Setback

"What do you mean by that?" I ask, clinging myself against the wall.

Jack wryly laughs and pulls away with me. I exhale so much held in air and Jack picks up his blade and flings it over his shoulder.

"You'll have to see ..." He tells me and turns to me with a smirk showing he's up to trouble.

"I-I'm warning you!" I exclaim all flustered, "Don't do anything stingy! Don't play with me!"

He rolls his eyes, and proceeds to shake his head and says, "I never said I was playing around, idiot."

My mouth drops a bit, and my limbs loosen. It's true he's improved after he expressed something strange, that I don't understand. But why do I suddenly feel so threatened?

My body reverts back to it's stiff state and I shout, "Weirdo!" 

I flee the scene that caused me to act not like myself. I place my hand on my chest.

I tell him that he hasn't changed, and then he suddenly changes right before me.

I hurried around the halls with no purpose at all, but in a natural reaction to what I witness ... contemplating my feelings and his very words.

"Ahem." I hear someone clear his throat and I instantly pull my head up to see the most unexpected of faces.

It was Flynn.

My mood changes, and I feel curious and awkward simultaneously, "May I help you?"

"Just ... looking around these so called 'kingdoms'. Familiarizing myself with these works before I get into action." He tells me nonchalantly.

"Oh," I say, "How is the 'Prophet' career working out for you?"

Flynn scratches the back of his neck, "Different from what I'm used to."

Analyzing from his demeanor, he seems calm but also uncomfortable. Like these whole pathway of becoming a Prophet is not him at all. Maybe now that Rapunzel is gone, he's lost a sense of belonging?

There was a part of me that desired to console him, but I knew my efforts would be futile. There is nothing I could say that can jolt him back to his former state without Rapunzel.

"I see," I respond, "Good luck on your job."

I walk past him and I am paused by him.

"You know," He starts to speak, "When I saw you acting that way, like you didn't know what to do. It reminded me of the aftermath of meeting Rapunzel."

Color flushed through my cheeks and I grab my cheeks and mumbled to him, "That's not it." 

As I continue walking away, I could hear his distant laugh and then a smile grew on my face.

_______________________________

"Elsa, it's a good idea to take refuge in Heaven for a while." Jenx suggests to me, while I am seated on the dinner table, she was seated at the other end.

Must I add- I have finally worked my way up here, it's better than eating on the floor.

"Why? Whatever happens here won't hurt me." I say.

"Yes. But they may kill each other." Jenx informs me, "As an Angel you must maintain your purity."

I shake my head, "Sorry Jenx, but may you elaborate why my purity is such a big deal? You used that as an excuse for when I wanted to fight back in DunBroch."

Jenx wryly laughs and digs her fork into her meal and looks down, avoiding eye contact with me, "You take it for granted. I don't want you to demolish your childish traits that define your life, it's best to preserve it. As you know, a normal childhood was a luxury to us."

"But I'm not a child anymore." I argue, "In order to grow, I must even abandon my purity. Honestly, I don't care about living to Heaven's expectations. I just want to be able to do something that will help with situations."

Jenx loudly chews on her meat, and stares at me dumbfounded. I feel like I've been made a mockery of, as if my words aren't serious. 

She swallows her food and gives me a wide smirk, "You can't really blame my thought process though."

I raise my eyebrow.

"You haven't once proved you're capable of protecting yourself or anyone for that matter."  

Now that. That really hit me. Although I've always known that I was useless, and couldn't even be capable of becoming a companion, I felt as if Jack would've had a more productive servant than I. Even though I desire to become an asset, it wasn't good enough because I'm not an asset.

Jenx upon seeing my distraught felt like she had to undo what she did, she just did provide an incentive to completely abandon my 'purity'.

"However! You did save DunBroch with that 'Spirit Contact' trick." Jenx says, "And that spy job!"

"I was captured during the spy job you gave me." I remind her.

Jenx taps her chin, "Oh did you? I mean you were a beginner-!"

"Don't worry Jenx, you're completely right." I tell her, "Time to prove my worth!"

A/N

OkiKagu is the most canon but not canon ship tbh

How are you guys? How is life treating you? Life is okay. Life is fine for me. Tom Holland with puppies have given me the purpose to live.

Make sure you guys vote and comment! For real though, I just got a vote for the previous chapter and it reminded me to update. 

The comments that go 'Update please' I appreciate, however maybe add a joke or idk something about your day. Hell, give me a rant. Just give me whatever the bee movie script idgaf.