Ch. 57 - Problems

~ Chapter 57: Problems  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

When I got back to my hotel room after I took Jackie home, I got an angry call from Scooter.

He began yelling on about media reputation and asking if I’m smoking weed with friends or not.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, slow down,” I closed my eyes and let out a deep breath. “When was I smoking weed?”

Scooter paused and calmed down a bit. “Sorry… It’s not like I’m accusing you or anything, I’m just worried that it’s true.”

“I’m still lost here,” I pointed out.

“I read an article about how you and some friends were smoking weed in a room and there were pictures of you that didn’t quite looked photoshopped,” he explained.

“Scooter, I haven’t been smoking,” I reassured him.

“How do I know you’re not lying?”

“Because I’m not,” I said. “I don’t even have any weed on me—why would I?”

“Teenagers are strange creatures so I wouldn’t know,” he mumbled. “Whatever, I got a few things I have to do today so we can talk about this some other time. Later, kid.”

“Bye,” I said, and we hung up.

I bit my lip and quickly went on Google, searching the words: Justin Bieber smoking weed.

Of course, the article Scooter seemed to have read popped up right away. No hard time searching for it even needed.

It showed pictures of me smoking with Lil Twist and what I remember were some of his friends, except I remember that this was before the tour even started so how did the media suddenly get these pictures?

I’m not even friends with Twist anymore, and I hope I made that clear to him.

I let out a deep, frustrated sigh and set my phone down on the nearest table, deciding to forget all the bullshit for tonight and just rest.

[ Jackie’s POV: ]

“So did you guys make up or what?” Robin sat down on the couch, fixating her hair unto a messy bun before grabbing the bowl of popcorn she so-readily prepared for herself.

It was morning already and Robin texted me asking if she could come over. Of course, seeing as I had a lot I wanted to talk to her about, I agreed. And now, here she is, eliminating each and every one of my popcorn supplies one by one.