Living Hell

I try to feign ignorance to what I witnessed. To what I felt. I didn't want this to be a problem for both of us, and I believe Hiccup intends it to be that way.

"G-goodbye!" I awkwardly saw him off.

"Goodbye Elsa." He farewells me in returns and flies away into the distance with Toothless.

I sigh to myself, and embark on my flight towards the Hell's Palace, flying over the familiar towns and chaos occurring beneath me. 

I arrive at the gates where I am met by the guards which stopped me from entering the Palace.

"Why won't you let me in?!" I exclaim impatiently, "I am technically staff in this estate."

"Listen 'ere Angel, there is no higher royal personnel to authorize you in the Palace." The guard glares at me pointing aggressively at me.

"Calm down boys," A voice says behind me, I turn to see Jenx and she continues to speak, "Let her in. We're not like Heaven, are we?"

The guard submissively nods and opens the gate, I wait for Jenx to be beside me before I proceed into the Palace.

"Did Jaspar isn't here at all right?" I ask her.

"No." She answers, "But it's anytime now."

I sigh in relief.

"Elsa." Jenx addresses me, "You're not suppose to be here. But am I surprised? You suggesting to flee to a safe haven was very out of character."

"We need to talk." I tell her firmly. No, it sounded more like a demand.

We sit down on the large dinner table and the servants of the house bring us tea, in which I will always refuse and Jenx obviously grabs the tea while listening to me.

"Do you know who Dalaris Overland is?" I ask her.

Jenx perks up and stops sipping on her tea, "I may have heard that name mentioned several times."

"Well, Jaspar seems particularly interested in her history. Like how she lived in the mortal world, was a prostitute and was overall a bad person. I just wonder why is he interested in a mortal like that?" I ask, blurting everything I learnt.

"Dalaris was not a mortal," Jenx corrects me, "She was a demon."

I flutter my eyes in confusion, but it also forms some sort of understanding.

"She was notorious in Hell, for being so involved with the mortal world. She saw humans as weak and had a fun time meddling with their lives." She explains, "Back then demons were allowed to bounce from different worlds freely. But Dalaris went to the mortal world to settle permanently because she took pleasure in ruining ones life."

"A woman said that she was drowned. So is she really dead?" 

"Yes she's dead." Jenx confirms, "But that's not the way she died, I think. What's known about her is very vague, everything we know about her is all at face value."

Why would he want to know about Dalaris? Unless she had something that may assist him in the battle, like a tool of some sort ...

"I do have a radical theory ..." Jenx says then stares at my untouched teacup, "It's a bit rude to always refuse a cup of tea."

I look down at it, and feeling a bit parched from my earlier flight, I pick it up and take a sip of the warm tea. Suddenly I feel a jolt in my back, that made me let go of the cup making it smash on the table.

"Is it that revolting?!" Jenx rushes to the smash teacup and looks up at me.

"What did you put in it?!" I shout at her, "It's ironic that when you suggest I drink it, I feel pain. Are you on Jaspar's side?"

"I didn't put anything that would give you that." She informs me calmly, "I haven't taken anyone's side in this. If I really wanted to hurt you ... I would kill you."

The repercussions of my accusations hit me, guilt and the loss of Jenx's favour.

"Clean up the mess, slave." Jenx angrily orders me, "Don't bother asking me for help."

I fall to the floor with a massive migraine, my head was pounding and I whimper. I heard voices going through my brain.

Pathetic ... it wasn't something to be proved. But once I'm crowned I will take back Hell's power, and let the demon's do what is best.

I was tapped on the face, and I look up to see a concerned Jenx. 

"Hey, what happened?" Jenx asks worryingly, "I knew you were acting strange when we talk, and you look quite sick in appearance as well."

"... Does Jaspar really want to revenge on Heaven? Let the demons leave if they want to?" I ask her while holding my head after the immense pain.

"Yes. That is why he absolutely cannot become King." Jenx confirms, "Never. Since the Angel's rejected their original duty to protect and support mortal worlds, demons had to be confined in Hell. But if they're let out ... the current generations of Angel's don't know what to do ... because they're not qualified."

"It'll be a living hell ..." I mutter.

"Literally." She tells me then she completely lowers her voice, "I had to portray myself as neutral so he wouldn't think I'm taking sides. But we only need one Hell."

Suddenly I hear a distant voice, "What's this Jenx? Speaking to yourself?"

My eyes find the source of the voice ... there he is ... Jack.