29) Riptide part3

~·Wednesday·~

"We didn't finish our conversation yesterday," Rosalie told Isabella as they sat at Isabella's dining table again, but this time they were eating a light lunch.

Isabella looked up at her, not expecting Rosalie to open their conversation with that sentence, especially since she hadn't seen Rosalie after she left her home the previous morning. Trying very hard not to sound rude, Isabella simply said, "Neither one of us said anything after your confession, and since you left, I thought you didn't want to talk about it anymore."

"I was feeling inspired," Rosalie said after sipping her orange juice. "And I needed to capture everything that was blooming in my mind!"

Isabella grinned, admiring the passion with which Rosalie spoke about her work. "Well, that's great."

"Yeah, and I actually finished the story I started on Monday, so I was thinking maybe we could celebrate tonight?"

"What did you have in mind?" Isabella asked as she cut a piece of her broccoli quiche.

"Well, how about dinner and a movie? The Great Gatsby is showing and I'd love to watch it," Rosalie said before taking a bite of quiche.

A dinner and a movie, Isabella thought. That sounds like a date to me...

In an attempt to disguise her true interest in doing that, Isabella simply shrugged. "Okay."

"It's all set, then." Rosalie smiled. "So, back to what we were talking about..."

Isabella raised her brow. "Yes?"

"I told you my darkest secret, so it's only fair you tell me yours."

"I don't have any secrets." Isabella shrugged. "Anybody who knows me will tell you that."

That was partially true because while Isabella didn't hide anything, she wasn't being honest with Rosalie about her sexuality. It wasn't for fear that Rosalie would judge her, since they were both interested in women. It was more so the fear of revealing how interested in Rosalie she was when confessing her sexual preference.

Somewhat aware of Isabella's hesitance, Rosalie said, "Okay, well if you don't have any secrets, why don't you tell me more about yourself. You said that Emmett had a different father than you?"

"Yeah, our mother wasn't very reliable when it came to matrimony until she met Carlisle, our stepfather. Emmett and I were born from her two previous marriages, and after she married Carlisle, she had twins."

"So that's the other brother you were referring to the other day?"

Isabella smiled. "Yes, he's Edward, and Alice is his twin. We're all pretty close despite our age difference, but Edward is my go-to person. I don't know what I'd do without him when either Alice or Emmett get into trouble."

"I can see totally see that happening," Rosalie said, grinning. "Emmett seems like a handful."

"Oh, trust me; he is," Isabella confirmed. "And don't even get me started on Alice."

"What kind of trouble has she gotten in?"

"It's not so much as trouble as it is suddenly disappearing without telling anyone." Isabella shook her head, wistfully remembering her sister's antics. "She often forgets she has a family, so she just takes off on her adventures around the world."

"Wow, that does seem wearisome," Rosalie told her. "I don't know how you do it."

Smirking, Isabella told her, "It's called love, and it makes you do the craziest shit."