Ch. 16 - Make It Right

~ Chapter 16: Make It Right  ~

[ Justin’s POV: ]

“It’s me… It’s Jackie. I, huh—… I heard heartbreaker. You did an amazing job, so congratulations.” There was a pause as I listened to the voicemail Jackie had left me a few hours ago. Swallowing hard, I tightened my grip on my phone and bit my lip, listening to her broken voice, causing my heart to sink.

““Listen, I’m going to be really honest with you,” the voicemail message continued. “I—I miss you. There wasn’t a single second since you left that I haven’t thought about you. I truly hope you feel the same but, snapping back to reality, I’m beginning to think you’ve already let go of everything we had. Of you and I.” I suddenly felt like screaming at her, telling her she’s wrong. I felt like yelling at her and saying I have been thinking of her. And that I still haven’t let go… 

But I had to remind myself that this is just a voicemail… That it’s not really her on the other line.

“We’re both broken and we need each other so… I just wanted to let you know that… No matter what I… I wanted to let you know that… Well, you mean everything to me, Justin.” The sound of her gulping hesitantly was the last thing I heard before the message ended, and my heart skipped two beats.

I mean everything to her? Well, I know she’s a belieber so I can assume that since the start but… Really? Do I really mean that much to her?

Sighing, my heart aching, transferring its pain within every inch of my body, I dropped my phone on the table next to me only to hear it vibrate straight afterwards. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and grabbed my phone again, seeing I got a new text message.

From: Alicia Louise

I froze. No… Did she really text me? Is it really her? This is too good to be true. I desperately opened the message, my eyes scanning the screen in excitement, wondering what she had sent me.

Message:

Hey Justin. Long time no talk, huh? :) Well, anyway, I wanted to let you know that I’ve been meaning to meet with you. Do you think you could make it to the hotel I’m staying at? I’ll resend the address? I just really need to talk to you since last time didn’t go so well. Pls? <3

I reread the text message over and over and over until I was sure I could recite it back word for word without looking at it. I just couldn’t believe it... After all this time, Alicia wants to talk to me again? But the question is—why? Why now? Why at all?

To: Alicia Louise

Message:

You want to meet tonight? Is that what you’re asking?