I gave honor to your name." I yell.

"Not particularly, that stuff doesn't really matter to me." She responds in a sweet voice.

I get irritated, "Why not?!"

"Status isn't everything. Status isn't a good enough reason to be happy. You will soon realise it." She tells me, "I have a visitor coming in a few minutes, do you want to meet him?"

I cross my arms, "Fine since I have nothing else to do."

The first thing I saw emerge when that door opened was light, that's when my life finally had some light.

When I found out he was an angel I was angry.

"What are you doing with an angel here?! Get out of here pesk!" I shout at him.

"I mean no harm." He tells me calmly, "I am North Snow."

He sits down. I pretend to ignore him talking to my mother. But I heard him talk about stories about the other worlds and beyond. I thought... It must be fun. More fun than being locked up in this place.

I asked him plenty of questions after,

"I was told my father loves me, so I can't leave him." I tell North.

"Does your father give you affection, does he tell you he loves you?" North asks.

I shake my head.

"Love is an experience. Not a statement." He tells me, "Love is something that turns you into a better person."

"That's weird..." I mutter. I was a child in front of North, it was like I was learning a different culture.

He patted me on the back and tells me, "You're a good child." Once he gave me praise I experienced a new feeling, like I felt a connection of family.

But one day, North and my mother were sentenced to torture in the eternal flames. For being with each other and conducted strange experiments.

I never got to see North after that. But my mother was leaving the house and I tugged on her clothes to stop her from leaving.

"One last thing. If I came back home for not being the best... Would you have rejected me coming back home?" I ask her, in desperation.

She takes me hand off her clothes gently and warmly smiles at me, "If I had a choice, I would've kept you from the very start."

Then she was dragged away by guards. I felt something wet on my cheek. It was a tear. I was taught it was a symbol of weakness, but now I saw it as a symbol of emotion.

I took over their many experiments. Taking care of the orphan eggs. Then I ran away and left some clues if someone was desperate to find me.