Ch. 33 - Where To Look

~ Chapter 33: Where To Look  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

Jackie, I thought to myself, where are you?

Why did you run from me? I was simply just trying to do what’s best for you. Why do you have to be so damn stubborn? Why can’t you listen to me for once?

I picked up my pace, walking quickly down the street and keeping my eyes open in case I saw Jackie somewhere. My heart began pounding faster and faster and I know it sounds silly, but I was scared. What if something happened to her? It’d all be my fault. I’m the one who upset her so much that she felt the need to run from me.

God, I began praying inside my head, I’d do anything, just bring Jackie back to me. Please… Let her be okay. Let me hold her just one more time.

I crossed the street again, slowing down to catch my breath before I heard someone gasp behind me. Turning around, I spotted a paparazzo looking straight at me, his mouth wide open.

“Justin Bieber…?” he said to himself, trying to make sure it was really me before he raised his camera and snapped about five pictures of me.

I groaned, raising my middle finger at him before turning around and running away. He began to chase me down the street and I turned a corner, finding a gap between two parked cars. I ran towards it and crouched behind one of the cars, waiting to see if I lost the paparazzo. I could hear his footsteps a few feet away from me, and I slowly began to slide my way out from behind the car before I took off running to the other side of the street.

“Hey!” the paparazzo yelled after me, snapping more pictures of me as I ran as fast as I could. I glanced behind me and saw he started chasing me again, but I had the upper hand—I was pretty far away from him. Without thinking, I crossed another street and midway, I realized the light was green for cars and I was in the middle of it. Turning my head, I saw a car approaching me at full speed and I gasped, making my legs run faster until I felt my muscles burning. I made it to the sidewalk before the car could hit me and I dropped to the pavement, my back hitting the ground as I looked up at the sky.

I felt a single sweat glide down my forehead as I panted helplessly, trying to regain my breath. Suddenly remembering I was running from someone, I forced myself to sit up, only to see that the paparazzo was stuck on the red light, and he couldn’t cross the street with all the incoming cars at full speed.

I let out a sigh in relief before standing up, wiping my forehead and looking around, trying to get a sense of where I was at.

I just didn’t know where to look. Where would Jackie even go? Would she be hiding somewhere or would she be in plain sight so that I could find her? Is she thinking that I left her when I continued on the green light back when we were in my car? Because the only reason I left, was so I could let all the other cars pass and then I could turn around and come for her. Maybe she thinks I just left.

Is she heading back towards the hotel we came from? Did she stop by and get food? Is she just standing in front of a store? Did she enter a store?