Chapter 60

Ces: heyya!

*=*

Chapter 60 "Help"

When the couple arrived, they went straight to the cafe since they both know Melinda is waiting for them to return. It was supposed to be a joyous reunion but they were greeted by a screaming rant as they stepped inside.

"YOU IDIOTS! WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU DONE THIS TIME. DIPPER PINES I EXPECTED MORE FOR YOU. WHAT DO YOU THINK THEY'LL THINK OF YOU NOW. SERIOUSLY, GETTING MIXED UP WITH THEIR FAMILY DRAMA. AS FOR YOU, BILL CIPHER, I CANNOT EXPRESS HOW ANGRY I AM---"

The couple tuned her out as they put their bags down at the counter. Bill helps Dipper out from his coat and placed it with their bags, the free man sighs, content. He really missed this place, even if they were gone for like 2 days only.

"Latte, babe?" Bill said, behind the counter as he take an apron and wore it.

"That would be lovely." Dipper smiles sweetly.

Bill winks and went to work.

Dipper then looked back at Melinda who is still ranting. He thinks it's about Bill revealing about his identity in national TV with him on the screen, much importantly, hinting that he's Bill's lover. He shrugs at the thought, he doesn't mind though? He loves Bill.

"--HOW COULD YOU, BILL, AFTER EVERYTHING. YOU SAID IN THE CONTRACT NO REVEALING OF IDENTITY---"

"Melinda!" Dipper screamed, loud and clear. Melinda froze as a pair of hands landed on her shoulders, snapping her out from her long and loud nagging that shakes the Earth.

He smiled, helpless at his manager, "we're alright, okay?" He said, "nothing is on fire, except you, we can worry about my publicity when I have to do some advertising on my books okay?" Although, with his name being thrown in and out from the drama, he thinks this is a good start to announce the book he'll publish.

But he won't tell Melinda that. He didn't even still finish his manuscript for the final chapter yet!

Melinda clicked his tongue and surrendered at his soft and 'take a chill pill' eyes. She nodded, "alright.. fine." But she glares at Bill, "but that doesn't mean you're off the hook!"

Bill laughs, standing next to Dipper as he passes a cup of latte. Dipper swoons and took it instantly, he certainly missed his latte. He even tasted a little bit of cinnamon at the end. A bit tangy but good!

"I know, Mel, calm down. Besides, no one will know about my whereabouts here. 8-ball and the others handles my information going in and out from this town." He sips on his coffee.

Dipper perked up, "how are they anyways? It's been a long time!" He said.

Bill shrugs, "probably messing someone's property again. I might be their leader of some kind but I'm not the one who keeps tabs on whose face they're bashing right now."

"Well, you certainly do look someone who's irresponsible when given the title of a leader."

"Hey! That's mean!" Bill pouted.

Dipper laughed and stuck out his tongue before leaving Melinda and Bill alone.

Melinda took advantage of the moment. She pinched Bill's side which earned her a loud hissing yelp from the victim. Bill glared but retreated soon enough when he saw her serious expression.

Bill sips, "Pine Tree will be alright, I promise." He assured.

"Oh, hell yeah, he'll be alright." Melinda said, raising an eyebrow, "I'm worried about you, Bill. You know your father, he has some serious connections, he might find you." Her tone sounds venomly concerned.