Ch. 53 - After One

~ Chapter 53: After One  ~

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

My legs were shaking. Naturally being a belieber, I wanted nothing more than to stand up and fucking run to Justin as if I was being chased by the devil himself. But it felt like I was stuck to the ground and no matter how hard I tried to stand, I just couldn’t. I wanted to call out for him but my voice wasn’t working either.

What am I gonna do?

Do I wait for Tyler? Or do I escape before he comes back to talk to Justin?

I sighed, trying to calm myself down with snacking on whatever food Tyler put inside this picnic basket. I tried pulling out one of the water bottles that were inside, but it accidentally slipped from my hand and hit the ground, rolling down the small hill where the tree I sat under was and stopping near… Justin.

Oh, isn’t my luck just wonderful.

I watched as Justin stopped walking and picked up the water bottle, confused about where it rolled from. He began looking at the direction where it came from until our eyes met. It seemed like time froze and I was caught in his gaze. I didn’t know how to react, I mean… He was looking straight at me. 

After what felt like forever, I gave him an awkward wave, which I regretted quite quickly because he just stood there staring at me, slightly squinting from the sunlight. I wish I could just read his mind. Does he hate me now? Does he not want to be near me?

Before I knew it, he was walking over to me and I felt my heart beat accelerating. He stopped a few feet away from me, his eyes never leaving mine.

After a moment of silence, he set the water bottle down on the blanket and said, “I think you dropped this, ma’am.”

I furrowed my eyebrows. What?

Justin then turned around and was about to leave before I desperately called out, “Wait! Justin!”

He stopped and looked at me again.

“Do you really not… recognize me?” my voice sounded a bit disappointed.

Justin’s face was blank as he looked me up and down. “Am I supposed to?”

My heart sank. “W-Wha… Yeah, kinda,” I said.

“Are you a fan?” he asked.

My heart sank deeper. “I’m a bit more than that, Justin.”

He examined me again before I saw a smirk forming in his face. “Do you really think I could ever forget you?”

My eyes widened and I suddenly found the strength in me to stand up and playfully smack Justin’s arm as hard as I could.