Ch. 2 - She's A Fan

~ Chapter 2: She’s A Fan ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

My body was sprawled out against the couch as I stared at the ceiling, trying to calm the anger I was feeling towards… Well… The rest of the world, to be honest.

Media. To be honest.

I ran both hands down my face as I let out a frustrated sigh, closing my eyes until I heard the door burst open, startling me. I immediately looked up towards the doorframe and saw Scooter staring at me, his eyes practically red from the stress he was experiencing at the moment.

“Justin,” he growled lowly, slamming the door shut as he walked over to me. “Where have you been? When you stormed out of here, I discarded all the beer you were keeping and went out to look for you. I couldn’t find you anywhere!”

“You’re terrible at finding people,” I chuckled, not an ounce of humor found in the tone I was speaking in.

“I’m not here to play games,” he said irritably, clenching his jaw. “I know you don’t want to admit it, Justin. But you’re at a breaking point right now and I need you to stay with me.”

“Why?” I stood up, my voice raising as I shot him a deathly glare. “I’m not some kid anymore, Scooter. You don’t need to fucking watch over me anymore!”

“Watch your mouth,” he hissed.

I leaned closer towards him, making sure he heard me perfectly. “No,” I said, loud and clear.

Rage circled Scooter’s eyes as he rolled his sleeves up. “What happened to you?” he whispered.

“That,” I pointed out the window, where the crowd of paparazzi were still screaming after me. “That happened.”

“It was never like this before,” he said softly.

“I know.” Lowering my arm, I relaxed my muscles before straightening up. “It wasn’t.”

“You don’t need to give them what they want, Justin. You find them annoying, I know, but you’re doing exactly what they want you to do. They want you to ruin the image you worked so hard to put up for yourself.”

“I’m sick and tired of their bullshit and I’m going to fucking set them straight, alright?” I yelled.

“Watch your mouth,” Scooter repeated, screaming it loudly, causing me to flinch. I stare wide-eyed at him before hearing the sound of a door opening, Jackie stepping out dressed in only a bathrobe. She looked at Scooter, her face in pure shock before she locked eyes with me, her lip slightly quivering.

Shit… She must’ve heard our yelling.

“Jackie,” I whispered, ignoring Scooter’s presence as I walked over to her. “Come on,” I said quietly, leading her down a small hallway and to my room.