Chapter 57

Ces: happy new year??

*=*

Chapter 57 "To a New Us!"

"Good evening, gentlemen." The receptionist of the Loft greeted with a practiced smile.

Bill and Dipper smiled back, as a thanks. Dipper let go from Bill, without squeezing his arm for a sec, before standing up straight and his expression shifting from chill to a calm and calculating look. Bill thought this might be his, "Oren"-look.

Dipper went straight ahead to the table with a few other people, taking a pen and writing. He signs up his name and Bill's name. They argued about this earlier, for not using a fake name.

Looks like, Bill really is used to the cameras to the extent some photographers on the entrance asked him to pose for them. Of course, he followed with a gratifying smirk.

Dipper chuckles at his partner. He steps near him and tugs his arm, pulling him away from the flashing lights, "come on, Bill!" He said, quite excited.

And that's a first, he never felt excited to any parties that he went! Maybe this time it's different, this time he has someone to talk to without putting any defenses up.

Bill pouts and blows a final kiss to the cameras before following Dipper inside.

This time, they were hand in hand.

They stepped inside the Loft and quickly, Dipper caught a swiff of expensive colognes in the air. The air pulsing of pink, green, and blue as the DJ at the top of the stage headbanging as he beats while many dancers are at the dance floor. The music loud and obviously, well-made remix, not some remix you can hear in the wet market.

Dipper was pulled away from his daze when Bill leans near his ear, "this place is loud!" He practically screamed.

He couldn't help but laugh, "thanks for stating the obvious!" He replied.

He then saw the bar, the prize of this hectic party, "let's get some drinks!" He didn't wait for Bill's reply and led him across the room, meeting familiar faces and some producers.

Some smiled at him, or just nodded. A plain sign that he is delighted to be seen out from his cave.

Finally, they reached the bar.

Thankfully, the bar is quite far from the dance floor, so it isn't that loud.

Bill laughed as he leans against the counter, "now, what will you have, Mr. Owen?" He teased with his infamous toothy grin.

"Old fashioned."

Bill snickered, "so posh. Mr. Oren, sir." He told the bartender his order (which is Black Russian) and Dipper's.

Dipper smirks, "how are you enjoying yourself?"

"Not much change." Bill shrugs, "the only difference is that new faces."

Dipper opens his mouth to ask.

"I'll tell you everything, Mason. Not here, but soon, I promise."

Bill's eyes are serious, although his whole face is all entertained or enjoying. His eyes are always transparent. Dipper closes his mouth and gently brushes his hand on the other's cheek, "I know." He stated, content with that.

Bill leans at the touch.

Dipper sighs, "Bill... About earlier--"

"Oren!"

Dipper sighs heavily at the calls who calls him out. He drinks his glass in one gulp then muttered under his breath, "fucking bullocks." In a thick British accent.