Ch. 14 - Going Through It Alone

~ Chapter 14: Going Through It Alone  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

I stormed out of the house, the chilly air that hit my face matching my cold, icy emotions. If I were to shed a tear now, it’d freeze before it reached the bottom of my chin.

My heart felt so empty yet it hurt me immensely. I haven’t had this much pain in my poor, broken heart ever since my break up with Alicia. I guess I should just give up on girls and love in general. I mean, think about it… If I fall in love with someone else, I’ll only end up leaving them because I care about them. I don’t want this life for them so it’s best I stay away from all relationships so that every girl in the world is happier and can live much easier lives.

I’ll have to become a loner, and continue my life whilst my mind is elsewhere. I’ll be here physically but not mentally. I’m officially utterly broken.

As I approached the spot I had parked my car in, I heard a male voice yell my name, causing me to turn around immediately.

“Justin!” There was a flash of light that almost blinded me, and I raised my hand to shield my vision before slowly lowering it, blinking a few times to see a paparazzo jogging towards my direction.

“Fuck,” I muttered, a smoke of cold air escaping my lips. I resumed my walk towards the car, trying to keep my cool even though I knew it wouldn’t last long. I slid inside and closed the car door before inserting the keys into the ignition. By now, the paparazzo was tapping on my window, a couple of flashes going off now and then. I ignored his presence and backed the car up, making an abrupt turn to warn the paparazzo to step away.

“Justin, who’s the mystery girl?” his muffled voice came through the closed windows on the car. “Did you just come back from her house? Where does she live? Who is she?”

I made a hand gesture, telling him to back off, slowly moving the car forwards but the little shit didn’t get the memo.

“What’s her name?” He kept asking questions. “When did you two meet?”

I kept the car going forwards, successfully making him progressively take steps backwards until I was able to swerve into the road.

“Come on, Justin, give me something. Who is she?” he repeated his past question.

I simply raised my middle finger in the air, showing it off to him before speeding onto the road, tears stinging my eyes.

I just couldn’t get the thought of her out of my head. The image of Jackie invaded my brain and sooner or later, I was going to get a headache. To make it worse, the image of Alicia was slowly joining the thought of Jackie inside my head. Now I had two problems.

The sad truth is—I’m trying to heal from two heartbreaks at the same time. If just one is unhealthy, imagine how I feel right now. In fact, is it even safe to be driving back 2 hours by myself? ‘Cause I’m pretty sure I’m beginning to feel pretty lightheaded.