Chapter 77

Ces: enjoy reading!

*=*

Chapter 77 "In Our Hands"

After engaging the system that Bill created to protect his computer software and files; he picked up his messenger bag filled with his take home assignments that needed to be signed and read for tomorrow's debriefing with the rest of the department. That will be his first time on meeting his team face first.

He combed his fingers on his hair, slicking his bangs back and feeling the stickiness of the wax he used earlier on. While his other hand texting easily one handedly and sending the text to Dipper.

To: Mason <3

Hi, babe! Just finished work. Omw 2 drink w friendss love you ❤️

Bill casts one last glance on his office. Rather than glance, he observed, searching for anything unusual to the normal surroundings of his modernistic office.

Assuring himself that there is none, Bill left his office with a tight lock and went to the receptionist's lounge at the ground floor to meet up with the others for a drink.

Apparently, Evelyn managed to invite Tessie with them and also, the other woman with them earlier, her name is Danny. Of course, Jordan will be joining them. It seems weird that he and Jordan will be the only men in the group, but he had been hanging out with Pyronica will all of his life, he finds this nostalgic than weird.

He stole a glance to the huge wall clock placed at the marble wall behind the row of attentive and busy looking receptionists with their professional smiles and proper makeup.

It's 9:38 pm... Pyronica must be there already. Bill thought with tense muscles. He sent a text to her but she didn't replied. He can only assure himself that she's safe and probably feeling gracious for the time to play.

"Boss!" The familiar voice of Evelyn was found at the middle of the lounge. She's already on her coat and with the group she has invited with them.

Bill smiles at the group. "Hello everyone." He greeted with his trained professionally. But snapped back to his usual face as his lips grows wider and real, "don't call me boss after hours. Feels weird." Casting a knowing look to Evelyn who reached the back of her neck, embarrassed.

"If that's the case---" Tessie, the playful programmer, grins wide and despite her small and petite frame managed to pull down Bill with her arm around his neck, he yelps. "Let's go drinking already! I want to get laid!" She boasted with a mighty laugh.

Danny, the serious application developer, glares at Tessie. "Let go of him, Tess!" She scolded, huffing.

But Tessie only stuck out her tongue. However, she did let go of him once her arm got tired and now she and Danny are having their fifth bickering for today. This is their usual routine.

Bill laughed dryly as he massage his neck. It has been hurting a lot recently, maybe the fact he has been looking down and straining his neck a lot with this job of his. He sighed heavily, now he has to buy some ointment for his neck pain.

Almost like reading his mind, Jordan approached him with hesitance but offered him the pain relieving ointment that he has. He grins tiredly, "here... You can use this." He can't bring himself to call his once interviewee by his name, especially the fact he is the son of the damn CEO.

Bill beams at him, taking the tube and rubbing some on his neck, sighing in relief. "Thanks a lot, Jordan." He gratefully said as he puts back the cap and gave it back to Jordan, who nods at him, happy.