Chapter 8

Ces: First update for the month of June, before school starts too!

*=*

Chapter 8 "Noisy Dinner"

Third Person's POV

"Make yourselves comfortable." Dipper stated once they entered his apartment. He went straight to the kitchen, mostly putting the groceries and wash his hands by a dozen of hand sanitizer and soap.

Mabel sighed by that, getting the idea why he's in a hurry. She looked back at the two. "You guys can just sit by the living room." She stated and only Mel nodded.

Bill was busy. He's having second thoughts if he would touch a stack of books just by the corner. It looks interesting to him though. Since the last time he didn't came inside, that memory is still fresh in his mind just like yesterday.

"Don't touch that, Bill. If you don't want to be scolded." Mabel stated, not even glancing at him as she said that.

Mel rolled her eyes and tugged the blond at the living room, sitting him down at the sofa. She sat down next to him, in a happy mood.

"Does Shooting Star even know that Pine Tree is an author?" Bill asked, 'cause he can tell that this is not just some normal apartment. It has even seperated rooms! Also add up the terrace for the view.

Mel shaked her head for a no. "Dipper doesn't want her to know." She answered.

"Why?"

"That's something I would not want to know. It's personal, Bill." She sighed. Though she said she wouldn't want to know. She really wants to know. But she still respect Dipper's wishes and she will follow that, at least this time.

Bill only nod and stared around. It's amazing that he's sitting down and not doing anything. That's kinda rare for him. The place is huge but not so huge, just the perfect size of an apartment. And there is one thing that Bill noticed, every furniture of this room has scratches. Not just normal scratches, like, by nails or claws. And most of them are hidden but he still noticed.

He's observant, in his own way. He looked at the coffee table and noticed the long trail of scratch. Then, his imagination ran wild.

He imagined someone pulling Dipper, as if, taking him by force. But the brunet is taking chances and grabbed the leg of the coffee table, he probably started kicking at the attacker but that someone still managed to pull him and that's where the long trail of scratch came from.

His imagination ends when Mabel came in, looking tired and shit.

Mel chuckled by the girl's outcome. "What happened out there?" She asked.

Mabel rolled her eyes and flomped between Mel and Bill. Her arms crossed and quite annoyed. "Dipper won't let me help!" She whined.

"Because of you putting plastic dinosaurs in the food again?" Mel laughed.

"How did you know!?" Mabel gaped.

Mel shrugs. "Just a hunch. Or maybe it's because there's a pack of colorful plastic dinosaurs poking out of your jacket." She teased.

Her cheeks redden a bit and sulked, muttering uncomprehensable words. It's not like she's making Mabel juice, again.

Bill stood up and wander around the room, he noticed that there isn't much of pictures of him in one part of the room. Mostly, the pictures are some wooden house in the middle of the forest and has a signage of Mystery Shack, though the 'S' has fallen out. Then, probably around 12 to 13 years old Dipper and Mabel with a pig, wearing a sweater.