Status Quo

JENX'S CORONATION NIGHT

Uneasy, I was when Jack spontaneously wanted to speak to Hans. I couldn't imagine those two conversing like proper gentlemen, but I didn't hear any increase of volume from where I stood so I think they kept it as 'civil' as possible.

I made my way to the rest of my family, my parents who were busy with their obligations as the Head of Angel Council and Head of Angel Council's wife to greet the other 'ambassadors' of the other kingdoms. The only reason why other beings have to attend is that they have to attest, in a way recognise Jenx's ascension to the throne and their presence at the coronation was the tick of approval.

"Elsa!" Dad shouted in joy and wrapped his arms around me.

"Dear!" Mom scolded him. "You can't hug her in front of all the officials!"

"I just missed her so much," he said. "I can't wait to get you out of here as quickly as possible."

"Uh⁠—yeah ..."

"Can you believe it? Jenx actually took the throne, I knew it," Dad said. "When she came to visit in Heaven, when she talked to me I just intuitively know that she's going to be Queen."

"She talked to you?!" Mum exclaimed. "Why did you let her into Heaven?"

"You can't treat her like every other demon, dear. This is demon royalty. Why do you think we're maintaining the peace between the kingdoms? Because if Hell wasn't on board, everywhere would be Hell."

"But you're pushing it," I interrupted. "With the Re-Written Agreement, Hell is scheming and revolting against Heaven. We're on a verge of a war."

"Then isn't a real treat that Jenx is the ruler of Hell?"

Is it though? Jenx might try to reverse the Re-Written Agreement, maybe have the objective to make Angel's and Demon's perceived as equal, and try to lift the disadvantage in Hell. That won't go well in Heaven, or the other kingdoms, who desperately try to suppress Hell in fear of it.

I just want to know ... what will Jenx be up to? What plans does she have in store?

"But she's only keeping the seat warm for her father," Dad explained. "He'll come. Eventually."

The light brightly burns through the windows of the Cathedral and everyone started to seat themselves down on the chair. I couldn't sit next to my parents because of our current status disparity, I was still considered a servant over the daughter of one of the most important beings in the room right now, surrounded by other important beings.

Jack, however, stood at the front. Jenx was comfily seated on her stained black throne and it was completely still and silent. There was no music playing or indistinct chatter, it was dead silent. I wasn't entirely sure if that was a tradition in Hell coronations, but I wouldn't risk what would happen if I made the slightest noises.

A pure light shone onto Jenx's entire, singular body and the prophet, Eugene who was dressed in a pure white with gold rimming cloak⁠—who made his one hour rest his default look, walked slowly up to Jenx with a cloud of electricity, holding up the floating crown that was black with crimson jewels.

Eugene looked like he was wielding the energy holding up the crown, but it wasn't, it was the greatest entity of us all. It was God.

This was the part where everyone really made the effort not to make a sound, that they had to zip their mouths shut because everyone was in awe of God's work. Not even my father has seen his face, nor has regularly been in his presence, the only thing he relied on was the Prophet who delivered the demands of God.

I had never seen God do something like this. Or just ANYTHING. 

Jenx kept cool and composed why the crown floated above her head, and then abruptly dropped onto her soft hair. After that, the light from the windows disappeared and he was gone. 

Jenx is now officially the ruler of Hell.

Now let the festivities begin.

Everyone happily fled the Cathedral of Co-Existence, I don't blame them, the whole building was eerie. But a few of the maids had a slower departure, they were all stricken with love and faith after seeing that.

The guests were all directed to the hall where different foods were served to appease everyone's tastes. I stood against the wall because I wasn't allocated a seat due to my 'almost' equal status to the maids, but it didn't bother me one bit. I found most of the officials obnoxious including my own father, and I was tired. 

Anna snuck me some angel delicacy and chocolate, of course. 

Jack was still royalty, despite losing the duel, and had the laborious burden of socialising with the other guests. Observing from afar, he seemed like he developed the skill really well ... he knew how to speak their lingo and appeal to their humour.

He noticed me looking at him, GOD, I am just going to say I was EXTREMELY bored and that's why I was watching him. He tied his last conversation in a pretty knot and joined me against the wall. Which is something he's not supposed to do in public?

Leaning against the wall he had this coy smile on. "Are you feeling much better after seeing your family?"

I nodded. "Yeah, of course." I can't entirely deny the idea of not missing them, and fully immersing in Hell, I missed them. I was raised by them and led a simple life, for a period. I'd be psychopathic not to miss them.

"How do you feel now that Jenx is Queen?"

"I don't really care about that anymore ... there's not much you can do," I said and I looked over to Anna who has this giant smile, jumping giddily. "My sister is a bit to lit at this event ..."

"What's she always so happy about?"

"... Well, she's probably going to marry someone in an arranged marriage that she actually loves, going to secure a stable job and she'll finally live her dream life by starting her own family ..."

"... On the contrary, you don't seem as enthusiastic as I thought."

"... Did you want to be king Jack?" I blurted out, I couldn't help but tackle this one.

"No," he said. "I only did it because it was what was necessary to keep Jaspar off the throne."

"I didn't want you to become King," I confessed. "Because I thought that you could absolutely never be with me."

"Then why did you do all that to make sure I won?"

"... Because I'm immature." I smiled. "And I thought it didn't matter, I'll just get more time to savour with you."

Jack discretely held my hand and gripped it tightly. "You're very immature," he whispered. "And so am I ..."

I giggled.

"I can't say I don't love you, because I'd be lying," he said. "And I've been lying to myself this whole time."

AUTHORS NOTE

Yooooo, I AM SO SORRY GUYS. I can't believe it's been this LONG. LIKE DAMN. APRIL???

I have been writing this other book, and university is analling me because there is SO MUCH HOMEWORK AND I UNDERSTAND 0% OF CONTENT.

I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR BETA READERS FOR MY BOOK, SO IF YOUR INTERESTED PLEASE MESSAGE ME!!!

Love ya'll, cya soon.