27) Riptide part1

Disclaimer: The author does not own any publicly recognizable entities herein. No copyright infringement is intended.

This is a Rosella or Bella/Rosalie fanfic

Fluff/ AH

The sun was shining brightly in Santa Catalina Island while Isabella Cullen prepared for Rosalie Hale's arrival. As the owner of Twilight by the Sea, a beach cottage resort by the marina, she was in charge of making sure everything was ready and done exactly as her guest had requested.

Her small crew of four worked extra hard that Sunday afternoon, tidying the six cottages that were available for rent to customers. Yet Emmett, one of Isabella's employees, wasn't too happy about it and he had no qualms voicing his displeasure.

"Are you even sure she's gonna use all of the cottages? She's only going to be here by herself."

Isabella shook her head. "That doesn't matter, Em. Mrs. Hale asked that all the cottages be available to her, so whether she uses them or not is not our problem; they simply have to be ready and clean. End of the discussion, you understand?"

"Yes, boss," he annoyingly retorted. "Whatever you say."

"Exactly. You do whatever I say, so lose the attitude," she warned. "And please, please promise me to be on your best behavior while Mrs. Hale is here, okay?"

Emmett waggled his brows. "What if she wants me to misbehave with her?"

"You know what?" Isabella said exasperatedly. "I don't want you here this coming week."

"What?!" he exclaimed. "Why?"

"Because I don't want you accosting her, alright? I know you, Em, and the last thing I need is for you to give the resort a bad rep."

Emmett gasped, feigning shock, but before he could say anything else, Isabella did.

"Shut it, kid." She gave him a pointed look. "Like I said, I know you."

It was rather amusing that Isabella referred to Emmett as a kid given that at his 6'5" height, he was easily at least a foot taller than her. Regardless, she called him that because he was younger than her, but more than anything since he truly behaved like a child.

"Fine, whatever," he grumbled. "You're still paying me."

"I am," Isabella sighed. "Just stay away from here for the following week."

"Paid vacation!" Emmett boomed, smirking. "I like the sound of that!"

Isabella stood in place, shaking her head as he walked away and resumed his task. For a brief moment, she wondered how she was going to survive the rest of week without his help if Mrs. Hale actually did use all the cottages at the resort. None of the other crewmembers would be around to help her due to Mrs. Hale's request that she be attended by as few people as possible.

Sometimes celebrities are too demanding, Isabella thought.

Well, Rosalie Hale wasn't exactly a celebrity per se. Although, as a bestselling author, she was definitely popular, and anonymity was something she was seeking. That's why she had chosen Isabella's resort on the remote island in California to vacation while she wrote her next novella.

Rosalie hoped that the warm weather there would help her relax and serve as inspiration given that the rain in her native Rochester dispirited her. She had packed a multitude of bathing suits and sundresses she imagined she'd wear to Descanso Beach if the opportunity arose. Or maybe she'd go there to write, although she'd have to camouflage herself in order to not be recognized by tween fangirls that read her books and knew who she was.