Chapter 80

Ces: there's a reason why I split up the dinner part from last chapter, either way enjoy reading!

*=*

Chapter 80 "Celebrate!"

Dipper, Mabel, and Pacifica waited for the others by the fountain in the middle of some kind of lounge of the mall. The lounge is dazzling and elegant just like how the mall is constructed. A huge and diamond crusted chandelier on top of them with ceiling hangings of white cloths and fairy lights that seems like some kind of glitters floating midair.

The only guy just sits by the bench, reading and revising a chapter of his manuscript since he can't trust his own editors' works.

As for the couple, they keep taking pictures and even do window shopping when they get bored. Mabel has taken a lot of stolen shots from Dipper and successfully sends them to Bill.

Just now, Mabel has sent a pic of Dipper pouting on his screen to Bill. She giggles when she received a reply real quick.

From: Dipper's bf

SHOOTING STAR THIS ISN'T FAIR STOP IT 😤😭😭😭😩

For the blond's sake, she stopped sending and focused on her lover's transfixed expression on the huge chandelier on top of them. Her blue eyes seems to shine a lot brighter against the diamonds.

Mabel smiles at the sight. She nudged her with her elbow, "hey." She murmured.

Pacifica snaps at her daze and turns to Mabel, grinning teasingly. "Hey to you too." She replies.

"Penny for your thoughts?" Mabel asked, always intrigued to her thoughts.

Pacifica shrugs. "Just remembering my parents." She answered simply.

Mabel stares at her, motioning her to continue why she's thinking of her parents. After all, ever since they've gone out, the blond always stress that her family is in shambles or that she hates her father so much to the extent she rebelled and didn't went to Oxford for her college.

The blond sighs, relaxing her shoulders and shifted to her left to lean at Mabel. "I always remember in our mansion, in some trap door on the floor when I accidentally opened it when I was a kid." She paused, neck straining, she lowers her head. "I saw it. A crate full of smuggled diamonds." She stated.

"How did you know that it was smuggled?" Mabel questioned, curious.

Pacifica smirked. "I heard them talking about it when it was past my bedtime. It was supposed to be a present for some politician's wife but stolen by my father's thugs. The diamonds were just stolen because mother told him that she wanted some." She sighed, frustrated by the information. Even as a child, she was pissed at what her parents had done.

"Despite having tons of 24 karat diamond necklaces, earrings, bracelets, etc. on her jewelry room. She still wanted more and father will always provide them, just to prove something to her that he can make her happy than her past husband." She added, then looked back at Mabel's gaze.

Her eyes softens, feeling relieved all of a sudden at her presence. "I'm glad that I ran away from that household. I don't want to be my mother nor my father." She declares, proud.

Mabel smiles at her, nodding. "Yeah. If you were to stay there for more, I wouldn't have seen you again or be together with you like this." She grips tightly on Pacifica's hand, mind numbing happiness seeping on her brain.

Pacifica giggles. "True. I'm glad I found you again, Mabel Pines." She whispered.

They both leaned at each other, gazing from afar, watching something or nothing at all.