Chapter 47

Ces: what will happeeennn ~ ?? i dont knooowww --

*=*

Chapter 47 "Two Scenes"

Third Person's POV

Next Day

"Where's Melly!?"

Was the first statement that Maxon said as he burst inside the cafe, still all dressed up and a trolly on head. He was sweating and worried. He's been thinking about his lover since yesterday.. he knows how responsible she is when it comes to Dipper. Well, he is worried about him too but his Melly comes first.

The cafe was bustling when he arrived, he attracted a lot of eyes on his way. Either way, he didn't cared and pushed through all the people from the cashier and faced the dazed Bill. He slammed his fists on the wood, "Bill! Where the hell is Melinda!?" He yelled at his face.

Bill wasn't fazed and slowly pointed at the back door, "she's on break, dude. Calm your tits." He said, laughing airly.

Now, seeing this reaction from Bill surprised him. He isn't used seeing him laughing while on a daze. Especially with the face of a dead man. He gave him a narrowed-eye look and leaned on him, "alright, what the hell is wrong with you?" He asked, "did you get dumped? Laid? Probably you murdered someone-"

"The only one who's murdering here is me." The voice came to his side and that voice was the one he wanted to hear the most. He twirled to face her and saw that beautiful angry face that he came to love as always. His expression lightens up and embraced the redhead, nuzzling on her red curls like a pillow, "oh my love! I missed you so much!" He tightened the hug while Melinda reciprocate of it, she snuggled on his embrace, "we.. should go at the back." She whispered.

The stares of the public sent shivers down to her spine. It was rather disgusting. They should to think of themselves, she thought while not letting go.

Maxon smiled sweetly and nodded. The redhead led the way as she felt comfortable as soon the entered the break room.

"Melly, what happened?" His voice gentle and soft. As if one hard word will break her.

Melinda looked at him with her noticable puffy eyes. No need for words when it comes to this. Maxon stared, wide eyed. He can see the little girl in her albums back home, the little girl who's so fragile and needed to be cared tender-like. This was that little girl, who only grew a bit taller, let her hair long and knows how to multiply 8 to 5.

She held the tears in, "i-- i'm so scared for him, Maxon-- I-I don't know what--" she flails her hand around, "to do anymore.."

Maxon sadden at the statement. After all, Melinda is a woman who knows how to make decisions and plan. She always have plans starting from A to Z. She's that kind of woman. He stepped near her and cupped her cheeks gently, "oh, my little Melly--" he cooed.

Melinda smiled a little at the name calling, she nuzzled at his one palm.

"I am very proud to be your boyfriend." He said with a proud smile, "to have such a 'ready to kill--slash-- save someone' girl is pretty rare," he laughed then went slowly silent. "However, maybe, this time, it's not all of your plans gonna work out, you know." He said, pained.

She blinked, "w-what?"

"Maybe, this time, Dipper will work something out even if he's not in shape to do so. Maybe, Mabel will. Or their parents? Or--" he paused, narrowing his eyes away, "this time, him." He grinned tightly.

Melinda took a little time to process who's him. When she did, she sweat dropped at the suggestion, "h-him?" She felt being choked, "you mean, Bill, right?" She asked in whisper.

Maxon have to roll eyes at her. "Obviously, Melinda." He teased.

She puffed one cheek, "so what if him-- how can he possibly do so?" She asked.

That question made him smile wide. Maxon chuckled and placed a kiss on her forehead, "let's leave that to Bill, shall we?"

*=*

Afternoon

Mabel was alone at the dull hospital corridor again. She's wearing rather sad clothes, for sure. Gray sweater with a rain drop at the middle and leggings. For someone who knew Mabel for so long, they know she don't dress something like this. As if, she was mourning.

She has her hands clenched at her knees, staring intently at the door of her brother.

Thankfully, there aren't screaming today. Just a few. But not a lot like last day. That day was horrifying for Mabel. She couldn't take the ear-grating screams and choking sobs of her brother.

However, she didn't expect Bill to come in such short notice.

His face is dull. It definitely is, it pairs with his dark, mysterious vibe today. He sat next to her in silence, hands shoved inside his pockets, staring intently to the door too.

Mabel decided to break the silence, "what are you doing here, Bill?" She asked, confused.

He didn't waste a breath, "i'll go meet him."

She sat still, eyes widen. She didn't waste an energy to look at him. To ask him if he's bonkers too. She took in a hazy breath in. Now she's worried for the blond. She uncleanched her other hand and placed it on his knee, "are you sure?" Her voice trembling.

Bill smiled faintly, "yeah." He placed his free hand above her's.

Mabel nodded, trembling, "he'll scream."

"Well, that's what I want him to do since then--"

Mabel turned red and slapped his arm repeatedly with embarrassment. She couldn't believe him! Joking at a time like this! At a crucial moment like this. Bill laughed at her reaction, expecting it. He was glad she made an another expression, he was starting to worry if she'll turn to stone like that.

She fumed, "fuck you, Bill! Honestly--!" The words aren't heard anymore since she's complaining under her breath.

Bill smiled at that. He squeezed his shoulder, making her look at him, "well, the door is unlocked, right?" He questioned.

Mabel's nervousness came back. She nodded, "yes."

He hummed and stood up, going his way in front of the door. Is he ready? He doesn't know. Will Dipper react differently? He doesn't know. Will he ever forget what happened and the information he got last night?

Bill closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Never."

He opened the door.

*=*

Ces: *explosion noises* votes and comments are appreciated!

Words: 1094