Flower

Jenx POV

"You had a chance, to be a neutral party," Jaspar says, walking around me, "I guess now I can utilize your knowledge."

I keep a blank expression, "Are you that stupid?" I spit.

Jaspar shakes his head and chuckles a bit, "No. Believe it or not, sometimes we have our own personal knowledge, and it is limited to one or two minds."

"... Stop babbling, what are you on about?"

Jaspar pauses and rolls his eyes, "Well they call it a, 'secret'. I know that you, Jenx, have a collection. I need you to expose a secret to me, about Jack."

"I have none." I simply say, "Do whatever, but I have none."

"... Then a theory perhaps." Jaspar suggests.

"None."

"Oh really?" He laughs to himself, "I know for a fact you are lying. I did, a bit of peeking, and I looked into your massive collection of research books and came upon something interesting ..."

I narrow my eyes, "You have no concept of privacy ..."

"Fortunately for you but unfortunately for me, the theory that you formulated is incomplete. The theory only contained a few words that really interested me." Jaspar explains, "Let me help you remember, you were fascinated with the gene that Jack possessed, called the 'SPX'. Why?"

I rolled my eyes, "I was naturally fascinated, and also very jealous. I wanted to obtain it myself, but that's impossible."

Jaspar leans in and laughs, "Is it really? Of course you couldn't obtain it, but you are so certain it's one of a kind. I wonder why ... I bet you know why. That's why you stopped researching on it, because it's so unattainable." 

I scoff, "What is your point. I can't obtain it and you can't either. Why bring this up?" I ask.

Jaspar puts his hand towards his forehead and acts like he's in distress, "If you're one of the smartest minds, then we are all really stupid."

Of course, I know the possibility of what he might do. But for now I can distract him with other suggestions.

"You know the exact secret," He says, "But I won't force you to say it, it's no good relying on other people. Especially a pathetic sister."

... Jaspar's exact weakness, his pride.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elsa POV

I felt vulnerable once Rapunzel left, I took cover into a secluded alleyway, where hopefully, thugs won't be after me. The actual letter was thin, and I carefully removed the opening and took out a neat letter, written in the most beautiful calligraphy.

I widen my eyes and squint it again, blinking several times. I whisper to myself, "This can't be ..."

Hello Elsa, this is Rapunzel.

Reading this line, gave me a headache. But I should read on,

I am Rapunzel of a later time, and I have written to you. I know Elsa, that you were the angel that traveled to the past, Jack admired you. I thought this would be an opportunity to ask you this. Find the Golden Flower and destroy it. This flower will save me. It will heal me. So I am asking you this, the flower is located on the hilltop of Hell. Pull the root of the flower out and then you're done.

Is the present Rapunzel hurting? Is she dying? Is that the reason why Rapunzel left?

I must save her! I need to do something helpful, all I've done was cause trouble. 

Staying in the past in dangerous, but I can't let Rapunzel die. I should destroy the flower today, I feel like this is very urgent.

Hmmm ... so she wrote, Hilltop of Hell. 

I think she's referring to the outer lands of Hell, where the Fallen Angels are based. I'm going to have to vigilantly walk, my prepubescent wings won't allow my to quickly travel there. But I know my shortcut, walking around the towns.

I run quickly to the outskirts of the area, swerving in and out of alleyways and the shelters on the side. Avoiding any gazes from any demons.

I usually feel safe in Hell, with Jack beside me. I feel guarded. 

But now I just feel like I'm naked.

I sometimes do wonder, does Jack think about me here and there? Or am I just another toy he got sick of?

He's probably over me, like another distant memory to him. He has other important things to concern himself about, he's an heir and he must be in preparation to take the throne. Jack is probably performing exorcisms himself, or another angel.

... Another angel.

I shake my head, now is not the time to think about that evil cruel perv prince who can be unpredictable at times and makes me feel strange. I must continue my mission. 

... I look beyond me and see the plain dusty fields of ash. Right before me a peak in the land, that must be the Hilltop. The flower was radiant and flourishing, I'm surprised no one has taken it. 

"This flower stands out more than me." I mutter to myself.

Suddenly something transitioned right in front of the flower blocking it's light. The body was hiding the flower while someone seemed like they were absorbing the power. She had a hunchback, but gradually her back turned straight. 

"Umm ... excuse me, why are you here?" I ask.

The person turns around revealing a early middle aged woman, with large curly black hair , large eyes and a pale complexion.

I stagger back, I swear she seemed older.

"What's going on little angel?" She asks tutting me, "I thought your only objective here was go back to your present time."

I blink my eyes several times, and uncomfortably shift myself, "How do you know that?"

"I'm the witch, your only ticket back home." She explains, "I am Gothel."