88) Pumpkin, Glass Slippers Part II

As promise to my dearest readers. Here's the second Part.

Enjoy😄

Previously

Urging the girl to sit down at the table on the other side of the kitchen from Sam.

Bella looked at the offered seat and smiled slightly at Leah. "All right, I guess I can stay for a little while."

No One's POV

"Where have you been?" Sulpicia demanded when Bella finally got home.

"Um, in town at Leah and Sam's bakery," the brunette replied, showing her stepmother the bag of goods she got.

"Why did it take you so long?"

"The town was super busy today," Bella offered as an explanation, "Something about a ball?"

"Ah yes," Sulpicia's eyes glazed over, "The ball, a masquerade ball, but still a ball. I hear that the princess and the grand duke's son will be looking for suitors at the ball, which is why I need your help getting Alice and Rosalie ready to attract suitable husbands, maybe even the duke's son!"

"From what I heard, the invitation for the ball was for all eligible young men and women of the kingdom, so that means that I can go too," the brunette said, wanting to go to the ball. Not to find true love, but just to have some fun for once.

"You," Alice said laughing, "What would you wear to the ball?"

"No Alice, Cinderella here is right," Sulpicia said, smirking at Bella, "If you finish all of your chores over the next few days, and manage to fix yourself an outfit, you may go to the ball."

"Really stepmother?" Bella asked, unbelievingly.

"Mother!" Alice protested.

"Yes Cinderella, but I must tell you that I've given Sue the next few days off so she could help her daughter and son-in-law since she told me of the great honor they were given. This means that you must do Sue's work as well as your own," Sulpicia said, "That won't be any problem will it?"

"No stepmother," Bella said, clenching her fists, "Of course not."

"I thought not, you are dismissed."

Bella walked back to the kitchen where Sue was packing to leave for the night. "Bella," Sue said when the girl walked into the room, "Sulpicia has given me a few days off, but I won't take them. You need me here."

"No Sue, don't worry about it, I can get everything done. Leah and Sam need you more, especially since they have the palace work on top of their regular orders that Seth delivers," Bella replied, "Is he going to the ball?"

"Oh no, he's only 15, far to young for the ball. No, but he, Leah and Sam are going to be helping serving, so they will be there. If I take the days off to help them, will you have time to find a dress for the ball?"

Bella sighed, "Probably not, I'm going to try though, I've got to at least try."

"If you need anything, anything at all, just send word and I'll come down," Sue told her, "You're like a second daughter to me Bella, I care about you just as much as I do Leah."

"Thanks Sue," the brunette said, tears pooling in her eyes, "I'll be okay for a few days." With those parting words, Sue exited the door to wait for Seth, who would be driving by any minute now. Bella sighed and took a moments respite to enjoy the silence, but her stepmother bellowing her name throughout the manor broke her out of her meditation.