Chapter 54

Ces: enjoy reading!

*=*

Chapter 54 "Invitation to what?"

Third Person's POV

The first one to notice was Karen, out of all people, it was her.

The couple is not directly sticking together, although they are in the same place. Both of them are at the cafe; Bill as usual managing the counter, doing the orders while Dipper is talking to Melinda about a New Year party in Washington that he's been invited to. A party which mostly costs celebrities, politicians, artists and surprisingly, also authors.

They do not look each other in the eye, however, every time Bill gets a chance. He'll brush his fingers on Dipper's arm or luckily, hand. The other touching him back with a light squeeze before letting the fingers go. The others doesn't notice this, surprisingly, even Melinda, who's right in front of Dipper most of the time.

When Karen saw them quietly brushing each other's hands, obviously hiding. She just oh'ed and said, "you're dating." As if it was nothing out of ordinary.

Which actually, it isn't. She dropped a bomb right there. As if on a microphone, Jonas, who's baking at the kitchen, George and Oscar entering the break room, Melinda writing a reply to the sender about the party and Hana who's about to place new cakes on the counter, heard her.

The new couple froze on their spot, not saying anything out of fear. Especially, from Melinda.

Which surprisingly, she manages. She brushed away the small curl on her freckled face as she smiles to them.

"Congrats, you two." She said, "take care of each other, alright?" With that she continues what she was doing.

Dipper sighs, relieved. He really thought she'll be mad, disappointed, anything but happy. Out of relief, he squeezes Bill's hand, intertwining them. The blonde gladly accepts the contact.

The next one to congratulate them is Hana, Karen following behind her in a slow pace, clearly not sure if she should be congratulating them.

Hana squeals and jumps up and down, couldn't contain her happiness for the two. "I'm so happy for the both of you!" She exclaims, cheeks redder.

"Was it a secret?" Karen slips in, worried, "I'm sorry if I said it out loud." She apologizes.

"No, no!" Dipper disagrees, shaking his head, "it's not like we're keeping it a secret from you guys." He smiles, helpless. "Rather, we just couldn't find the right time to tell you about it." Bill laughed.

The girls oh'ed and congratulates them again. Jonas, George and Oscar follows, grinning ear to ear. Except for Oscar though, he never smiles. Jonas laughs out loud and swings an arm around Bill's neck, ruffling his head, "you asshole, you fucking did it!" He shouted. Bill squirms at the touch, "don't touch my hair, dammit!" It took him an hour to fix it today!

Jonas released him as George politely congratulates them. It was so him.

While Bill talks to the two, he notices that Oscar is talking to Dipper, calm and collected.

"I should be saying congrats, but I really don't care." Said Oscar.

Dipper shrugs, "fair enough."

"However," Oscar follows, "May I ask? Are you happy, Pines?"

It was a ridiculous question, some may thought. But for Dipper, it warms his insides. He smiles at him, soft, "the happiest that I've ever been." He answered.

That was enough for Oscar to smirk and leaves them, George trailing behind him as usual. Jonas went back to the kitchen to do his work. In short, everything is back to normal.