71) Best Friends to Lovers

Bella/Alice
AU/AH
Rated M

"Oh, I'm just so nervous!" Alice shouted to Bella from inside the shower. Bella was sitting on the toilet with the lid down, working on a TV guide crossword puzzle.

"Sweetie, you're only going to a movie. There's nothing to be nervous about. You've been doing this since high school."

"I know, but I really like him. What if he doesn't like me? What if he thinks I'm too... Oh, I don't know... too fragrant?"

"If men didn't like the smell of perfume, they wouldn't buy it for us. 'Jovovich of RESIDENT EVIL' 5 letters, ends in A."

"Bella. I'm just going to stop thinking about it. I can't reach my towel."

Not looking up from her crossword puzzle, Bella leans forward to grab the towel. She hands it to Alice, while penciling in her answer. Alice slides the shower door open and takes the towel. She begins vigorously rubbing the towel around her scalp, drying off her hair.

"Do you hear the phone?" She asked.

Bella looked up at Alice."...wow..." She breathed silently in her head. "Alice is really attractive." She closed her eyes slowly, imagining just for a moment what it would be like to touch Alice's body... the way a lover would. Softly, and sensually. What would it feel like to be the object of Alice's desire? To see that look in her eyes... that look that says, "I've been waiting for you. I want you like nothing I've ever wanted before. You can please me in ways I've never imagined. I belong to you now, take me."

She shook the thoughts out of her head and said, "I'm sorry Alice, what did you say?"

"Oh, I just thought I heard the phone." She answered, stepping out of the shower.

Bella stood and turned her back to Alice. "I'll go see if there's a message." She said into her shoulder. Alice wrapped the towel around herself and secured it, then began brushing her hair. Bella came back in.

"It was Jasper. He said he couldn't make it tonight." Bella said in what she thought would be the most painless for Alice.

"Oh, no." Alice said, backing to the toilet and having a seat. She leaned over and put her head in her hands, dropping the brush on the floor.

"Well did he say why?" She asked, looking at Bella again.

"He has to pull a double shift at the hospital."

"Oh God. I knew this would happen, I knew something would go wrong."

"Oh, Ally come on. At least he didn't ditch you because you were too fragrant. He has a valid reason. We can just watch a movie here, and I'll fix you something to eat. It'll be just you and me.

When the words "just you and me" come out of her mouth, the fantasies start again, and she closed her eyes, turned her head down diagonally, and exhaled gently.

Alice is too upset. She doesn't notice.

"That would be nice. But I still feel like I did something wrong. Why couldn't he have just told them he couldn't work tonight?" Alice asked

"He works at a hospital, sweetie. He wants to save lives. He won't just let people die because he has a hot date. He's a good man." Bella said a little upset.

"I know. You're right. I'm not even gonna bother with getting dressed. I feel like being lazy." She said, and took her robe from the rack on the wall. She put it on, leaving her towel in place. "I want popcorn." She said, and headed out towards the kitchen.