Chapter 78

Ces: enjoy reading!

*=*

Chapter 78 "Engaged"

Dipper finishes his test with flourish and always perfecting the answers per question. He passed the test paper to his last professor for today, who sighed with a knowing smile and let him leave the room with a good night.

He steps outside the room and to always notice that the room he was in is the only room which has lights on. He shrugs and continues to leave the building with a jog. He's been jogging recently and he likes what it do to his body. He's been jogging for 2 weeks now, his body, specifically his legs, are having muscles now and he can breath easier but still takes his meds.

Dipper stops when he saw Gabriella with Melinda and Maxon. What are they doing here? He thought as he met them in the middle of the courtyard.

"What are you all doing here?" He asked with a few heavy pants. Nothing serious.

Gabriella, who is wearing Cafe COSMOS' shirt and jeans. She flashed him with her brightest smile. "Just picking you up!" She cheerily said.

She's been working part time for under the supervision of Melinda. Looks like that she wanted to be a barista too, and well, except for Bill, Melinda has quite a talent for coffee beans too.

Dipper didn't believed what she said and looked at Melinda, who shrugs. "We just really did. You are finished with your tests, right?" She asked.

"Uh. Yes. Why ask?" He asked back, uncertain to where this is headed.

Melinda and Maxon shared a knowing glance.

"Oh, stop it you two!" Gabriella squeals, slapping Maxon's back and he almost toppled over to Melinda. She sounds very excited and overcome by cuteness.

Dipper gave them his best confused look ever. "What the hell is happening?" He asked again. Honestly, he feels so drain for this week since he's been constantly shoving information on his brain and only to sleep for 5-6 hours, he'll be lucky if he managed to sleep before 10 pm.

Melinda smiles at Maxon as she wraps her arm around his, pulling him close to her body and almost shouted at Dipper's face as she shoved her left hand with a silver ring on her ring finger.

"We're engaged!" She exclaimed with her chirpiest tone ever.

Maxon blushes and felt wanting to faint since he was so damn nervous when he proposed all of a sudden. It was unplanned and for the both of them, they wouldn't have it any other way.

A breath stopped at Dipper's throat. He can only pray that he wasn't showing a stupid face while he is processing what just Melinda proclaims right now.

Apparently, it looks stupid since Gabriella was holding back her laughter but a snort escaped her mouth. She covers her mouth, "oh, shit," she curses but still shaking from laughter.

Melinda pouted at Dipper, "Oi! Is it that surprising?" She whines.

Dipper lets out the breath from his throat and to feel his cheeks ache as his lips stretches into a huge smile. He won't say it but his eyes starting to water from the news. He feels so happy for them! So happy that he wants to jump up and down.

"I---" He sighs, his body relaxing. "I'm so happy for the both of you!" He exclaimed, blushing at how childish he sounds.

Melinda giggles as Maxon smiles back at Dipper. "We thought that we invite you to a dinner party to celebrate our engagement." He explains.

"It's happening now? Like, right now?" Dipper sweat dropped. A dinner party always sounds fancy and well, he is just wearing a huge sweater and jeans.