Chapter 50

Ces: WE MADE IT TO 50! HELL YEEEEEEEE

*=*

Chapter 50 "A Simple Visit"

Third Person's POV

Dipper wasn't surprised when the doctor told him he can leave today. He almost laughed when it announced! Still he kept a straight face (pfft"straight") and thanked the doctor and nurses for everything.

Now, he's alone with Mabel and Melinda, who stopped by in her lunch break to see what's happening with him.

"Thank God, you're finally coming home!" Melinda exclaimed, sighing a huge gulp of relief.

He nodded, smiling, "i know! I couldn't wait to feel my bed again." He said and mostly every damn time he goes out from his room.

"We need to clean up your place though." Mabel perked up, grinning.

"Ehh- really?" Dipper pouted.

Melinda chuckled, "don't worry, we already went ahead and did it."

Dipper cheered as Mabel muttered, "who?"

"Just some people I know."

Mabel didn't asked any questions further.

Soon, they arrived at the apartment. Honest to goodness, Dipper couldn't even find the right words to be relieved at the moment when he stepped inside his place. Almost all the memories and the presence of just the room relaxes him. He couldn't jelp but to smile at himself.

The two girls smiled at each other, "Well, then, looks like you're good to go then?" Melinda stated, putting the paper bags at the sofa.

Dipper turned to them, smiling, "yes! I can handle myself from here." He exclaimed.

The two girls smiled at themselves. Knowing he isn't lying and probably won't be stupid enough to lie to them right now.

"Well, alright then," Melinda stated, "we'll be going then." She narrowed her eyes on Mabel who still has the worried expression on her face.

Melinda eased her by soothing her clenched hand, "Mabel?"

"Okay, I'll follow you out." She answered, smiling weakly.

The older nodded and left the two alone.

The air stayed still. It was almost like that night all over again but this time Mabel won't let everything fall on Dipper's shoulders again, "uh, so, you good?" She nervously asked.

Dipper almost laughed, "of course, sis. I'll be fine, I promise." He smiled.

Mabel almost fell for that genuine smile, "okay okay. Just making sure."

Dipper stared at her as if a mushroom has grown on top of her head, "you should get some sleep, dummy." He paused, "also, get some date with Pacifica." He murmured.

"What was that?"

"Nothing." Dipper sighed and took a step closer to her, "get some rest once you reach home, okay? And tell mom and dad, thanks." He stated, almost like a whisper.

Mabel was surprised, really surprised.

Dipper cleared his throat, "if that's all, you can leave now, I want to get some rest." He said, a bit bashful.

"Ah, yes! Of course. Okay," She smiled wide, "get some rest, bro, " She kissed his cheek and left in a jippy.

Dipper sighed in relief when he can finally move around freely. He closed the door and went to the kitchen, getting a can of beer and sat on top of the messy counter.