Chapter 73

Ces: enjoy reading!

*=*

Chapter 73 "Hope"

Bill hums as he waits for his lover to answer his phone from the other side. He just took a quick shower, letting all the tension and sweat leave his body. It's been too long since he felt so nervous about his family.

He took a sip from his can of beer. Conveniently, there is a small supermarket near the apartment. Just a walking distance. He managed to buy some instant noodles and some beer to accompany him for a few days. He isn't going to show up to Mantino without any front plan.

It's around 5:25 am in New York City. Knowing that he is 3 hours ahead in time, he expected Dipper to be asleep by now. Still, he wants to know what Dipper wants to say.

After a few more rings, finally Dipper picked up with a groan and a huff.

"Bill?" His voice sounding sleepy and disorientated.

Bill smiles fondly at his voice. "Sorry for waking you, sweetheart." He apologizes.

"What. No. It's--- it's fine, it's cool, Bill." Dipper stammered, trying to compose himself.

"Let's make this quick, so you can rest a bit more." He suggested, feeling a bit of guilt.

He can practically hear Dipper pout from the other side of the line. "I said, it's fine! We can talk as long as we can." He argues.

Bill sigh, knowing that he can't stop Dipper in this one. "Okay, okay! We will, how's things over there?" He asks, changing the topic.

"Surprisingly... eventful?"

"Now that's just sad. You guys are partying now that I'm gone?" It was his turn to pout.

"It's not like that! A few things happened. All of them are important but the one I'm saying right now is... very important to you, Bill." Dipper's voice wavers by the end. As if he was trying to keep Bill at by, trying to keep things chill.

Bill frowns. He already has a bad feeling about this. "Tell me."

"I need you to calm down, first, okay? And after I say that, I need you to listen to my explanation, got it?"

"Loud and clear, Pine Tree."

Dipper takes in a shaky breath and lets out the words Bill should have expected.

"Wynn has 3 months to live."

It took Bill's breath away, he feels like it also took half of his heart away. His sister. His twin. His one and only sibling. The one who always calms him down when there's ghosts at his closet is going to die after 3 months. He swallows. Why is everything comes crashing down once I just have everything right? His question that seems like some hypothetical question.

Dipper frowns, "she didn't told you earlier about this, knowing you're going to run after Mantino. She didn't want to burden your plans." He explains, voice tight, "she was really mad about you leaving by the way."

Bill huffs out a laugh. "Of course she'll be mad. What a fucking hypocrite." He takes a huge swig from his beer, downing it in one go, wanting to get drunk/drowned for this night.

"What are you going to do?" Dipper asks rather than apologizing for the sudden reminder of Wynn's probable death.

It kinda works. Bill now looks serious and not forlorn. "I'm still doing the plan, Pine Tree. I still have time. I can finish this, I can end this." He says, mostly to himself.