Vulnerable

Jenx POV

Key, Amethyst and Shuei seem worried abd panic as they saw the shock on my face.

"Did The Burning Ghouls disband?!" Amethyst exclaims.

I shake my head, "No ... a shadow came back to the light."

Jaspar is on the front cover of Hell Daily, the image is of him standing there with a blank face and and army behind him.

The article titled, "Jaspar returns to hellish home after his numerous journeys!"

I threw the newspaper to the floor and Shuei picks it up, all three of them look at me in concern.

"Jaspar?" Key asks, "I thought your brother just went to another place and settled there like you did."

I sigh, "Jaspar is suppose to be constantly travelling, it some duty thing he took upon himself, he basically leads an army."

"... I don't see what the problem is ..." Amethyst asks lost.

"The problem is Amethyst," Key starts to explain, "Is that many demons admire Jaspar, and with Jack's absence and lack of leadership, Jaspar can easily exploit that."

"That's not necessarily true," I interrupt, "Jaspar can't ever become king. The only way Jaspar can become king is if Jack refuses the throne or Jaspar beats Jack in a duel, this is only valid while Jack is still an heir. Once Jack becomes King ... Jaspar can't do anything about it."

"Jack is practically unbeatable. No demon can match his strength, due to a special gene he carries." Shuei adds.

"The timing isn't right. Jack's weakness can easily be exposed and used. Ugh!" I shout, "I am returning to Hell!"

"What?!" All three of them respond in sync which captures the attention of Kugo, Thelma and Orera who join in.

"Sorry guys," I apologise, "But someone needs to keep Hell in check."

"But you're suppose to be in hiding!" Kugo reminds me, "I don't know what is going on but I need you!"

"Jaspar is up to something I know it. He isn't just physically strong, he is also really sneaky." I tell them, "That is why I must find out what he is up to."

"Let me come with you!" Shuei insists, "You need someone to be with you ..."

"An angel is no place for Hell. Especially a small one like you." I say to him, "If you want to help Shuei find Jack and help him find Rapunzel using our resources. He doesn't know what he is doing so give him direction."

Shuei nods and I immediately leave once I give them a farewell.

... Although I don't think I will be able to tolerate Hell, it will be fine. Since I have a purpose.

I go through the land portal to Hell and instantly arrive.

I take whiff.

"The smell of burning fallen angels have increased by 10% I see ..." I mutter to myself.

"Welcome back Jenx." I hear a deep voice beside me and I see The Gatekeeper.

"Good to know you remember me." I smile.

... I haven't been away for that long of a time, but it feels like a big drastic change in environment. I also feel quite uncomfortable, like my sins are welcoming me home.

I officially enter Hell and walk on the rough surface, I shouldn't fly ... too much attention. I walk on the road to the castle and I am instantly spotted by some Demon Peasants.

"Could it be ...?" One of them say.

"It's Princess Jenx!" The other announces and everyone gathers around me.

I feel automatically uneasy, although it seemed so long ago when I was bombarded by demons, they are barking in my ears and compressing me. I spread my wide black wings pushing demons away from me and I decide to fly to the palace.

I arrive on the location ... nothing changed ... I hope. The large palace towers, looking down at me. I gulp in nervousness and fear, I hate this place.

The guards stand on front lift an eyebrow.

"Hey, who are you?" One of them asks rudely. I turn to them with a glare.

"Oh! The Princess!" He suddenly snaps into realisation and he opens the large door for me.

I look around the area and it's empty although there was a maid quietly cleaning the aisle, even though it's already spotless.

"Maid, where is Jaspar?" I ask her and she points to one of the recreational rooms. It was the lounge for playing chess, if I remember it right.

I enter the room and lonely Jaspar sits on the chair thinking to himself. He looks up to see me but I don't get much of a reaction.

... I haven't seen him after he decided to go on a mission, travelling worlds and probably searching for a way to beat Jack.

He slightly turns his face to me and get a glimpse of his muted red eyes. He was dressed in demon military attire, a large black cloak which draped down to the ankle. He also wore fingerless gloves and leather boots. His cap which symbolizes his leadership of the army was resting on his lap.

"Why are you back in Hell?" I ask him.

"You return from your little foster care home to visit me?" He says, "I have more power than I realised."

I flinch, suprised at the fact he knew that. "How did you find out?" I ask and cross my arms.

"How do you become ruthless, unrelenting and strong ... then become soft and fragile?" He speaks, "Because of your vulnerabilities. Being personal and those vulnerabilities touching your emotions."

I narrow my eyes, "Answer the question."

"All I did was some investigating behind your disappearance." Jaspar shrugs, "I know your intentions. And you know mine. If you get in my way, it's okay I will do something nice for you."

I scoff, "Something nice?"

"Removing your vulnerabilities." He smiles at me, "Then you can return to who you once were."

My eyes widen shocked, I can't believe he would threaten me! My fists clench and I narrow my eyes at him, gritting my teeth.

"I am being fair. I will take this opportunity while father is still alive." He tells me and stands tall then he grimaces, "Don't intefere. This a fight between two demons. Playing dirty won't help you, or those angels you take care of."

Damn it!

"You know you'll lose against Jack. He is too strong." I provoke him.

Jaspar looks at me and smirks, "One thing I've learnt from you is that vulnerabilities ... they make you weak."

Jaspar leaves the room quietly and I sit down and think.

... How did he find out? The only way to trace me was from my tower, but after that he wouldn't of gone far ... I would've known something was up outside my cave. I also hid the kids well in the lair so he would've assumed I settled there not the kids.

... I know what happened.

There was a traitor in our midst ...