Chapter 72

Ces: enjoy reading!

*=*

Chapter 72 "Cassandra's Truth"

The cool air of New York bites the back of Bill's neck when he landed. It was harsh, almost like the cold reality slapping his face as hard as it can. He appreciates that. Since until now, he can still feel Dipper's warmth in his body. He can still feel him with him and it's sickening.

It hasn't been a day yet, yet he misses the damn person already.

Bill sneered when he saw two meaty men by the airport's waiting area. They were surrounded by weary people yet they don't give a single fuck on who's ogling them. He pushed forward, ready to get this over with.

Then he noticed a familiar face behind those towering men.

"Cassandra," Bill said, voice full of authority.

The black haired woman is wearing a red dress, almost like the kind of dress anyone would call a 'club dress'. She managed to keep it professional when she closed het jacket with the only button. Her hair is in a tight bun, looking a lot old.

She nodded at him, "Bill, welcome home." She tried to soften her voice but she's just beyond exhausted for today.

Of course, Bill noticed this. One of the guard tries to take his luggage, but shook his head at them. "Thanks, but no." He says and the guard didn't push any further.

"Does Mantino know I'm here?"

Cassandra shakes her head. "If he does, you're first in line to go back." A smile plays at her thin red lips, "do not worry, he's drunk and passed out since an hour ago." She assures, but not so likely.

For Bill though, he knows when that guy is drunk, he becomes a mania for hitting many things. His eyes narrows at Cassandra's legs. Apparently, he was right. He saw some purplish bruises underneath her dress, barely seen unless stares for too long.

"You stay with him?" He questioned.

Cassandra shrugs and visibly winces, "not always. I always ran the meetings, the kind of meetings that bore him." She motions for him to follow her.

"The meetings related to employees low wages and his misogynistic bullshittery on his offices, perhaps?" He scowls.

"Yes."

Their journey to the car was silent. It's not like Bill has anything else to her. Even in his childhood, both of them are not close. But if there was a universe where they are a proper family, he suppose that Cassandra is someone he's close to if she's a proper parent. He let his luggage stay close to him, still doesn't trust Cassandra's goons.

Both Bill and Cassandra sits at the back seats while the guards stays up front, soon they start the engine and went on to the city.

He pulls out his phone, quickly texting Dipper to let him know that he arrived safe and sound.

To: Mason <3

Hi, Pine Tree! You told me to message you as soon as I landed and I did! I'm with mother now. Looks like Mantino doesn't know I'm here in York Town.

I miss you already.

When he's done, he sent the text in a jippy.

Cassandra's phone chimes, seems like a text message since she doesn't looked annoyed. Bill knows that she hates voice calls or anything that revolves her voice.

Her mouth twitched. He couldn't pin point if it's because she's irritated or happy. But she cursed under her breath and replied, perfectly thread eyebrows furrowed.