Slum

I stayed quiet. I didn't know how to react, because I have never seen such rage burst out of him. I grab onto his shoulder firmly and mutter, "What are you doing?"

Then Jack releases all the tension in his body, by sighing. He starts to walk away from the stall with his eyes closed, he pauses to turn around to the old lady seller and simply reminds her,

"I am not a child anymore."

I look to the floor, all of his innocence drained away, forced to become a powerful and unfeeling being so he can gain the support of Hell. That's what he was doing after all these years, public relations work.

I look up to him to see he is around 5 metres away from me, I quickly catch up.

"So ... where are you going?" I ask.

"To the one who published these rumors, so he can debunk it." He answers.

"Huh, I guess Angels and Demons aren't to be together at all." I comment to myself, although something tugged me in the wrong way when I said that. 

"That's right." He agrees.

Now there's the feeling growing, the feeling of discomfort, like I am lying but even worse, I am lying to myself. I don't understand what's wrong, I've always had an idea that these two beings don't belong together.

Hearing Jack say that out loud, I feel just ... sad.

I find myself walking slower and the distance between Jack and I grow wider, I look as his back as he keeps walking in the distance. His presence that makes me feel at ease, someone who can see the use in me even though I am a useless angel. 

This distance, it should be like this. But I don't want this.

The distance stops growing, and Jack stops walking without a word.

My lifeless distraught face, suddenly lit up as he acknowledges I am falling behind and I catch up to him, rushing to close this gap.

"You're slow," He picks on me, "Don't drag me down."

"You're fast," I grin, "Don't leave me behind."

_________________________________________________

We were standing in front of ruins, a mess of a place with burnt woods covering the land, small shelters made by decayed tin and fire. It was like a primitive version of the lands surrounding the palace. However we were in the outer lands, where these demons have nothing.

They all stared at us, like we were the bright sun. I mean they probably haven't seen, Demon royalty here before and an Angel.

The demons wore ruined rags and were skinny to the bone, these beings were empty.

These are the slums.

Jack went to first demon he saw, which was a little child who was around 10 in mortal age. He crouches down to ask, "Do you know where I can find Kiryan?"

"Kiryan is always writing underground." He answers.

"Can you take us to him?" I ask the child.

The child nods and takes off almost immediately and we follow, I walk beside the child. 

"What's your name?" I ask him.

"They call me Seventy." He replies.

"Why Seventy?"

"It's like a charm, it's in hopes I live to make it when I am 70 in spiritual age, and I have!" He says with a large smile.

I guess they disappear before 70 because they lose their bodies.

Us, spiritual beings do not die from old age, rather if our body which is our vessel is not taken care of or cannot be saved our souls still live on. So the age of 70 is significantly small to our lifetime in our vessels.

I wonder how old Jack is, I've always assumed he was my age of 121.

"Jack how old are you?" I ask him, without looking behind me to see his face.

"133." He simply answers.

Hmm, so he is a bit older.

"Kiryan lives in this hole!" Seventy tells us.

We look down to see a stairway that leads to complete darkness, now we will face the writer who made Jack completely lose it.

A/N

First update of 2018! Now, it's my last year of school so there will be slow af updates, but I will be pre-writing and that :)

  Mortal age refers to appearance and maturity, whereas Immortal age refers to the actual years lived.  

If Seventy is 70 in immortal/spiritual age and in mortal age is 10, how old is Elsa and Jack in mortal age?