Learning

Learning isn't something I'm good at. Particularly, when it comes to matters of others and myself. I'm not an angel. I don't think straight.
I am just Elsa.
I return to the palace disheartened and absorbed in self-reflection, trying to avoid Jenx, because she's right. I didn't want her to spit anymore truths because I will fall deeper into this despondent state.
"He's gone Elsa." Jack tells me, "He's rotting in some hole."
I nod my head. "That's assuring."
"He violated you and that's all you say? You know, you're not thinking straight."
"At least I'm thinking for once," I say, "If I actually thought than I wouldn't of been here."
Jack rubs his forehead. "You're very irritating when you're like that."
"What do you want the naive bimbo version that I innately am?"
"No." He looks at me in frustration, "I want the normal Elsa."
"The normal Elsa? Pfft. The normal Elsa caused all of this!" I shout, "This is all my fault! You want me to revert back to my normal state. I could never be the same after this."
"... You know I don't think you understand what I'm trying to say."
"Same here," I reciprocate, "It's like how you were like when you were a child. So innocent and docile and when you went through all that scrutiny, you change."
"What?" Jack asks, "Who did you here that from?"
Oh god, I messed up. I shouldn't even mention the past. "Rapunzel."
"Rapunzel?"
I nod.
"I was a child." He says lowering his voice, "How was I suppose to know what do? If everyone was telling me to conform, then what else should I do? It's what makes me stronger, Elsa. But looking at you, you're allowing it to make you weak. The type of weakness that made Jaspar so insecure, he went to extreme lengths to satisfy it."
Why is it that everything that comes out of my mouth, I always end up feeling guilty?
"I've had enough of this," He says, "Go to sleep. There's enough I have to deal with tomorrow."
I walk to the cushion besides his bed.
"No." He halts me, and I perk up. "Take the spare room down the hall, near the maids rooms. I want to be alone."
I didn't understand whether that was a kind gesture or he needed his solidarity. Jack has been increasingly kind to me, letting me not eat like a savage and now having my own bed. After all of this, the feeling of getting kissed by him arises and I easily shake off the warm emotion, and drown myself in even more guilt.

***

The coronation is today. A big event like today is all I need. I get up from my plain, modest single bed and arise to see a plain white silk with chiffon accents on the small cabinet. I idly put on the dress and open the door to see a pair of white shoes from some glistening material that I can't identify. Then I look around the corner to see Jack leaning on the wall, he was wearing formal attire. Besides his usual long black overcoat, he was wearing a high collared leather-like top that went all the way down to his hip, and slightly baggy leather pants with the same boots. But he wore red gloves. The clothes were similar to the one of the Hell's military, similar to Jaspar's clothing. But what really caught my attention, was his slick-back hair where there were a few stray strands dangling down his forehead. I always knew Jack was handsome, on first impression, but his unforgiving insolence made him off-putting. Now, I am reliving that feeling but for longer and intensely. His golden eyes against his gray-ish pale skin, made it look like he was yearning for something. It always did. And looking at him, reminded me of us kissing, the emotions I've been suppressing. And I can't hold it down.
"Took you long enough to get up. I've been waiting for centuries." He says.
"Y-yeah. Sorry."
"We would've arranged for someone to come fix you up, but they are all tending to Jenx."
My eyes shut hard a few times, "I need fixing?"
"Kind of."
"I'm sorry, I'm not as handsome as you."
As soon as he said that, he removes himself from the wall and walks to me. "You think I'm handsome?"
"No."
"You just said I'm handsome."
"Well- fine."
Jack alleviates all my worries from the previous night, I thought he would be reluctant to talk to me but he has this weird way, when I look at him normal, it leads me to be normal. But I think this is all temporary.
A smirk grows on his face. "Don't worry I know how to fix your ugliness."
I look at him with a displeased expression as he pulls up a dainty black necklace from his pocket. It had a familiar gold, pearl finish. But it was gorgeous.
"Nocte Auri." I mutter.
Jack nods.
"Wait did you collect my blood or something?"
Jack shakes his head, "It was forged with my blood. I made it originally for me, but, plans changed. So I got a powerful witch who made it work with just your feather. So I guess we both have something in that necklace. And we both can touch it."
He gestures with me hand to turn around, and once the heat of his fingers touch my neck, I shiver. "Easy, Angel." He clips it to my neck and I can feel a surge of positive energy through my vessel.
"I don't feel so ugly anymore." I say.
"I have to leave," He bows, "But I'll see you when it's time."
Jack's warm smile for a brief moments fades, his eyes and the corners of his lips droop downwards. It incited this worry inside of me.
"Alright, see you then."

A/N
Sorry for not updating, university has taken so much from me. Lol. But I got a keyboard for my iPad, because I bring my iPad everywhere. So it means I can write everywhere.
But I got an exciting announcement! The Fallen Angel, NOTORIOUS, MYSTERIOUS and Frosted Bodies, revised and edited version+detail improvements will be up on the Dreame app. So if you're going to re-read any of my books, do it on there, because it will be a better experience. My username on it is: jelsa-cruiseship
ID: 4296994770
https://m.dreame.com/user/concern?authorId=%2B9Dhb%2BPpXEwLD5AVEK6eJQ%3D%3D
By directly voting and putting my statistics up, you are supporting the development of The Fallen Angel, meaning FASTER updates without having to actually use money.
Updates on the TFA will be up at Dreame on 5:00PM every Thursday AEST time. Updates on there will be posted 1 hour earlier than on Wattpad. I also put the new story cover earlier up on there, I was going to wait to change the cover with the next volume but you get to see it before than.
Dreame on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dreame.reader&hl=en_AU
Dreame on IOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dreame-read-best-romance/id1421091911?mt=8