Ch. 17 - You Kinda Ruined Me

~ Chapter 17: You Kinda Ruined Me  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

I sleepily opened my eyes, my vision recovering from the blurry objects. After blinking a couple of times, I caught Alicia looking up at me, her head rested against my bare chest as she slowly yet gently caressed the side of my neck.

“Good morning,” she smiled, leaning down to kiss my abs. I inhaled a deep breath, not accustomed to having her so close to me since the breakup.

“Morning,” I whispered, my cheeks blushing when I realized we were both still naked, the morning sunlight brightening the room through the curtains.

A silence soon fell upon us—one that I, personally, found uncomfortable though I knew Alicia wasn’t disturbed by it at all. Maybe it’s because she confused the shit out of me. What we did last night… Does this mean we’re a thing now? Did we just get back together? Or am I getting mixed signals here? Is she using me for her own pleasure?

“Stop,” Alicia sighed. “I know what you’re thinking about.”

I looked at her, raising an eyebrow. “And what would that be?”

As I awaited for her to reply, I couldn’t help but stare at her beautiful lips. I remember thinking I wouldn’t mind kissing them all day and that’s exactly what’s running through my mind again right at this second.

“I confused you, didn’t I?” she half-smiled, holding me even tighter. “You don’t know where our relationship stands as of right now, do you?”

“How did you k—?”

“—We had been together long enough for me to know these things,” she interrupted my question. “But, Justin… I told you I still love you. Why are you doubting me?”

“Because it’s too good to be true,” I confessed. “I was madly in love with you and you let me go. You broke my heart. I had spent every single second of my life since that day to mend the broken pieces, all meanwhile poorly keeping up a good image. You kinda ruined me and you didn’t even know it. My biggest mistake? I never stopped loving you. I eventually wrote a song to help me deal with the pain and get it out to the world and you… You suddenly want me back… So… Why?”

“Why do I want you back?” she asked.

“Yeah. After all this mess, why now?” I swallowed hard, seeing her hesitate.

“The feelings you poured out through the song was exactly how I felt. I still love you, I still believe in us and I was heartbroken too, you know. Need I remind you why I broke up with you in the first place?” She looked up at me through her long lashes, blinking innocently at me.

My management made me isn’t an excuse to break up with me, Ali. If Scooter told me to leave the person I love, I’d fight back. I wouldn’t just give up that easily,” I scoffed. “And need I remind you the many arguments we would have per day? You couldn’t deal with it. I, on the other hand… I was still here, ready to fight for you.”