58)Mask

Hey guyss. Sorry im still not updating my fanfics. But enjoy this one.

Bella/Alice AU AH
Rated T

I let my bike roll to a stop in between Emmett's jeep and someone's yellow Porsche. I knew I was late; I knew when I left I was going to be late. Rosalie hated when I showed up late. Even in high school she was always on time or early. Some people wondered why we were friends. We were so opposite - I was always uninterested and Rose was such an over achiever. I looked unkempt at my best and she looked like a movie star. I came from a working class family while she... well, her parents were loaded.

I let the questions creep into my head as I climbed the stairs to Rosalie's parents' house. It had been several years since I had last been here. Probably senior year of high school sometime. Seems so long ago now. I opened the door and as I did I heard a girl scream. I saw she was in a coconut bikini and a grass skirt and some guy was trying to undo the straps. The music was beating bass through the floorboards and the smell of sweat and beer was already in the air.

Why were Rose and I friends? She could throw one hell of a Halloween party.

I stood at the door for a second, raking my hand through my hair and wondering where to go first. I passed through the crowd, side stepping around warm, swaying bodies and bulky costumes. I let my eyes wander, taking in some peoples costumes. You had the classics - devil, grim reaper and the like - then you had the weird ass ones. As my eyes passed a guy dressed as an iPod, I let my eyes drag up and down his costume in silent judgment.

The layout of the house was the same now as it was when I was eighteen. The kitchen was to the far side of the house and seemed to call to me as I felt in need of a drink.

"Bella, where the hell have you been?" Rosalie exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air. She was dressed as a nurse. I wanted to say slutty nurse but I wasn't sure how without being offensive. Her top was far too tight and she wore a skirt that showed off her long legs.

"Sorry, traffic," I mumbled, grabbing a beer from the fridge.

"Why aren't you wearing a costume?" Rose asked, her eyes slightly glazed and I could tell she was not on her first drink.

"What do you mean?" I looked at my costume, feeling a point of pride.

"Blue jeans, a white shirt and a red jacket. How's that different from what you wear any other day?" Rosalie tilted her head, quizzically.

"I'm James Dean," I smiled, sipping at my beer.

"No, you're cheap and unimaginative," Rose shot back.

"Don't forget lazy," I added with a smirk.

We fell into a quiet laughter. It had always been like this with Rose. She liked to give me a hard time and I gave as good as I got. Rosalie didn't scare me like she did other girls. I found it kind of attractive in a way, but I would never cross that line. Ever. Her friendship was too important to me. She is like my sister.

"Bells!" I turned to the sound of my name being yelled across the kitchen counter.

"Emmett!" I yelled back.

Emmett pulled me into a bear hug, cutting off my oxygen for a few seconds before finally letting me go. Emmett was dressed in scrubs and it instantly reminded me of his dad.

"Does Carlisle know you stole his scrubs?"

Emmett's face fell and he pouted like a child. "Yeah, he wouldn't let me have the lab coat so he gave me these."

Emmett moved to the counter, pouring himself a shot of whiskey.

"Hitting the strong stuff?"

"I need something to clean the thoughts from my brain. I just saw my little brother and his boyfriend making out."