Chapter 17

Ces: Enjoy Reading!

*=*

Chapter 17 "Asterism"

Third Person's POV

Dipper's last class got cancelled. Now, he is waiting for his sister at the cafeteria instead. Though he isn't really confident about this at all. And still gets nervous when some murmur around him, eyeing him and mostly giving him the stares.

He held his book close, reading it thoroughly and focusing on it instead of the world around him. But it isn't just worth it, especially when he just finished reading it.

He looked around, nervously. Only to see that the cafeteria is empty except the staffs. He sighed in relief, he could finally move freely. He received a text from Mabel.

From: Mabel
Subject: You good there?

Please wait for a little longer, okay?

He smiled clumsily, she might get caught in this stupidness.

To: Mabel
Subject: Yes.

I will. Don't text when in class.

He didn't expect another text from her.

Earlier, it started to snow again. And the air seems festive. He leans on the table, to catch a glimpse from the snow outside the window. It made him smile a little.

Christmas is three weeks away. He wondered what he will make for Christmas today? Though he's sure he'll spend it alone again, he never went home for Christmas. Another tough one. Mabel will get mad at him because he didn't celebrated Christmas with them again.

He shaked his head, he stood up from his seat and left the cafeteria. Maybe he'll just wander around, they did have a early dismissal thanks to the class that got cancelled.

The snow was thick beneath his shoes and the falling snowflakes melts on his jacket and some stucked on his hair and didn't melt away.

He shaked on the inside. Remembering the events earlier and last night! He couldn't believe that Bill made him do that to him. I think he's just using his friendship to blackmail him. But of course, he won't believe that. Stupid negative thoughts.

He looked up, half smiling. The sky looks gloomy but it's still beautiful. He really loves winter.

"Hey, Pines."

Dipper flinched when someone tapped his shoulder, he turned around and step back a bit. He paled.

"What are you doing here?" It was Jake, looking all smug and emotionless as ever. The usual type of person who is fucking aloof.

"I-I.." Come on, Dipper! Stand up! "M-My last class g-got cancelled so w-we have a early d-dismissal." He explained, shaking at the stare again and not from the cold.

Jake tilts his head. "Is that so.. Why are you out in the snow?" He asks next.

What does this guy want from him anyways? Dipper gulped. "Wh-What do you want from me?" He asked.

There was a beat of silence between them. Jake shrugs, he doesn't quite know too. He skipped class like he usually do, the class was too dull for his tastes.

"My class was too boring. I skipped it and saw you here." He explained.

Dipper looked away, clenching on his book on his chest. Why can't he just go away? "I-I see.." He answered, wanting to get away but has no voice and strength to do so. That still doesn't answer his question though.